Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) October 10/11 Lake Washington team/fish-off (Read 23309 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: October 10/11 Lake Washington team/fish-off
Reply #15 - 09/29/15 at 05:45:53
Quote Print Post  
Until I get confirmation my boat is going to cooperate put someone else in our spot.. I can idle right now but might be better suited for the Club team tourney rather than the fish-off.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #16 - 09/29/15 at 17:53:43
Quote Print Post  
Elway4lyfe wrote on 09/26/15 at 13:57:24:
Let's kick some a$$ regardless of who gets into that fish off! They said at Whatcom, it's encouraged to text or call team members to try and help each other out. Just a heads up.

So if you're just in the WBC tournament and not one of the 5 teams, you're at a distinct disadvantage?  Perhaps you should limit the WBC tournament to 5 teams in order to ensure fairness.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

bradpjohnson
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #17 - 09/29/15 at 19:55:59
Quote Print Post  
I was going to have my dad as my backseat but he had to go into the hospital today.  He is having a bone marrow test done on Thursday.  I do not think he is going to be able to make it.  If someone else want it let me know.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #18 - 09/29/15 at 21:05:14
Quote Print Post  
Hope everything goes well.

IP Logged

bradpjohnson
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #19 - 09/30/15 at 10:00:00
Quote Print Post  
Ray is going to fish with me.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #20 - 09/30/15 at 14:20:47
Quote Print Post  
Larry and Jose you are both very good fisherman and I have only been on the lake once in the past 25 years so even with a bad motor I would say you should go before me and Mike or if it comes to us four I would let you use my boat and trade for Saturday then go back to our own boat on Sunday. But whatever works for the club I'm in.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #21 - 09/30/15 at 14:24:05
Quote Print Post  
Glenn_May wrote on 09/29/15 at 17:53:43:
Elway4lyfe wrote on 09/26/15 at 13:57:24:
Let's kick some a$$ regardless of who gets into that fish off! They said at Whatcom, it's encouraged to text or call team members to try and help each other out. Just a heads up.

So if you're just in the WBC tournament and not one of the 5 teams, you're at a distinct disadvantage?  Perhaps you should limit the WBC tournament to 5 teams in order to ensure fairness.

I didn't think about that. It's just a one-day for the Fischhoff contacting each other via phone probably isn't necessary anyways

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/30/15 at 20:44:42
Quote Print Post  
Everyone,

Wanted to let everyone know that we will be pulling our 5 teams/boats with 10 anglers together based on the 2015 Angler of the Year points standings.  We will start with the top 10 anglers for the year, and depending on who wants to participate, work our way down the list until we come up with the clubs 10 anglers that want to participate in the fish-off.

Either Terry or I will post the AOY points standings tomorrow.

Everyone that is thinking of fishing the Club Fish Off should read PJ Koshi's posting on WAFISH regarding the Club Fish Off rules.

http://www.wafish.com/group/tournaments/forum/topics/2015-club-fish-off

IP Logged

bradpjohnson
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #23 - 10/01/15 at 09:02:34
Quote Print Post  
I am going to fish it if I'm part of the ten man team or not.  My only thought is this.  I'm assuming the top ten anglers are paired up and fish together.  If this is correct, it seems to me that will limit the participation for the western tournament.  I know there were some that wanted to fish and don't have boats.  I have a feeling a majority of the top ten anglers all own boats.  I think the question is do we want club participation or to win the fish off?  Like I said it does not matter to me either way and I'm good with whatever you decide.  Just thought I would throw that out there.

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #24 - 10/01/15 at 11:58:52
Quote Print Post  
I'm available as a back seat if needed for the 5 boat team, otherwise I'll likely attend with my boat in need of a back seater.

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #25 - 10/02/15 at 05:58:38
Quote Print Post  
What happened to the WBC October Team Tournament? What if those that want to participate (WBC members) are not in the Top 10?  Are they able to fish it with a different prize to capture if they win that portion of the tourney and are not a part of the whole "top 10 group"? Can we hold a "non top 10" tourney under the same permit?

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 10/02/15 at 06:26:06
Quote Print Post  
Everyone,

I made some phone calls last night trying to firm up who's interested in fishing the club fish-off and here is what I've got.   

The status of Larry's boat is the big question mark at this point and that is something that will be decided next week. 

Regardless of whether you are one of the 5 boats participating in the Club Fish-off, we are still having our club tournament that weekend, so I hope to see everyone out there fishing.

The guys that want to fish in the Fish-off and are not on a team should talk with each other and see if they can get paired  up.

This list is based off the AOY points standings and does not include all members.

These teams are not written in stone and people can still make changes if they want to, just post on the site so we know what  changes are being made.

By the end of next week this should all be straightened out and in the end, I think we'll all be on the water having a good time.

WBC Members      AOY Ranking      Status for Club Fish-off
Brad Johnson               1                       Yes - Team 4
Karl Kramer                 2                       Yes - Team 5
Mike Remmey               3                       Yes - Team 3
Jason Crandall               4                       Yes - Team 5
Carl Sabin                    5 - Tie               Yes - Team 3
Rocky Beeman Sr.      5 - Tie               Yes - Team 2
Rocky Beeman Jr.          7                       Yes - Team 2
Phil Hudgens                8                       No
Derik Monaghan             9                       Yes
Jose M. Gomez-Elegido10                       Yes - Team 1 if Larry's                        boat fixed
Larry Sullivan              11                       Yes - Team 1 if Larry's boat fixed
Dan Caffrey                   12                        Undecided
Ron Hankinson              13 - Tie                No
Terry Steffensen              13 - Tie                No
Don Hankinson              15                        Yes
Rodney Heupel              16                        No
Steve Crandall              17                        Yes, if we need another angler
Darren Thomas              18                        Yes, If we need another angler
Jim Owens                                              Yes
Ray Kawabata                                      Yes - Team 4

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 10/02/15 at 06:33:57
Quote Print Post  
Don,

We are still holding our tournament that weekend.

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #28 - 10/02/15 at 08:20:39
Quote Print Post  
Karl, count me out of the "fish off". I will however be doing the WBC side of it.

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 10/02/15 at 09:57:54
Quote Print Post  
Dan Caffrey said he can't make the Club Fish-off.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo