Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) July Fish-In!! (Read 4654 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

July Fish-In!!
07/03/08 at 21:19:42
Quote Print Post  
Hey Western...Alas, now that the Thunderstorms have subsided for a few minutes!....here is the info for the Fish-In at Lake Washington on July 12th.
Saturday July 12th, Meet at Dennys at N/E 44th and 405 at 5AM for breakfast and to talk some fishin.....then meet at 6:30 at the East Mercer Launch under I-90 to pair up and get going........now the Bummer part.....
Some of you know that, for the last year or so I have been talking about some issues with my Right Eye, well....after finally getting into the Doc. for an eval it was discovered that I have a nasty little Cataract and also the possible start of Glaucoma.....too much bright sunshine and too much weight for too long I suppose but none the less I will undergo Eye Surgery on the 10th to remove the Cataract and then further evaluate what course of action for the Glaucoma yet returning me to 20/30 vision on the right.
Jose will be your Guide for this event and I know that you all will assist by committee to make this a wonderful time on the water and I will return for the August Fish-In and also the Tri-Cities Tournament.
Will keep the updates coming and make sure alot of pictures get taken so we can post them up.......O.K.......let the jokes begin....... Tongue Wink

"No Mom...I'm not going blind because of THAT!" Cheesy
Hey John, I need your BassTender for a "Seeing Eye Boat" for my ProCraft! Wink
No!.....Owning a ProCraft does not cause cataracts!

On a serious note....take the time to get an eye exam as early Detection is the key to reducing Occular Pressure thustly reducing the chances of Cataracts and Glaucoma.....Sunglasses are not enough! Wink

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: July Fish-In!!
Reply #1 - 07/03/08 at 21:23:50
Quote Print Post  
hope everything goes smoothly larry. 

troy

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/03/08 at 21:50:14
Quote Print Post  
All the best for a quick recovery Larry....... I've been told to get another eye check in three months as my pressure is "borderline".

Faz

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/03/08 at 21:51:14
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry, The cause of the eye issue must have been seeing all those large fish in your livewell during the last two or 3 potholes tourneys.

Get well dude. Now that your handicapped some of us may have a chance competing against you Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Russ

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #4 - 07/04/08 at 17:38:44
Quote Print Post  
Cataracts!! No my friend it sounds like fecalmyopia

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #5 - 07/05/08 at 01:39:14
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry, I will be glad to help out as much as I can at the fish-in and I know you will be better to. I will say a prayer and see you at the next event.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #6 - 07/07/08 at 16:16:59
Quote Print Post  
Definition:
Fecalmyopia (from Greek: μυωπία ) When ones eye mussel tissue becomes crossed with ones anal mussel therefore giving one a crappy out look.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #7 - 07/12/08 at 04:37:33
Quote Print Post  
who's goin??....might be too late to call for a roll call but it would ease my mind!!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 07/12/08 at 23:20:45
Quote Print Post  
Totally forgot !!!!  I was on sawyer, saw another club member out there.  Lips Sealed

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #9 - 07/13/08 at 19:10:14
Quote Print Post  
Larry, wasn't the same without ya there.  Missed your good cooking! Hope your eye is ready for to see us all next month.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #10 - 07/14/08 at 02:37:44
Quote Print Post  
So how did it go? I would have loved to be there but I was pre-fishing Silver for aba next weekend.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #11 - 07/14/08 at 04:09:55
Quote Print Post  
Yup....hav'nt heard yet but what I did hear was three to four people.....tried to make it close for mileage sake but it is summer!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/14/08 at 14:53:32
Quote Print Post  
I was there with a guest, I saw Rodney and Phil Hudgens with Jose. So three boats and 5 people! Rodney appeared to have big fish, looked about 2 lbs. Dave and I spent most of the time investigating water from Ballard through to Gasworks Park, caught a couple of Perch, couple of 1 lb Smallies and a Rock Bass, also a 2 lb Squawfish right at the Mercer Bridge at lunchtime. Not enough people to make the BBQ worthwhile.

Faz

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #13 - 07/14/08 at 21:45:13
Quote Print Post  
Ok, I'll give an account of the fish I caught.  Caught several smb less then 12 inches, lost a nice one that kept my drop shot rod doubled over and did bring in a 2 lber that Jose took a pic of.  All mine came on drop shot using a black 4 inch worm that Troy poured for me using my recycled Senkos.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo