Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riffe Weights? (Read 21066 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Riffe Weights?
Reply #30 - 06/15/05 at 23:02:17
Quote Print Post  
Maderos,

You are the man. Still laughing after that one. My real guess is , are you folks sitting down, 10lbs. Or is that 8lbs??? 10" limits "Whoooohooo". Maybe next year for me, Noooooooo Way.
RB

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 06/15/05 at 23:04:07
Quote Print Post  
The problem with PetSmart is the catching fee they charge you for having the GED clerk catch the little guppy for you.  By the time I figure that into the price and having to get a fish tank, going to riffe will be cheaper anyways.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 06/15/05 at 23:51:52
Quote Print Post  
hey mark or anyone for that matter i have a electricy site and if we can fit two rigs in the area i wouldnt mind sharing.  i have a 12 volt and cant go two days in a row in that wind.  probably gonna get a wind sock too.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #33 - 06/16/05 at 00:39:13
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
It's a points tournament, not a Jack and Jill. Let's try to keep the same standards for our points tournies.

It wouldn't be the first time we've had a 10" limit on that lake for a points tournament.  Larry isn't introducing anything new here that hasn't already been done before.  

Give him a break, he's already got a tough job to do.  

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #34 - 06/16/05 at 00:46:15
Quote Print Post  
NW Bass doesn't impose a size limit on their tourneys and I don't think it is wussing out.  Someone always figures the fish 
out.  In fact someone at Tri-cities brought in 3.78 lbs for 5 fish.  Points are points right? Grin

Plus the weigh-ins go faster because that eliminates one more element for the TD to take care of.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 06/16/05 at 01:28:36
Quote Print Post  
NW Bass doesn't impose a size limit? Wow I did not know that.

We are just busting Larry's chops a bit. 10 inches is definitely good for me. I could use all the help.

This actually has been a funny thread and it is all in humor. 

Here's my plan:

Bring float tube.....beach boat and walk into Swofford pond. Catch big largemouth. Go back to boat. Weigh them in. Kick the crap out of everyone. Get DQ'd for an illegal tournament move. Loose the tournament, but say I still had the biggest weight.....Won't waste batteries either..... Grin

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #36 - 06/16/05 at 01:29:43
Quote Print Post  
Gang,
  One things for sure, opinions VARY!  Being a points tournament, I like to hear how many of you are volunteering to "no show"!  Odds get better for those of us that see a lake, know there's bass in it and show up!  As far as the size limit, 5 fish is 5 fish is 5 fish!  I support the size limit reduction only because, the rules are the same for everyone and after seeing how excited STU was after getting his first tournament limit, isn't that a good 'nough reason alone?
  History, several years ago, Phil and I fished the Oct. team tourney on Riffe.  Phil shut down the big motor in over 100' of water, dropped the trolling motor in the water and grabbed A FLOATING RAPALA!!!!!!  First thought was, what the @^(#?  I said, "Phil what are you doing"?  He said "trust me"!  Gang, honest to God, he caught a 3 lb. smallie on his second cast!  We won the tournament not with 10 lbs. but by 10 lbs!
  Moral of the story, try different things, if a spinnerbait doesn't work the first hour, put it away and try something completely different!  Faz, this is your chance, 10 rods, changing baits every 10 minutes until you find "that bait" will help here.  Lastly, location, location, location!  The whole lake looks fishy, but it's not!  What in a deep reservior holds fish?  Pull out those BASSMASTERS!  What you've read, is TRUE!  Hint #2, Riffe is the only lake I carry an anchor on, and I use it!  May blank in the tournament, but I'm still going to do my best!  Good luck to all! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #37 - 06/16/05 at 03:41:26
Quote Print Post  
LMAO!  I think ron wins the "Most Egregious Use of Exlamation Points" award (21).   Grin

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 06/16/05 at 04:47:50
Quote Print Post  
Damn Rob you were reading my mind.  Of course I am going to one up you on this one.  I have been build a secret ramp so that I can hit it with my boat at 55mph and launch myself into and out of Swofford's pond.  That way I don't get DQ'd....  For a fee I will let you use it.  Ha Ha  Shocked  Come on guys I really don't hate Riffe that much.... It's just me being a little bored.

Mark

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 06/16/05 at 05:16:11
Quote Print Post  
I think you have more time on your hands than you think Glenn.... Wink

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 06/16/05 at 05:19:07
Quote Print Post  
Glenn you got the legal drinking age and the number of exlamation points mixed up. Jeez people these days.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #41 - 06/16/05 at 05:29:21
Quote Print Post  
WHAT DO YOU MEAN GLENN? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 06/16/05 at 16:02:02
Quote Print Post  
Ok Rob I thought we had an agreement on the float tube thing. Now you go telling everyone about our secret plan. Well there goes the tournament. Wait a minute if we hit Silver on Friday and just put the Largies in a cooler instead of the livewell we might just get big fish and 1st and 2nd in the Tourney. 8) Larry doesn't check coolers does he? Grin

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 06/19/05 at 07:00:40
Quote Print Post  
I'd like to see us get rid of the size limit all together. More folks could weigh a limit plus it takes away the chore of measuring short fish and disposing of them.
Mark

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #44 - 06/19/05 at 17:53:55
Quote Print Post  
Mark,
  I agree to your point.  I fished a season with Potholes Bass Club a few years ago.  They don't have a size limit in their tournaments and it makes it alot more fun for everyone, including the kids.  Connor and I fished their team tournament on Roosevelt in July and took 6th place with a 6 fish limit weighing just under 6 lbs.  We had 1 12" fish.  The rest were less.  Connor had a great time because " every hit" was a "keeper".  We, as a club with a permit, have the right to do any size we want.  I like your idea! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo