Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What 3 things...... (Read 6066 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

What 3 things......
02/17/12 at 19:14:59
Quote Print Post  
What 3 things with be your focus points for this year....every angler has a process.....a process of self inprovement, self enrichment and even Zen acquisition. So lets hear them....what 3 things are you going to use to enhance your fishing for this season? heres mine....
1). Health...losing weight, got the dental things in check and overall preventive maintenance done.
2). Boat and trailer are getting tuned up..bearings re-packed, found a caliper issue and at Limit Out for repairs and ordering new trolling motor for this season.
3). Soft Plastics Re-Visited: had alot of great history with texas rigs, carolina rigs and weightless jerk baits...gonna enhance them to current lines...ie braids and flourocarbons, and  study alot more on their applications.

So...you thought I was gonna throw in some Alabama Rig ideas, maybe a deep diving cranking focus or a wind up spinnerbait but in reality the mental assist you get from ensuring that YOU and YOUR EQUIPMENT are 100% can be the thing that brings up your confidence the most.
Looking forward to hearing some of your ideas!!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: What 3 things......
Reply #1 - 02/18/12 at 01:43:42
Quote Print Post  
1.  For one I've changed my mainline on my spinning outfits to braid to assist in line twist and sensitivity. 
2.  For faster!  I'm a soft plastics bait guy to the core, but sometimes that really hinders me IMO.
3.  Fish out of my comfort zone.  I want to step up this year and test my abilities on a larger stage.  I love the relaxed feel of a WBC event, but I'm a competitive guy and I want to see where I stand with some of the bigger sticks.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 02/18/12 at 06:02:06
Quote Print Post  
Geeze Larry, we're like twins...

1.  Health: eating better and exercising more.  Did the dental thing (during 3, 3-hr visits!), and the doctor thing (I won't go into the gory details!), so now it's just taking better care of myself.

2. Boat & Trailer: At Limit Out getting routine servicing and check up right now.  I'll be adding an HDS Gen2 8 at the bow and an HDS Gen2 10 at the console after that (thanks for the birthday gift Keri!).  I'm getting Power-Poles too, just don't know when yet.

3.  Upgrading several rods and reels to much more lighter and efficient gear; moving everything to braid or fluorocarbon with tungsten weights; finally investing in some quality rod sleeves and culling systems.

Notice I didn't say "buy more lures". LOL!  No, it's all about the mental side of things this year - making sure everything is working right or better, and eliminating those little annoying things I've been putting up with for so many years.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #3 - 02/18/12 at 17:11:26
Quote Print Post  
1.  Fishing some different water than I am comfortable with to try and force me to fish the day and not my memory.

2.  Upgrade some aging rods/reels that have performed well but are at the end of their lifespan.

3.  Attempt to become a better flipper.  Everyone has strengths and weakness'.  IMO this is a weakness for me as I didn't grow up flipping, more power-fishing (cranks, spinnerbaits, etc), and now with the clear water I tend to fish, I don't do a lot of hardcore flipping.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 02/20/12 at 18:56:42
Quote Print Post  
1.  Actually go fishing
2.  Actually go fishing

And most importantly

3.  Actually go fishing

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Reply #5 - 02/20/12 at 21:41:51
Quote Print Post  
1.   Make more money so I can actually go fishing more.
2.   Build better relationships with more boaters so I can go fishing more.
3.   Actually go fishing more

Jeff Iacchei

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/20/12 at 23:41:06
Quote Print Post  
Copy Cat!!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/21/12 at 01:11:38
Quote Print Post  
Just 3 things now thats tuff:

1) Build a stronger Bass Federation - TBF
2) Swim Baits - Use at every tournament
3) Build the best Bass Boat Dealer/Bass Tackle Shop in the State.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #8 - 02/21/12 at 05:50:53
Quote Print Post  
1. Take the steps required to slow the ageing process and increase healing time! Improve mental and physical health.
2. Fish more jigs!
3. Earn a comission from Russ, for making Jeff a proud Phoenix boat owner!

(Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad?}

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/21/12 at 19:43:08
Quote Print Post  
Rodney,

We can work that out!!

Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 02/22/12 at 03:45:03
Quote Print Post  
1) Electronics- Learn the in and out's of all my electronics.
2) Build confidence in my finesse smallie fishing.
3) Learn as much as I can from my boaters on the Bass Federation Nation and TBF circuits.

Win a tournament this year. Whether it be club level or an open, or TBF or BFN. I'd just like to get a win to help build confidence for the next season.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/23/12 at 02:06:21
Quote Print Post  
Good call on the electronics Nick.  I've spent tons of time starring at mine and probably haven't scatched the surface yet.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/23/12 at 04:07:23
Quote Print Post  
Can't say enough about Troy's number three. If you fish out of your comfort zone you will cash a lot more checks, catch bigger fish, and have more consistent limits.

Russ

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #13 - 02/23/12 at 17:39:38
Quote Print Post  
#1 fish have fun Repeat

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

LunkerCity14
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #14 - 02/23/12 at 19:55:26
Quote Print Post  
1. Fish a bare minimum of 5 days a week...
2. Catch as many lunkers as humanly possible...
3. Try to look good while doing it...  Cool

Real list...
1. Focus on power fishing: crankbaits and spinnerbaits mostly due to the fact that I am obsessed with drop-shotting.
2. Master the new medium-heavy baitcast set-up I will be purchasing for my birthday on April 10, any recommendations?
3. Learn as much from the WBC guys as I can (also get an ambassador) and fish with them as much as possible exploring the state/ different lakes.

Alex Lubov

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo