Normal Topic Potholes Reservoir water level (Read 5386 times)
sarge
Ex Member

Potholes Reservoir water level
04/10/07 at 22:35:05
Quote Print Post  
Hi y'all,

For those fishing Potholes over the next couple of weekends, I thought you might like to hear about the planned water management during that period. I just got off the phone with the water manager in Ephrata. Here's the deal:

Potholes is currently at 1043.5 feet. I believe full pool is 1046.5, but someone correct me if I am wrong. They just closed off the flow from Moses Lake to Potholes because it is time to fill Moses Lake up for the summer. The manager told me this is happening later than usual. So for the next 10 days or so the water will be slowly dropping in Potholes. It will lose about a foot of elevation. After April 20th, though, the flow from Moses Lake should start back up and Potholes will slowly rise. You might see some rising water during the Open, but it looks like the level will be around 1042.5 at tourney time.

We'll see this weekend, but I think that is still plenty high to get about anywhere you want in the dunes... maybe not some of those shallow bays the old timers know about. Ya, I'm talking to you, GotFive.  Wink

Chris

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Reservoir water level
Reply #1 - 04/10/07 at 23:08:31
Quote Print Post  
I don't have any of those and I don't know what you are talking about.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/10/07 at 23:23:10
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

All I need is it to be a little warmer and less windy. Would like 60's for the event and 5-10 mile an hour winds.

Yes those levels should be fine for this time of year, sounds a little lower than last year but should work.

Thanks for the update.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 04/11/07 at 01:43:51
Quote Print Post  
Yes Russ....the 60 degree temps will be warm enough to keep your tear covered face from getting cold and the 5-10 mile per hour winds will drown out the sounds of all ya'lls cryin!

ME AN BOB ARE GONNA SCHOOL YA'LL!
Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/11/07 at 02:03:59
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

We will see Big Boy. You better be working those kinks out of your flipping arms cuz you are going to need to be in tip top shape to keep up with the flippin magician. Wink

Bring it on boys cuz we are going to romp again just like we did last year. Wink Shocked Cool

May the party begin.

Russ

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/11/07 at 04:29:29
Quote Print Post  
Now Larry I don't believe I saw a tear from our boat last year. That was just water that splashed on or faces while yankin pigs out of the live well to put into our sack. That was not cryin either just hollerin cause we got us a check. Larry maybe we should get you a set of glasses and a hearing aid.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/11/07 at 15:54:55
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the info Chris. Good stuff!

Carlos

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo