Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LK WASHINGTON (Read 28239 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: LK WASHINGTON
Reply #45 - 11/08/07 at 06:28:59
Quote Print Post  
It's interesting that there are two kinds of rocks/hard botttom/structures on this lake.  1) The kind that attract fish when they are feeding and active.  And 2) those that attract fish when they are resting (in a negative mood).  

Like Smitty I have found numerous man made structures on the bottom floor - and they fall into the same two camps; some act as feeding areas, and some as rest-stops!  I'd give my eye-teeth to figure out why each one causes different results.  I'm tempted to think some structures do not attract bait fish or crayfish, only protection and a sense of security.  Whereas other spots also attract dinner.

There is one spot in 50 feet that contains a huge sunken barge - when it it is loaded with fish - forget it!  They're napping!  But if they are gone - I start fishing increasingly larger circles around the barge looking for the active cruisers.  When you find them away from the barge, they wack whatever you throw at them.  

On the other hand, there are rock piles that are bare most of the day, until the fish come a feeding!  Fish don't sleep or just hang out there - they come to chow down only.  I suspect it is the "local grocery store".  Find them there and you're into some fun fishing.  

Some of you are discovering both kinds of spots with the use of your cameras, but as I discovered years ago - seeing them ain't catching them!  In fact, the camera initially caused my catch ratio to go down, because I spent so much time trying to hook lip-locked fish schooled around a beautiful piece of structure.  Knowing the difference between the two kinds of rocks/hard botttom/structures will cause you to be a more efficient fisherman.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 11/09/07 at 01:00:17
Quote Print Post  
Man... That post is like GOLD, Rev! For those new to Lake Washington, pay attention to that post!!!

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #47 - 11/09/07 at 01:35:04
Quote Print Post  
Like you Rev, I catch less with the camera than without.  It drives me crazy to see tons of fish and come up empty.  I rarely use my camera now, but thanks for the great info.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 11/09/07 at 01:58:56
Quote Print Post  
from what i hear rev is the lake washington guru... so believe me this is oh so helpful.  i think the camera helps me see what i'm fishing say rock, sunken boat, etc.  then when i fish that area i try and visulize each cast and where my bait is in relation to the object i'm fishing. 

troy

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #49 - 11/09/07 at 02:36:24
Quote Print Post  
thank rev that will help. i think the cam kills the bite. i wish i had a recorder for my cam last weekend those fish i saw were taller then longer. so fat.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 11/11/07 at 18:26:42
Quote Print Post  
made it out on saturday for a few hours from 10:30-4ish.  ended up landing 3 and hooking 5  Undecided.  caught fish on tubes and spider grubs on points near sharp drops, got fish from 35-52ft  Shocked.  great weather and some good fishing.

troy

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #51 - 11/18/07 at 23:26:22
Quote Print Post  
Very good Troy, I'm glad to see that your figuring them out. Went out yesterday with Bree and Hose', fised from 9-2, caught 2 lost 1 on tubes, 1 at 2.lb3oz. 2nd at 2lb.13oz. Hose' missed one on a dropshot plus a couple nibbles, Bree blanked this time around. Huh  They were between 43 and 52ft. off points and gravel piles.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 11/20/07 at 07:13:07
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Chuck for the great post ! I think the best use for the camera is what your late friend Larry G told me.Use it to learn your graf( Lowrance/hummingbird)to see what your screen is telling you.That has been huge for me

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 11/22/07 at 23:39:16
Quote Print Post  
Anyone going out on Friday after Turkey day other than me and Larry S.???

Going to look for some perch.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 11/23/07 at 03:15:53
Quote Print Post  
i may be out tommorrow afernoon after i wire up the new fishfinder  Wink

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 11/23/07 at 15:42:23
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

We will look for ya. Heading out after the frost goes away. I am going to guess around 10 or so. Waiting  on Larry to get back.

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #56 - 11/23/07 at 17:04:09
Quote Print Post  
I was thinkin bout tomorrow(Saturday) myself.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 11/23/07 at 18:00:49
Quote Print Post  
Looks like more like 11:30
Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 11/24/07 at 02:01:28
Quote Print Post  
Well it took me awhile to find the perch but Larry and I finally found them in 74-89 feet. Biggest one I weighed was 1lb 5 oz. and had three over 14 ozs. Larry caught a nice slimer and a 13 oz perch, if the wind didn't blow my buoy away we would have roped more.

Thanks again Larry for a nice day on the water.
Russ

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #59 - 11/24/07 at 17:00:09
Quote Print Post  
Got out for 2hrs on thurs, 8-10, with a buddy, he stuck a nice 3.9 Cool and I hooked 2 got 1 that went 2.13. Smiley  fish were in 45-55ft. Hope to get out tomorrow, got stuff to do today. Tongue

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo