Normal Topic wacky worm rod (Read 3916 times)
bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

wacky worm rod
03/03/08 at 00:00:42
Quote Print Post  
I am looking to buy a rod for wacky worming but uncertain on what to look for, can anyone give me some suggestions? Probably will use a spinning reel.

Thomas

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Re: wacky worm rod
Reply #1 - 03/03/08 at 00:07:57
Quote Print Post  
I prefer an medium action w/fast tip. I use a 6'6 Lamiglas Competitor Series 663, Its at OE for I think $65. Also, another good rod for it it the Certified Pro 703 which I use for deeper, open water wacky wormin, its at OE for $130

Any Medium Action w/ FAST Tip will do you fine.

-Nick

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 03/03/08 at 03:57:43
Quote Print Post  
I personally am using a SJR-782 GL2 and love it.  I think I've caught more fish on this rod than the law allows.  My girl just caught a 6lber on it today matter fact, keep your eye out for my fishing report  Wink
I use this rod for skipping senko's mostly, I usually texas rig but I will be doing more wacky rigging with it.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/03/08 at 21:19:56
Quote Print Post  
I use the Ordella SJ783 very similiar to the GL782.

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/03/08 at 23:44:44
Quote Print Post  
I have two that I use.  I have a 7 1/2 ft Quantum spinning in med / heavy action.  I use this at Potholes and the like to throw and skip whacky rigs into HEAVY cover.  Need the big heavy rod to move the fish once it is hooked.  The other is a standard 6'6" Rogue  medium action spinning.  Most of the guys seem to use medium to medium heavy depending on how you are going to fish the wacky rig.

Mark

IP Logged

Tubetric
Forum Member

The fun of fishing is
the friends you make!!!!!!!!

Reply #5 - 03/04/08 at 03:48:44
Quote Print Post  
I have two I also like to use. One is the heavy dropshot rod by lamiglas that I use for the smaller worms like Robo worms and the longer Sniper lures. The other is the 703 bait casting rod by lamiglas that I use for the bigger worms like Senkos and weighted worms like the Trutungsten worm. Just me though. Different strokes for different folks.

Mack

&& &&

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #6 - 03/09/08 at 17:14:02
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for all your help guys, I have decided on sjr 782, but know my dilemma is on a swimbait rod any ideas.

Thomas

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo