Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake Open (Read 18097 times)
Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Silver Lake Open
12/15/04 at 15:56:34
Quote Print Post  
For All Interested,

The Silver Lake Open this year will be in March (19th). Capital City did not get their paper work in on time and got the leftovers. The next date they could have got was in late May. So they decided to go earlier instead of later.
This means you can also fish the Potholes Open if you can get an invite. If you would like anymore info let me know.

Daryl

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Open
Reply #1 - 12/15/04 at 16:32:43
Quote Print Post  
What are the requirements to get into this tourney?

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/15/04 at 18:31:19
Quote Print Post  
Rich...I have fished Silver Lake open three years now and it requires just a registration form and fee...I believe last year was $100.00 plus options and it is a one day tourney......March is gonna be tough but thats what we are....TOUGH!

owwww....sprained my finger!

Cry

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/15/04 at 20:10:52
Quote Print Post  
Yeah,

Thats right on the fees. I have been fortunate to fish this event in years past and have been in the money three times out of 6. Placed 2nd and two thirds in years past. And was 4th-5th other times.

Larry was right when he said this tourney is tough. You need about 10 lbs to be in the money. Now that is not much but when you have a 14" minimum, its another story. I know this lake like the back of my hand and if you want to get a bunch of guys together for it lets give it a go. Kirk Holmes has also fished this tourney as well and he might be up for it.

I'm hoping by March that I can actually flip and cast by then. Please Pray for me that I can fish with My Senkbo Surgery lately.

Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/15/04 at 22:32:33
Quote Print Post  
h-H-M-M-M-M  What now after Larry's news regarding tourneys?  I thought that Silver was mainly a LM lake.  But iffin' you cain't keep dem what cha goin away?

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/15/04 at 22:54:23
Quote Print Post  
Rich.....read it again...just on Banks and Columbia River at Wallula....thats all!

geeeezzz....kids....

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/15/04 at 23:18:45
Quote Print Post  
Horray...(Darned fine print)(darned old eyes)

Thanks, Dad Embarrassed

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/29/04 at 18:43:32
Quote Print Post  
Well, I have decided to give the Open a try.  I sent CC an email and asked for the forms, etc. but haven't gotten a reply.

So whoever is going to go maybe we can get together and talk about it.

Sure hope Russ is ambidextrous so he can lift a beer with his other arm and not screw up his Senkbo surgey.

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/29/04 at 18:52:10
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rich,

I have been doing that now for 3 weeks. Left arm is working great. Those 8 oz Curls are awesome. Right elbow is still not working yet, but more movement daily is a good thing. Yes everyone now is telling me that left arm thing should be used. Oh well, guess I am going to have to be both handed. Count me in for Silver if someone gets an entry form send me one as well.
Russ

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/29/04 at 20:27:39
Quote Print Post  
Guys

The entry forms for the Silver Lake open will not be available until about the third week in January at our club meeting. I will be sure to get a stack for WBC.

Daryl

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/29/04 at 20:55:35
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Daryl,
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/29/04 at 21:13:52
Quote Print Post  
Hey Daryl, will they have a way to enter on their website?

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/29/04 at 21:40:57
Quote Print Post  
No, But they will have the entry form on the website. You have to mail the entry form, with your money by a certain date. Don't wait until the last moment because they can only have 35 boats. Last year they had 33 I think.

Daryl

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/29/04 at 22:09:24
Quote Print Post  
Daryl.

Ya know I have never seen them fill this tourney, have you?
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/29/04 at 23:17:36
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Daryl. That's actually what I meant, printing the form from the site.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo