Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) June Fish-In (Read 11145 times)
2000subaru
Ex Member

Re: June Fish-In
Reply #15 - 06/10/08 at 03:30:44
Quote Print Post  
Looks like Rainier Bass club will be fishing at Tapps that weekend for a club tourney.  I might feel bad dragging a piggy out from the depths while they are fishing near by.  The launch might be busy in the am as I do not know what time they blast off.....I will be risking it with the bollards in Bonney Lake Huh  Maybe we can compare bags at the end of the day after their weigh in.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/10/08 at 03:43:08
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there as a backseater.

Breakfast details?

Stu

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/10/08 at 03:49:20
Quote Print Post  
I think that Larry chose Shari's in Bonney lake on 410 as the go-to greasy spoon.

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #18 - 06/10/08 at 04:14:31
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #19 - 06/10/08 at 13:26:51
Quote Print Post  
Yes we are doing breakfast..go to the start of the thread....I am changing the time to meet at the launch to 6am so will be at the restaurant at 4:45 or so just to get breakfast set up.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/11/08 at 05:26:38
Quote Print Post  
I'd love to be there....but I gotta go pick up the Nitro Saturday morning, I guess Anglers Marine opens at 9am..... then I gotta find some water and run the big engine for a bit and check it  out. Unfortunately, the trolling motor still seems to be out of action, but I have a checklist of items to try, and then perhaps I can get to the bottom of it and have it ready for the Jack'n'Jill.

Faz

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #21 - 06/13/08 at 03:51:23
Quote Print Post  
Faz, spanaway is only 5 min. from anglers and has some big fish as you know.... Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/13/08 at 16:03:55
Quote Print Post  
Brian - that's my plan - hopefully I can stay away from the big trout  Lips Sealed and I sure as heck won't be trying out any new rods  Grin ......  I can't remember,  but is it big enough to open up and run, or is it a slow speed lake?

Without the trolling motor it might be fun trying to fish, but I'll find a way to get  line in the water. Who knows, I might just come over to Tapps anyway.....

Faz

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/13/08 at 17:02:29
Quote Print Post  
so are you guys launching at allen yorke or the other county launch?  i'll be launching off inlet island so was hoping to know where you guys are at  Smiley

troy

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #24 - 06/13/08 at 18:31:22
Quote Print Post  
see directions....oh...County Park...is the name.

Mark at the Muskie club highly recommends leaders so baits are not left in the mouths of the fish if you break off.....he will have some avail for a few bucks at the launch. I baught two so far and will be getting a few more, since these fish are sterile they have no replacements should they succomb to mouth injuries or starve from blocked / injured mouths.
« Last Edit: 06/14/08 at 01:43:26 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #25 - 06/15/08 at 19:03:09
Quote Print Post  
Had a great time at Tapps with the Musky Crew as 5 Western Boats and 5 Tiger Pac boats hit the water at 6:30 am and we were not dissapointed as several of our boats either saw and or caught / hooked a Musky but lots of Smallies also! I for one am very impressed with the lake and also with the work of NW Tiger Pac 57 as they have taken a very pro-active roll in the management of that fisher. Thanks to all who participated....Jose and Stu, Alex, Chris and his buddy...(sorry forgot his name!) Faz and the "Green Machine", Phil, and Terry.
Also to Mark Wells and the crew from the Pac for a great intro to Toothy Critters and I for one will be going back with Mark to get me one before too long!
Pics are of Mark with his 30-1/2" Musky....Me learning HOW to hold a Musky...and some of the crew including Rainier Bass members who stopped by after Thomas taught them all about fishing Tapps...Congrats to Thomas!!!

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 06/16/08 at 05:34:13
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
You're welcome in my boat any time. I had a ball. Get those wrists in shape and we'll get your musky rod broke in. Call me any time you want to get back out.
By the way: Those were the best hot dogs I've ever had.
Mark

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #27 - 06/17/08 at 03:07:28
Quote Print Post  
If only I could get someone to make me hot dogs every time I go fishing!  I'm about to get serious about the musky critters.  We saw Larry by himself after lunch, I think I heard him say "Be vewwy, vewwy quiet...I'm hunting muskies!"
Cheesy

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/17/08 at 03:45:20
Quote Print Post  
please explain to me what thomas did...did he nail some monster smallies or what!?

troy

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 06/17/08 at 04:09:42
Quote Print Post  
Thomas is also in Rainier Bass Club and he won their club tourney on Saturday.  I think that they had 5 people in the tourney and if I remember he won with a bag of 3 to 4 pounds.  They were all of of the the water by 2pm I think.  He got a chance to take his new boat out on a new lake and got on a few fish. 

Personally, I didn't get anything on my hook until around 10:30 and the biggest was the first at nearing 2 lbs.  I tried everything I could think, but we finally found the color and a row of docks that produced probably 8 fish in a few hours.  Nothing of any size was talked about by anyone. I think that the beefy smallies are now in hiding.  We did see tons of babies (Fry) all over the lake.  I didn't have my microscope or a biology book so I am not sure what they are, but they are everywhere.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo