Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LK WASHINGTON (Read 28247 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: LK WASHINGTON
Reply #15 - 07/25/07 at 05:00:42
Quote Print Post  
Varmit,
  You are dead on.  Most of that property will be developed into the new Seahawk training facility.  BTW, there are no smallies in that area.  No one should be fishing there.

mark

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/25/07 at 18:16:30
Quote Print Post  
RRRRRrrrrright.... no fish in there. Shouldn't even take a boat in there, much too dangerous.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/25/07 at 20:10:01
Quote Print Post  
It's posted "NO Fishing" and there are armed guards patrolling the shoreline.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/25/07 at 22:06:01
Quote Print Post  
You actually can't even enter the East channel without a birth certificate and passport.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #19 - 07/25/07 at 22:56:23
Quote Print Post  
Don't rule out  the anti-submarine net, the P.T. boats, and the minefields. Grin Grin

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #20 - 07/25/07 at 22:58:58
Quote Print Post  
and.....the Deep Cavity Searches........................

DEEP CAVITY SEARCHES.........

Sad Shocked Cry

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #21 - 07/27/07 at 15:56:19
Quote Print Post  
My buddy Som and I hit the big lake again from 6-11pm and had a decent day.  We worked different areas again and caught fish anywhere from a pound to over 3lbs.  I had one on that that felt like a giant and it got off. Angry  Dropshot, cranks, and grubs were the weapon of choice.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #22 - 08/13/07 at 02:16:24
Quote Print Post  
Fished washington last night 730-930 Caught two small ones under i 90 and one by all the boats by bellevue way out in the middle of nothing. Tried the old lumber mill and nothing. Seemed real weedy and windy.

How is everyone else doing?

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 08/20/07 at 01:00:38
Quote Print Post  
Got a 3-8 smally this morning about 5am near Pleasure point. Only managed one more by 9 so I headed home. Hope the club that was having a tourny did better than that.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #24 - 08/20/07 at 04:03:11
Quote Print Post  
Went down to fish at Coulon for an hour this evening.  I didn't get any.  A skeeter came in and told me a tourney was going on earlier.  Hey Pat, nice pics at Sportsman Warehouse.  Didn't feel like braving the rain this morning so I went shopping.  Wink

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 08/28/07 at 00:23:40
Quote Print Post  
Hit the lake today after 4 weeks of NOT FISHING!  (Don't ask.  Seminars and going back to work after my sabbatical cramped my fishing!)  Decided not to go to my usual spots because they aren't holding anything but smaller fish this year.  And after I got out on the water, I chose to hide from the North Wind,  so I fished the Southern end of Mercer Island.  It's a steeper edge and doesn't get a lot of fishing pressure.  Unfortunately, my batteries must have not been charged properly, or there was small drain on them while it sat, because by noon I had run out of juice and had to head home.  In the mean time I found 13 fish, with 4 of them ranging from 4 lbs even to 4 lbs, 6 ozs.  I would have liked to have those four fish in a tournament!  10 of the bass came on crank baits along the weed edges in 19-24 feet of water.  The others three came on drop shot plastics, as deep as 31 feet.  Despite the North Wind, it was a beautiful day.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 08/29/07 at 01:46:59
Quote Print Post  
For smallies, find the weed edges in 18-22 feet and fish them.  If deep docks and deeper water are near by - all the better.  Trees, rocks, and stumps aren't real common, but if you find them - fish them.  Early morning and evening - use reaction baits (cranks and spinnerbaits) and faster moving plastics.  As the sun goes higher, start fishing your plastics slower.  All of what I just told you are general rules - and as usual there are exceptions to everything said.  But it's a start.

As to public holes: fish in front of where the lumber company used to be, try the columns and footings of the I-90 bridge (East channel - always holds fish), Coleman Point is great for qualities of smaller fish roaming the mud flat between the grass beds and the docks in the late evening, almost any stretch of docks near deeper water is good in the summer, and every one knows Webster Point (near the U of W campus) holds fish year around; Groat Point at the entrance to the Bellvue area can be hot or cold but always worth a shot in the morning or evening.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/03/07 at 23:37:44
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington about 5am today. Second fish in the boat was a nice 4-9 SM at about 5:50 am. Absolutely destroyed a white spinnerbait. Tore one willow leaf off and bent the wire out of the head to 90 degrees off center. Fished till 2:30 for a total of 19 SM. About half on the spinnerbait and the rest on a trolled crankbait.IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/varmints5/100_0989.jpg[/img]

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #28 - 09/04/07 at 14:05:33
Quote Print Post  
I decided to fish Lk WA on Saturday morning and was on the water with my line wet at 0615.  A scrappy two pounder hit a Pop-R on about my 4th or 5th cast and I thought the day was starting off pretty good.  One more about the same size came on a very shallow running Bandit crankbait about 15 minutes later, and then it got realy slow.  
Two hours later my next fish came on a senko in 20+ feet of water under Paul Allen's helicopter landing barge.  Fishing got progressivly worse with less bites as the day wore on.  At 11 I decided to pack it in an go home.  The NorthEnd Bassmasters had a club tournament going on and the three different boats I talked to, all stated that the fishing was very "slow".  However I stopped on the way to the launch to drop shot an area I had never fished before.  I noted several good arches on my Lowrance 332 just off the bottom.
Bang! in 22 feet I hauled in a 4 lb 9 oz smallie after a terriffic battle that really tested my 6lb Gamma flourocarbon line and the drag on my Chronarch 51 Mg.  The very next cast awarded me another 4 lb 4 0z SMB, and there were still several large arches on the bottom! Shocked  The next victim that fell to my blue scaled Powerminnow was a mere 3lb 13 oz.  After retieing my dropshot rig I cast to the spot again.  This time the hit was strong and hard and was before my weight even hit the bottom.  Another 4 lb 5 oz smallie!  All these fish came from one spot in less than 30 minutes!  After the last one there was nothing left, yet I'm not disappointed as it was easily one of my best days on that lake.  Four smb's on 6 casts for over 16 lbs with my 1/2 days total of over 18 lbs.  Thats a good day by anyones measure.
Now if I can just figure out the self timer on my digital camera.  Undecided

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 09/04/07 at 15:07:02
Quote Print Post  
VERY  ShockedNICE, Smitty.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo