Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What'cha Gonna Throw? (Read 8809 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

What'cha Gonna Throw?
02/16/05 at 17:03:18
Quote Print Post  
Hey........for those who have not been to Silver lake before or have not been in a while, lets hear what you plan to throw at the Fish-In so some folks can get some shoppin done......
I will probable throw a White slow rolled Spinnerbait for a while maybe even a black buzzbait in the morning even though it is still early in the year but will change up to a jig-N-plastic and flipping bushes and wood for the duration of the day....I like a Black/Blue Denny Brauer rattle jig with a zoom blue trailer and will flip-pitch 4"-5" senkos and baby brush hogs in the greens-pumpkins colors.
As it gets warmer might even throw a 2-4 ft diving Bandit crank in perch-firetiger colors......probable out of desperation and for yuks though!
Race ya to Auburn Sports!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: What'cha Gonna Throw?
Reply #1 - 02/16/05 at 17:45:25
Quote Print Post  
Darn it Larry, you stole my thunder almost to a tee including the thought of throwing a buzzbait for laughs.  I will probably use pork with my jig.

And HAHA I already went to Sportco.

Rich

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/16/05 at 18:44:39
Quote Print Post  
I'll most likely be flipping and pitching a Yum Wooly craw with a 1/2 or 3/4oz tungston weight.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/16/05 at 21:21:38
Quote Print Post  
You may wanna lighten your weight Nick. Most flipping cover is only 3-4 feet and it may fall too fast. It may cause the reaction bite though if thats what your looking for...?.?.?

I will be throwing a Pink Johnson spoon tipped with a piece of Carne Asada steak with a touch of bacon grease for scent..

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/16/05 at 21:35:11
Quote Print Post  
Rob

Was that the lunch menu or your fishing lure?

Daryl

P.S. I'm using a 4" pink senko.(for Ron H.)

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/16/05 at 21:48:16
Quote Print Post  
???  "Larry - the jig-N-plastic" you mentioned, is that similar to a 'jig-n-'pig' I have read/heard about? I had bought jars of 'pig' pork rind baits 20 years ago when I learned about Bass fishin'.

However - I could never get the piece of pork onto a jig hook -

can somebody show me at the meeting tomorrow night - so I will know how this is done or show me this 'jig-N-plastic' set up PLEASE ????
     H E L P - I NEED HELP......LEARNIN' THIS,
           Thank ye all, Brenda.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/16/05 at 22:22:29
Quote Print Post  
Brenda most of them have a little slit that the hook goes through. Bring in a jig and the can of pork and I'll show you. Is "Somebody" "Someone's" brother? hahaha    Hey D, I'm just gonna change it up a bit.  Wink

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/16/05 at 22:45:05
Quote Print Post  
I have jigs but I have not bought any of the pork baits recently....... Undecided............hum....?

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/16/05 at 23:21:13
Quote Print Post  
Cranks,spinnerbaits, Sweet Beavers,JigN Pig, and if those don't work Senko's on a drop shot-Sooooeeeee Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Looking forward to it,
Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/17/05 at 05:00:03
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
I was in a hurry and didn't get to finish my whole post. It all depends on what the condition are. If their good i'll look more for the true reaction strike. I'll speed every thing up a little more. I most likely slow roll a spinnerbait, rip a lipless crankbait, and toss a suspending jerk bait. If the fish won't bite at all. I'm going to knock them over the head with a craw and       
1 1/2oz tungston.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #10 - 02/17/05 at 05:22:48
Quote Print Post  
Let's see!  Does everyone going know that your depth finder is right when out in the middle of the lake, it reads 8 ft?  Secondly, The concepts I see on the above posts are typical, except Darryls.  SLLLLLOOOOWWWW and weightless or very light normally flat "gets their goat" down there.  Speaking of goats,  Roll EyesNEVER FISH IN FRONT OF THE "GOAT HOUSE" Roll Eyes!  There never have been, nor will there ever be fish around "goat Island.  One more thing to the "newbies", not everything you hear is true!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/17/05 at 06:17:06
Quote Print Post  
I dunno if I'll be going, but I would never pitch an unweighted Rainbow 5" SuperDoo along the breakline between the lilly pads and the "red bushes". Same goes for Senkos. Never, ever, do that!

If anybody knows what the 'red bushes' are, I'm interested. Maybe Brenda can take a sample to the flower club? Same stuff grows at P-lake, and last May, there was a good fish in front of every 'red bush'  there.  Wondering if there is something about the bush itself, or if it's just they just like fishy habitat...
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/17/05 at 06:21:38
Quote Print Post  
Let's see where the temps at first. If it's 45-48* then flip'n tubes and 5" sinko's Green's, brown's and black/blue followed with a full size brushhog in the same colors. If (by some miracle) the temp is 49*+ then flipping a jig on docks and brush should do the trick,  Smileyand don't forget about swimming a jig over and around that favorate stump field.  Roll Eyes  For those who haven't fish Silver before, this lake has been deemed one most likley to give up a new state record. 8)  Keep this in mind when spooling up.  Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #13 - 02/18/05 at 01:58:03
Quote Print Post  
Brian,
  Why are you messin' with 'em?  You, me and a hundred other people would tell them the truth, I thought.  Brush hogs are over priced, funny looking, chunks of plastic!!!!!  Senko's don't rank up there much higher.  Be nice Brian.  Their trying to learn what to do, not what not to do! Grin Grin Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

MUSKIEMAN
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/18/05 at 16:17:02
Quote Print Post  
WELL, I want start by saying thanks for having me in the club, it was good to meet some of the guys. I guess since I'm the new guy when I get to silver lake my tackle box will be wide open but thanks for the head up on what may work sound like I'll fit right in at silver lake with pitching jigs and spinner baits also fishing shallow coming from the land of millfoil and shallow lakes. I'm a skipper and a jigger I love dock fishing I will take any advise you guys can give me. Deep water is going to be new to me and any and every piece of info will helps.

Thanks again...........
Greg  Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo