Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riffe Weights? (Read 21065 times)
REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Re: Riffe Weights?
Reply #45 - 06/20/05 at 05:21:02
Quote Print Post  
Good point Ron, I didn't think about the kids. I was thinking more or members new to bass fishing but maybe it would encourage more of our kids to participate. After all, they're the future of this sport.
Either way, getting rid of the size limit for tourneys is a win-win idea I think.
Mark

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #46 - 06/20/05 at 05:26:45
Quote Print Post  
Hey yall, I am thinking a solid 12 lbs. Not to much activity on the web site, my money is that everyone is driving home.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 06/20/05 at 14:01:10
Quote Print Post  
Laugh now, Grin but if the weather doesn't take a major dump, I think it will be about 23#!

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Got 2 Small Bags
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 06/20/05 at 16:12:58
Quote Print Post  
OK guys here are the lbs for the Capital City Bass Club Tournament this past weekend. First, CCBC uses your best one day total for two days of fishing. The team division was a winning weight of 12lbs 15oz. The individual compition was 1st- 11lbs 14oz, 2nd- 9lbs 8oz, 3rd-8lbs 5oz. The big fish for day one was 3lbs 2oz, second day was 5lbs 3oz. Overall it was a good tournament and everyone caught fish.
If you have a 10 inch minimum everyone will have a 5 bass limit both days. Well maybe not, if you don't get your line wet.

Daryl

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 06/21/05 at 01:40:45
Quote Print Post  
i dont know about anybody else but iam pumped up to fish this weekend

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 06/21/05 at 01:52:50
Quote Print Post  
i got friday off and am going to stop by alder lake on the way to riffe if anybody wants to join me.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #51 - 06/21/05 at 02:17:59
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ,
  Had any thoughts about changing your total weight now that the information is "pouring" in?  BTW, that was the original subject of this thread.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 06/21/05 at 03:47:53
Quote Print Post  
If you guys that fish the T's don't like Riffe, why do you vote for it? Folks that don't fish T's shouldn't be voting on the lake choices. That's just common sense. The camping situation isn't great, but we've done it ok in the past, at both campgrounds. Don't f'get that you can always camp at Cosmos for free. Need electricity? Bring your generator... same problem at many other lakes, get used to it. Why miss out on a good lake because you are too cheap to buy a generator? One of my best memories of WBC T's is sitting around the campfire at Riffe, looking at the stars and seeing the satellites falling out of the sky. Really spectacular on a clear night.

I seem to recall running two T's at Riffe, one out of the Mossyrock launch, one out of the Cosmos launch. All I ran in Y2K were done with a 10" minimum length. I don't see a problem with that. Everybody likes to bring in fish and  everybody likes to bring in a limit. If you don't like bringing in fish under 12", you don't have to. Fish under 10" don't weigh much, and are really tough to get out of the livewell.

I think Russ is trying to spook y'all. It's a good lake if you're a 'structure fisherman', and I remember seeing Russ either place or win there. If you are a flipper or a dock skipper, you'll have to adapt. Fish rocks and structure. Stay out of those calm bays. Look for eddies, inflowing water, and slides at the ends of bluffs. I would be prepared to fish dropshot, splitshot, and unweighted plastics, crankbaits,  jerkbaits and spinnerbaits.

A good graph and some extra marker buoy's should come in handy. A drift sock could also be useful.  REMEMBER, always anchor the bow of the boat, NOT the stern. Same for a drift sock. Plan on an East wind in the Morning, switching to a Westerly wind in late morning. The calm during the switch will be really boring. Take a nap.

If you're bored before  launching or after coming off the water, ask Larry if you can help him in any way.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 06/21/05 at 23:03:10
Quote Print Post  
Ron,

Nope going to stick with it. Have seen way to many T's fished there that won it with less than 12lbs. Steve makes some good points, yes I won it in 2000 by just under 12lbs. Still hate that lake - yes I have had some days where I have caught over 17lbs on it in one day, but I have also had more days than I can count where you only caught two or none at all. Not my kind of lake because my strengths are else where, so why fish to your weakness. I hope you guys all have a great time and I mean that, just because I haven't figured it out doesn't for one minute mean that someone else can't.

As I have said before I won the 2000 event due to the wind. When the wind blows from the west get on that flat at the east end and you should absolutely smoke them. Drop shot/carolina rig was how I won the event fishing points and humps on that flat. If you find the hump on that flat and they are there watch out for the guys who finds it because it was great for me.
Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #54 - 06/22/05 at 03:51:16
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Not my kind of lake because my strengths are else where, so why fish to your weakness. I hope you guys all have a great time and I mean that, just because I haven't figured it out doesn't for one minute mean that someone else can't.

Well said, Russ!  I don't mind going to tough lakes to stretch my abilities and to learn, but not during a tournament when it counts.

Keri and I are headed for Potholes this weekend for big largies and warm weather!  Grin

Steve - who said I voted for this lake??  Why would I vote for a lake I didn't want to fish a tournament on?  Duh!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 06/22/05 at 04:59:41
Quote Print Post  
I personally do not hate any lake but rather hate the way I fish some lakes.....when I get on a tough lake like Riffe I have a tendency like alot of anglers to get impatient and run and gun all over the place knowing darn well that it is gonna be a slow approach to this particular pattern so if I hate anything it is my lack of discipline and will continue to vote for tough lakes that challenge me.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #56 - 06/22/05 at 13:52:30
Quote Print Post  
Bravo Larry,
  We are all under the same sky, on the same lake.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 06/22/05 at 21:08:36
Quote Print Post  
Steve,

I didn't vote for it either, Hello??? I am going to Roosevelt to have a 100 fish day. Can't beat that- 2lb average.
Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 06/22/05 at 22:35:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ,
At Roosevelt do you mean a 2lb average for 100 fish or for your five largest. Alls I know is that out of all our great anglers in this club only Wolsky brought in a big with a 2 plus pound average.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 06/22/05 at 23:43:21
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

No that would be each fish with a 2lb average. Fished the lake last year in early July with a client for a day and a half and that was our actual average per fish. Not going to mention what we used either. Jack & jill is too close for that.
Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo