Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LK WASHINGTON (Read 28240 times)
Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Re: LK WASHINGTON
Reply #90 - 02/18/08 at 03:26:59
Quote Print Post  
I didnt get to go to Lk. Washington today, fished some smaller lakes the past 2 days and have only got some trout. Hit up Black Lake, Chambers and St. Clair and all three were around 41 degrees and I didnt do so good.

-Nick

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #91 - 02/19/08 at 16:19:53
Quote Print Post  
Against my better judgement I took the boys out to Washington Monday but stayed away from the jumpers area.  Beautiful calm day.  Only one fish 50' on a dropshot a little over 2lbs.

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #92 - 02/26/08 at 01:44:37
Quote Print Post  
went out sunday again and yes i did not get anything again. these smallmouth on this lake are killing me! i camed a nice fish in 15 feet of water. fished in 15 to 50 feet of water. water temp got up to 45. then went to a new area for me and found a rock bigger then my boat. but no fish there yet. i will get these smallies on this lake sometime. i cant learn anything if im not out there.

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #93 - 02/26/08 at 03:20:05
Quote Print Post  
Okay Brian, I share your pain.  I wasn't going to post the results of my trip on Sunday, but since you admitted the skunk ... I smell too.   I fished in the 40-60ft range mostly dragging tubes and then tried rev-rigging 40-50ft.  Nada!  I don't have a camera and sometimes I'm glad I don't 'cuz it would frustrate me more.  I think I need to find more specific structure (rocks, boulders, stumps etc...).  I suppose a camera would help with that.
Anyway, you're right just keep trying...
Ray

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #94 - 02/26/08 at 03:34:30
Quote Print Post  
It is very early for fishing docks but since you "camed a fish in 15 feet" try slow rolling a spinner bait in areas like the fish was in. Four to five weeks from now the spinnerbait bite will be awesome.
I got two Sunday using the old three way rig. Both in 45 feet over gravel / small rock fields.
You are right on about not learning if you are not out there. The more you learn about Lake Washington the more you will see what an incredible smallmouth lake it is. A few years ago I dedicated most of my winter time to checking the lake out with my AquaView. The water is not real clear in the winter but you need the calm water to maintain control of the camera. I hope you have the 120 foot cable. Spend enough years doing this and you will figure out that most people are only familiar with areas to catch SM when they are active and feeding. Time on the water and the camera will eventually tell where they spend the rest of thier time. Then just go after them with lures that get reaction strikes.
See you out there....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo