Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Post spawn Samamish (Read 11616 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Post spawn Samamish
06/10/05 at 14:17:51
Quote Print Post  
Hit Samamish yesterday for a few hours and found your very typical post spawn pattern for the Big Sam....  I did manage to get one largie on a bed to go though.  all the smallies (7) came out of the 10-20 ft range on a variety of baits dropshotting.  I suppose a jig would have worked just as well.  But I stuck with dropshotting and used a variety of new baits and fished new area's.

Mark

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Re: Post spawn Samamish
Reply #1 - 06/11/05 at 04:17:22
Quote Print Post  
Looked like a pretty successful day.  I have yet to catch a bass from that lake. Angry

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/11/05 at 04:46:44
Quote Print Post  
Mr.Mark, When were you there? I was there everyday this week. I did not see you. I get there around 4 and fish till 8. Were you in a Ranger this time? That is the only guy I saw.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/12/05 at 23:26:13
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mike,
  I fished from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm.  Kids were in school at that time.  That's my normal fishing time for Sam and Wash with the kids in school.  Not a lot of time to fish or prime time either, but Sam is so productive and easy to fish. 

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/13/05 at 05:25:25
Quote Print Post  
I was out on Lake washington today.  I did pretty well, fished from noon til about 6:30.  I caught a 17 inch 2.2lb and 3 - 18 inchers, 2.9-3.3 lbers.  One was caught on a senko, two on dropshot and one on a spinnerbait.  

Chris

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/14/05 at 13:41:08
Quote Print Post  
Well, into the summer time mode of fishing Sam and Wash.  Hit Sam again yesterday.  What a windy day.  Started off in a new area exploring.  Found a few really nice docks that produced some fish.  Started throwing a small grub on a "sled head" jig and got two quick fish.  My buddy, throwing a drop shot asked if he could tie one on.  " Sure I said, let me throw the drop shot then".  Two more fish quickly in the boat and still no fish for Derek.  Sorry buddy, I really did want you to get one.  Moved to the spot where I dumped the 4+lb fish from Thursday and what do you know,  I call my shot with Derek.  Badda boom Badda bing.  Fish on  a 4lb smallie ripping drag.  Get the net.  Finally get the fish to the boat and Derek is getting ready to net her and she shook her head and busted me off.  Don't know if it is the same one from Thursday, but either way a really nice fish.  With the wind howling, it made it impossible to really fish productively.  Final score Mark 6 fish hooked 5 landed for 10 lbs , Derek 0....  Don't worry Derek I won't tell anyone.

Mark

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/19/05 at 19:22:22
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys,

Bob Payseno took me out on Sammamish yesterday...fished from 1 to 9 PM. Caught probably 25 between the 2 of us. Bob caught one nice 3 lb largie flipping a jig in the pads, and the rest were smallies in 15-20. We drophotted most, but I was pleased to catch a few fish deep cranking....finally, summer has arrived. Our 2 biggest smallies were 3 lbs, and a few around 2 lbs....and of course, many dinks. The big story of the day was what I hooked up with but did not catch. Dropshotting a hump, I laid into what I thought was a log. Trying to free the snag, we circled the spot, that seemed to be a moving. Then the log came to life. It peeled off half my spool in about 10 seconds and then broke off. The only other time I've had a fish run like that was when I hooked up with a big King on the Cowlitz.  After talking to Sarge, we suspect it might have been an early arriving King. The only other thing that came to mind was a sturgeon, but I've caught them, and I don't think they could swim that fast. It was an awesome experience. By the amount of commotion we were creating, you would have thought we had just caught the state record smallie. I guess we'll never know how big it really was. Thanks for putting me on those fish Bob. Looking forward to Riffe.

Tight Lines,
Danny

« Last Edit: 06/20/05 at 02:02:38 by »  

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/19/05 at 23:34:50
Quote Print Post  
I just got back from fishing Samammish.  First time in my new boat.  I had no clue where to go Tongue  I ran around alot and fished mostly docks.  Caught maybe 4-5 dinks.  I threw a yum dinger near some isolated lily pads and saw a fish turn sideways on it.  No hookup.  Come to find out this Largemouth was spawning.  I fished for it at least an hour, I'm guessing 1 1/2 hours haha, what else could I have done Grin.  I was about to give up and I felt a tick when I wasn't paying attention.  Got it to the boat and it went 3.9 lb on my scale.http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d838b3127cce921c19382ec000000016108CZN3Ld...

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/19/05 at 23:45:15
Quote Print Post  
Nice job Chris!!! Great looking fish!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/20/05 at 01:24:54
Quote Print Post  
Chris,  good thing you got L-O-N-G arms.  Good job ...fish and picture.

Rich

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/20/05 at 01:35:42
Quote Print Post  
hey chris, I heard that story earlier today! i'm the guy that pulled up next to you at the dock. I had a decent day, 6 fish biggest right at 4# the rest 2s and 3s, all smallies. mine were off of docks. Got into a bit of a debate with a homeowner that wanted me to keep the 4#er because "those mean fish eat up all the baby salmon". I laughed and tossed it in her direction. Jack

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/20/05 at 02:58:04
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
hey chris, I heard that story earlier today! i'm the guy that pulled up next to you at the dock. I had a decent day, 6 fish biggest right at 4# the rest 2s and 3s, all smallies. mine were off of docks. Got into a bit of a debate with a homeowner that wanted me to keep the 4#er because "those mean fish eat up all the baby salmon". I laughed and tossed it in her direction. Jack

HAHA, thats cool man.  Do you come to any of our meetings?  Sounds like you had a great day.  I was hitting docks until I found the spawner.  I hope they keep on eating, those little dink smallies look healthy.  Nice little Nitro you got.  Hope to see you out there again.

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/20/05 at 04:44:46
Quote Print Post  
new to club only few months. get there when I can, I have an 18 month old little girl so its hard. live in west seattle, so sammamish is close and not to big for the nitro. Nice boat yourself.

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #13 - 06/20/05 at 05:13:55
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris way to take your time. Good fish, maybe I'll see ya Riffe.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/20/05 at 06:05:48
Quote Print Post  
I'm not going to Riffe  Embarrassed  I might be going to Roosevelt with some work buddys, but I'm not sure yet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo