Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LK WASHINGTON (Read 28242 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: LK WASHINGTON
Reply #60 - 11/24/07 at 17:49:34
Quote Print Post  
Like Russ said...a great day to be out there! Wish I could have gotten back from Chehalis earlier. Did not see the big clouds of Perch on the Lowrance but that worked well as we did see scattered small patches that seemed to hold the bigger fish. The Trout was a fiesty rascal and tried to go ballistic from 75 ft! Thanks alot Russ!  Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 11/26/07 at 00:12:18
Quote Print Post  
Well I hit Lake Wa again today for some more Perch but could only find dinks in the same depth. However,

I fished with Man w/ A View and he managed two nice smallies out of 80 feet of water.

They are going to taste good tonight.

Russ

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #62 - 11/26/07 at 02:50:51
Quote Print Post  
went out last friday.  went to a new area on the lake for me and found a big school of smallies at 35 feet. no fish in the boat that day. i can find them but cant catch them.

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #63 - 11/26/07 at 16:23:39
Quote Print Post  
Hit lake washington on Saturday got 2 fish both came out of about 40 feet of water

Thayne

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 11/27/07 at 00:02:32
Quote Print Post  
Just a quick thanks to Russell Baker for getting me out on the water yestarday. I have had a lot of negitive things going on in my life lately. It was well needed bit of therapy for me. Nothing like haulin a decent smallie out of 80 feet of water. That is about as deep as I have ever caught a smallie. I have cought spots in California from about 95 to 100 foot depths. I have never cought a smallie from much more than 60 feet or so. Thanks Russell !!!!!!!!!
Wink

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #65 - 12/08/07 at 03:09:17
Quote Print Post  
Dude, 80 ft!???, dang! My deepest has only been 69 ft. Shocked

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #66 - 12/08/07 at 03:46:01
Quote Print Post  
Had some Perch for B-fast today

and was hoping to get out to Washington in AM to re-stock but work wants me and my partner to drive a patient from No.Seattle to Boise Idaho........another 40 hours of O.T.....DARN! Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 12/08/07 at 05:09:30
Quote Print Post  
Yup,

Hitting Lake Wa tomorrow with my buddy Man w/ A View Mark Chevrier for some perch jerkin. Hope to have better luck this time.
Russ

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #68 - 12/09/07 at 15:04:19
Quote Print Post  
YES!
 I finally caught a fish on Lake Washington yesterday WITH A WITNESS!  Four trips in a row without a bite, I thought I'd lost "my touch".  As Smitty is my witness, about 2 PM yesterday (after weighing Smittys 4-3 smallie), I got a "tick" and set the hook.  What a ride it was!  I fought the fish dilligently out of 30 feet of water, 6 lb. flourocarbon, drop shot and a VERRRRY light spinning rod.  It turned left, then right, then down, then right again!  It was awesome!!!!  That CATFISH, (YES CATFISH!) gave up after realizing Ron had his number!  Oh, by the way, the 3 lb. trout about 5 minutes before that was to be Smittys dinner.  Had a great time with "Uncle Chris", Smitty and "NG" Tom (looking to buy a new Stratos).  Lake Washington 4, Ron "goose egg".  I quit!  Does anyone want to buy a complete boat, gear, rod and reel assortment, basically everything you need to start bass fishing?!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In other words, everything you need to go "CATFISHIN'" in beautiful Washington State!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #69 - 12/09/07 at 16:09:35
Quote Print Post  
I am here to say that yesterday on Lk WA I had a 1st! Smiley  I caught a very nice 4.3 smallie.  A real fatty, but not a 1st. Smiley 
I took home a large "Trout" for dinner. Smiley  Not a 1st.
I witnessed Ron catch a fish.  Certainly not a 1st Smiley.
The fish that put a considerable bow in Ron's rod was however, a 1st for me. Smiley  The 1st time I've seen a catfish caught in Lk WA.  Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #70 - 12/09/07 at 17:22:29
Quote Print Post  
Nice job on the fishing yesterday guys. wish I could have stuck around to watch but it sure was cold. Thanks for your help and the boat ride. I greatly appreciate it. Next time I will come a little more prepared. ( BRRRRRRRR)

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #71 - 12/11/07 at 01:32:20
Quote Print Post  
Couple of days ago, I was able to get some time to take the boat out for the first time since the tournament in late October.  The whole purpose was to run the boat, but since I'm already out there I decided to wet the line.  I fished in the 35-45ft range without a bite for about an hour.  Then I went back towards Coleman in the 35ft range and spotted some fish on the finder.  I dropped down my dropshot rig and after a few minutes, my rod dropped.  Unfortunately the fish wasn't hooked.  I floated around the area for the next 15 minutes with some other smaller bites, but no takers.  Then I saw a streak on my fish finder following my lure down to the bottam, and BAM!  fish on!.  I was excited to hook my first winter bass, but when I saw the fish in the surface it was a nice 3+lb trout. Huh  I netted the darn thing and went home right after that.  Still fishless in the winter on the big lake. Sad  At least I brought home some dinner. Smiley

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 12/11/07 at 16:07:56
Quote Print Post  
Ex-Prez,

Way to stick it to the brown bullhead baby!!! A truly worthy adversary. Wish I could have seen it.

Chris

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 12/11/07 at 21:25:45
Quote Print Post  
Catfish Ron,

Have I got a story for you. While fishing at a lake called Indian Canyon Reservoir down around Shasta I flipped to a stump and I felt a tick so I set the hook and the fight was on. 20 minutes later I boated a 35lb Channel Catfish that almost broke my flippin stick. The fish was nearly 4 feet long and had a mouth my head could almost fit in.

Russ

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #74 - 12/12/07 at 01:23:45
Quote Print Post  
YOUR HEAD?!!!! (that's a BIG friggin' mouth)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sticks and stones everyone, sticks and stones.  Just wait 'til April and we'll see who's called "Catfish Ron".  Merry Christmas WBC!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo