Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake Open (Read 18095 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Open
Reply #45 - 03/21/05 at 14:42:37
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget Mark Wells Russ. ???  He and his partner weighed a 6.2! Kiss  I'm not sure if he has payed his dues yet for this year, however.  He has been a member of WBC for the past several years.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 03/21/05 at 16:00:52
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

Thanks a million, Man I must be getting old or  ??? Embarrassedsomething to forget that fish. Is he actually a WBC member this year? To all teams who caught fish in this event congrats, because it was tough.
RB

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 03/21/05 at 17:30:28
Quote Print Post  
Hey Nick...don't tell us what you used in some little mud puddle to catch your 3/4lb fish.  And think we didn't try them down there.  Next time come on down, catch some fish in the same water and then tell us what you used that we didn't. Grin

Larry, I really, really apreciate the t-shirt.  In fact since it is black I will bring a black pen to the next meeting and have you autograph it for me.  Tongue

Butt, I guess catching a fish and WEIGHING IT AT THE JUDGES TABLE, when you didn't is something to remember. Grin

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 03/21/05 at 18:48:54
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

A big amen to that last statement. At least some of us wieghed fish and showed up at the weigh in stand. In fact it was sad to see one team leave without even saying goodbye. It looks as those that were talking smack are eating Crow right now. Yum , Yum, must be good. Wink Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 03/21/05 at 19:50:43
Quote Print Post  
Guys

Capital City Bass had their club tournament sunday on Silver lake. It was not much better(windy windy), 10 boats, 15 fisherman, 4 boats finished the day, only 3 bass came to the scales. 2-12in. fish and one pig 6 lb 13 oz. Those were the only bites(3) also. We had team compition and individual, with only two first place finishers no second place in either catagory. If you thought saturday was tough, you didn't see anything. The wind gust must have hit 50mph.

Daryl

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 03/21/05 at 21:23:28
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Saturday could have been a humbling experience to some. I don't think there was a special technique that worked better than others. I think it was being in more spots at the right times than anything. The techniques used are all proven winners on the lake, the fish were just so lethargic. I think they fed so good the last few weeks that they had no need to bite and burried deep in the bushes. I noticed the water was up and allowed the fish to get even deeper to inaccessible cover. There were plenty of good anglers that have done good on this lake or even won that blanked. Just one of those days....

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 03/22/05 at 01:19:00
Quote Print Post  
Still enjoyed seeing all of you there, and did get much needed pitching and flipping practice Smiley  WIth the #6 draw, in retrospect, we considerd moving off of our primary pattern of fishing the red bushes and taking a crack at fishing the rock piles, which seem to hold fish during times of severe weather changes on Silver Lake.  Something to consider the next time we face those conditions.  The weather behaved more like March than May.  Sorry to miss the weigh-in, but I took the opportunity to get back to Liz as she has not been well for sometime. 

Kirk

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 03/22/05 at 03:25:05
Quote Print Post  
Wow, Russ are you sure your a western bass member!

I've never heard someone try to smack so many members in such few posts!

Good thing that Mark your partner who caught your only fish isnt a Western bass member or he prabably would have blanked too!

I know you like talking smack but,  WOW!

I enjoyed seeing everyone at the tourney!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #53 - 03/22/05 at 04:09:42
Quote Print Post  
Hey partner,
  You don't need to tell anyone why we left early.  Funny how it must matter so much that "eating crow" must be the reason we left early.  To you Dave, don't bother.  Had a great time and enjoyed the day with Kirk.  That's why we went!  Congrats to all of you guys that caught fish.  It was definitley a tough bite!!  BTW, wasn't someone else talkin' 'bout a 17 lb. sack the weekend before?  Funny how things always seem to turn out differently, don'y you think?  Kirk, thanks for a great day on the pond.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 03/22/05 at 04:15:50
Quote Print Post  
It was still fun and I would pay my money to try again!! A day on the water with a good friend in a tournament is hard to beat, no matter what the weather does.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #55 - 03/22/05 at 04:30:34
Quote Print Post  
Rob, AGREED!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RobAllen
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 03/22/05 at 06:55:45
Quote Print Post  
Wow  now i don't feel so bad  fishing all day Thurdsay and only getting two bites!!! One of them for a 2 pounder..  52 degree water makes the fish hard to move..

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 03/22/05 at 15:32:08
Quote Print Post  
Way to go guys! It has always been and will always be for the entertainment value and the thrill of the game we have all signed up for.....the Bass will always be the focus not the competition, yet the competition is a nice side dish in this stew!

SO KEEP IT FUN!! Wink

Hence the 4 fish report! he he he he....

P.S.......for those who left early .....you all missed me cover Mark Maderos with mud as we got stuck in the fresh cut grass field! and he was still smiling!

sorry again Markie! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 03/22/05 at 16:06:23
Quote Print Post  
Who said winning isn't everything?  Bull.  I went there to WIN.  And I did.  I got a fish.  On a day like that "a fish" WAS a win.  It was really tuff with the weather and all.  And with the number of "GOOD" fishermen out there that didn't get anything (except my prizes from the drawing Larry) it was great to have caught a fish.  I feel that I was just in the right spot at the right time and there was a suicidal fish available.

I know that there were many out there that were many times my peers, Kirk, Larry, Ron, Russ and maybe Rob, just to name a few but we all paid our money and took our chances.  And I am still learning the weighs (sic) of the wiley wascal BASS.

So Kirk,  anytime you want me to take you out there and give you some pointers...Damn,  there go the drugs kicking in.

Anyway it was great to fish with the ones that showed up and to see some of the other competition around the area.

Rich

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 03/22/05 at 20:40:42
Quote Print Post  
Someone got stuck in the grass?????  Seems I recall a certain WBC event where we had not one but TWO boats stuck in front of the island at Silver.  At the time it was not too funny, but now, I cannot help but chuckle.  I was the TD and fit to be tied, becasue I could not understand where everyone was at!!  Finally the news got to me and I could not believe it.  I am laughing out loud right now, just remembering.  I also recall watching a boat beach itself at Potholes on a long sand bar.  The rig was traveling pretty slow, so no one got hurt, except for the driver, who was getting quite an earful from his passenger.  I think it was his wife or girlfriend.  I tried to help them get off, but they would not get out of the boat to help.  Sure it was a bit chilly water, and I finally told them if they did not get out and help, that I would be departing quickly as my own legs were numb, and I would call the sheriff to come and get them.  At any rate, they got out and the boat floated right off the bar.  Embarassment aside, they thanked me and we parted ways.  I can still hear that gal giving that fellow the business.

Kirk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo