Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riffe Weights? (Read 21064 times)
Nick
Ex Member

Re: Riffe Weights?
Reply #15 - 06/15/05 at 01:42:17
Quote Print Post  
From what I've learned some one always finds the fish so I'm right in their with 18lbs 2oz. I know that might seem heavy to some of you but that's what it should take. It can't be a bigger dink fest than roosevelt. Remember from the sounds of it the talent in the club has gotten better since the last Riffe tourney. I'm looking forward to it. Should be challenging and that's what will make us all better anglers. To bad this lake fishes to small for you Russ. Wish you were going to be there.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/15/05 at 02:32:46
Quote Print Post  
well puyallup hawg hunters had one here last july 11th and for one day it took like 13lbs.  So it is possibel to catch em'.  At least that is what i keep telling myself.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #17 - 06/15/05 at 04:46:00
Quote Print Post  
Guys,
  GREAT POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE!!!!!  You have all been talking to Chris, Kirk and the others that show up and expect to do bad!  Come on!  We have always had a few guys surprise the rest of the field.  How 'bout Larry at Duck for the April draw, beat the whole field by, what was it, 10+ pounds?!!  Someone will find them and it could be you, if you show up with enthusiasm!!!!  My guess for the winning weight, I'm going to lean up there with Nick around the 18 pound mark.  You watch, it'll happen (to the guy that makes it happen)!  Good luck to all that show!  You bet I'll be there!  I'm one of the few that love that lake!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/15/05 at 05:53:23
Quote Print Post  
I will fish as hard as I can, but I think I'm less enthusiastic and hope to get surprised, rather then be all pumped and get let down and pissed off again.

In the 3 days I have spent on the lake, I have yet to catch a 12 inch fish.....

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 06/15/05 at 13:44:57
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Rob that's what I'm talking about.  Quality Riffe lake fishing....  As for dink fest, yeah it's worse than Roosevelt.  At least at Roosevelt you can catch 50 dinks a day.  Your lucky to stick 5 dinks a day at Riffe   Shocked Roll Eyes Grin 8) Lips Sealed  In all seriosnous Ron, I am just having fun here.  No I don't like the lake, it does fish small,  can blow like a bitch, and the campground was full 3 months ago.  But it is fishing, it is a tourney, and it is tough for everyone.  All in all it will be a great time.

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/15/05 at 14:46:01
Quote Print Post  
As per past history with this lake I am lowering the size limit to 10 inches.......yes it is possible to get a 3-1/2 pound limit!
As for Riffe fishing tough.......we are a D@## Good bass club and should be selecting these tough lakes to increase the challenge.....with that said....if I should Skunk.....remind me I said that! Tongue

IP Logged

Got 2 Small Bags
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/15/05 at 14:53:08
Quote Print Post  
You guys need to quit being so negative. It's just like fishing anywhere else. You just need to figure out the fish and use the same tactics you would use on a new body of water.

Last year at the Capital City Bass Tournament there were 4 bags in double digits out of 9 or 10 boats. They take your best one day total of two days of fishing. I won the tournament with a one day total of 13 + lbs, 2nd 11 +lbs, 3rd and 4th were 10 +lbs. There are good fish in this lake and I have caught them in the past. So use the skills you've learned in previous tournaments and apply them.

Daryl

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/15/05 at 15:09:15
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

Yawn,Yawn,Yawn and that was during the spawn right. I'm with Maderos on this one , he couldn't have said it any better. Riffe bites and probably allways will. Yes we have all had our good days on Riffe-lets see one out of 5-6 times, what an average, lousy camping-exception being the Mossyrock campground. I would rather go to Roosevelt, atleast you can get a limit of actual 12-15" fish there. It might take 20 out of a 100 but I will take those odds any day.
My .02
RB

IP Logged

Got 2 Small Bags
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/15/05 at 15:15:03
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Russ,

It was in July of last year. Good try though. Keep crying that same old song. I've fished this lake a couple times a year for the past 4 years and never really had a bad day on the lake.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 06/15/05 at 15:28:47
Quote Print Post  
I kinda agree with all of you..

Mark, Russ, myself...yeah it sucks...fishes small..yata yata

Daryl....you are right. Even though I think it sucks, there are fish to be caught and they can be. It just isn't going to be as fun as other lakes.

Larry...I see where the 10 inch limit makes it more fun for people, so they can weigh more fish (family club theory). But I also thinks it shows that we as a club are wuss'in out from the lake.

It's still a tournament. A WBC event with great peoples. And I wouldn't miss it.

My 2 Rubles
« Last Edit: 06/15/05 at 17:53:13 by »  

IP Logged

Got 2 Small Bags
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 06/15/05 at 15:41:05
Quote Print Post  
Great point Rob. It's a points tournament, not a Jack and Jill. Let's try to keep the same standards for our points tournies.

No offense Larry, I see your point also.

Daryl

Rob, I think thats Rubles?

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 06/15/05 at 15:49:44
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

No offense to you or anybody. I hope you all can prove me wrong. That lake just puzzles me to no end. I guess you can say I just haven't figured it out yet. More power to the guy who does figure it out.
Have a great time and rope em will ya.
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 06/15/05 at 18:56:02
Quote Print Post  
If I lived closer, I would be there.  Sure, It ain't my favorite at all, but if circumstances allowed, I would be there, cause it is all about the club.....

Kirk

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/15/05 at 21:55:16
Quote Print Post  
Finally common sense prevails..    10 " size limit..... is there no end to this madness    Grin Tongue Roll Eyes  Just kidding everyone.  I am right there with all of you on fishing tough lakes and tough conditions.....  Everyone has to fish the same water.... 

My real prediction for the winning weight,,,,  now let's see a 10" male smallie will weigh 11oz... times 5, subtract the 4oz dead fish penalty  ( remember, hot June day, windy, waves = dead fish)  so that means 7oz times 5 equals 35ozs.....  just over 2lbs 3 ozs for a tourney limit Grin Cheesy Wink   times two days.  Oooppsss almost forgot.  Can't fish two days in a row there.  The wind will have drained are trolling motor batteries and with no campground spot to hook up to I will have to anchor for day two...  Now let see, Larry realizing the errors of his way will reduce the size limit to 4".  And yes I have caught a 4" smallie there.  He wouldn't let go of the 4 " senko.  So a 4" smallie weighs 2.5 ozs - the dead fish penalty of 4 ozs  that makes for a -1.5 oz per fish bringing the grand total to.....2lb 3ozs - 7.5oz  equals a winning weight of 1lb 11.5 ozs  if my figuring is correct.   Grin

Having fun with this one
mark

IP Logged

Got 2 Small Bags
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 06/15/05 at 22:32:20
Quote Print Post  
Mark(my brother from another mother)

Go to Pet Smart and catch fish, it will be easier for you. I think they can also weigh your fish for you. Plus you'll save on gas and camping. You can call in your weight on Sunday during weigh-in. If you need help finding fish I will Google Pet Smart for you and get you driving directions. No math at all, but it all adds up.

Love,

Daryl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo