Normal Topic Columbia below Chelan? (Read 3755 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Columbia below Chelan?
09/15/08 at 04:39:08
Quote Print Post  
Is there decent bass fishing on the Columbia down below Chelan? Heard there might be, but not sure.

Stu

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Columbia below Chelan?
Reply #1 - 09/15/08 at 14:05:40
Quote Print Post  
Don't fish there, expecially where the chelan river rolls into the columbia. Wink

Fishin is pretty darn good right at the Beebe Bridge on hwy 97.  Only place I fished, but it was REAL good.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/16/08 at 01:01:42
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

It is excellent below Chelan all the way past the wannapum pool. Crescent Bar, Rufus Woods, vantage, etc is awesome. In fact we should hold an event on Rufus Woods. Ken Kernan from Potholes Bass club said they had a club event there and he said it took some 25lbs to win the event.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/16/08 at 04:08:07
Quote Print Post  
i for one would love to have a tourney there.  dj was talking about it at the frostbite and it sounds phenomanal. what time of year was their tourney russ?

troy

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/16/08 at 04:55:21
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, guys.  I know Kirk would never tell me to do the opposite of what he said - or would he? Roll Eyes

Kirk: Which launch did you use?

If I get on the water there, I'll let you know how it goes.

Stu

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/16/08 at 14:44:42
Quote Print Post  
At the park just downstream of the Chelan River confluence, below the Beebe Bridge on the west side of the river.  Real nice launch, and to be clear, fishing is real good right in that general area.  Lots of current and eddys.

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/17/08 at 00:51:02
Quote Print Post  
The Columbia from Chief Joseph Dam and down is awesome.  Chelan Falls area is really good.  The upper stretch of Lake Pateros from the Okanagon river (which is awesome by itself) up to the Bridgeport is awesome.  I fished a 1 day tournament up there this summer and there was 2 19+lbs bags.  I grew up in Bridgeport, and I grew up fishing Rufus Woods.  In all of those years fishing it, I never caught a single smallmouth there.  I was talking to Rod Hammonds, who is a river guide up there and he said there is a decent population up towards Grand Coulee dam on the upper part of that stretch, but it isn't worth a dang down further.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/17/08 at 01:40:56
Quote Print Post  
I've caught good largies in the Brewster pool and up the Okanogan, but only caught smallies around Chelan Falls.  It is a real nice fishery that is in relative terms, untouched.  Gotta like that.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/17/08 at 02:35:31
Quote Print Post  
Thanks again fellers. I hope to put your advice to good use.

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo