Normal Topic Shakey Worm Jigheads? (Read 2165 times)
S._Basser
Ex Member

Shakey Worm Jigheads?
11/30/07 at 04:00:06
Quote Print Post  
I've found a lot of different designs online, but can't decide, or can't see an advantage over my favorite Owner "Bullet Head" jigs. What works best for y'all?

I tried the search engine and didn't get any results. Does it usually work?  Undecided C&R, Steve

PS: How much rod power and how heavy a line do you need for this, with our weeds?

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Shakey Worm Jigheads?
Reply #1 - 11/30/07 at 21:38:21
Quote Print Post  
most of my shakey head fishing is done with a jighead called a spot remover.  as far as rod power goes i use my dropshot rod some time and just a  1 power lamiglas the rest of the time.  the only problem i have with the jighead i use is that after 1 or 2 fish the worm gets torn pretty bad and you have to use a new one cause the old one will slide off the peg. 

troy

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/03/07 at 05:41:35
Quote Print Post  
Anybody like the retainer spring type, or prefer the lead peg thang? I should stop by Auburn S&M and see what they have.

Meanwhile, I don't see that the Owner "Bullet" jighead is doing me any harm. I think I'll want more rod umph, tho, than my Lamiglass DS rod has to offer. This place shows 'em in a tube, but I almost always use them on grubs, "Texas rigged". They're a good fit for the 5" Yam. grubs, but I also use them on 5" Kalins by cutting 1/2" off the nose of the grub.  C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/04/07 at 00:03:34
Quote Print Post  
auburn S&M have both stlyes of pegs.  reaction innovation makes one with a spring and the spot remover mentioned above.  i have used both and prefer the peg type.  for what you have shown i would not reccomend either of these jigheads on a tube or grub, but would think what you have shown would work better since you would have less "sliding"issues with the bait.

troy

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/01/08 at 05:42:35
Quote Print Post  
I'm still pondering this technique, reading articles here & there. Another similar & interesting plot is to stick a straight tailed worm on a ballhead jig, hook exposed, 10 lb line. Swim it over weeds, ticking the tops. When it gets hung, give it a yank. Any observing bass will jump all over it, a classic reaction strike. In-Fisherman's Lindner boys were big on this technique, and I'd bet it would work well here in the right circumstances.
So, has anybody done it? Getting hungup is a key part of the technique, so I might be pretty good at it. C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo