Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LK WASHINGTON (Read 28238 times)
M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

LK WASHINGTON
07/15/07 at 06:29:46
Quote Print Post  
Anita and I hit Lake Washington tonight for about 45 minutes to an hour to open up the motor on the boat some and do a little fishing.  As it turned out Anita stuck this nice 4.8 in the first 10 minutes and nothing after it.  The waves were pretty bad, felt like a little cork out there.  I am so happy for Anita, by far this is her PB.  The fight was awesome, the smallie did a couple of different jumps in the air, it was incredible that she put it in the boat.

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: LK WASHINGTON
Reply #1 - 07/15/07 at 07:09:38
Quote Print Post  
WOW that is a huge smallie.  Good for her, and good that you are spending time with the most important person in your life.  Way to go Mark and Anita.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/18/07 at 06:19:51
Quote Print Post  
Hit Lake Washington today - nice overcast day, no wind, no heat, had the lake to myself.  AND the fish were biting.  No real bragging fish (nothing over three pounds) but plenty of them - maybe 25 or so.

I spent a lot of time fishing the flats out in front of what used to be the old lumber mill.  When the log booms were up, you couldn't fish much of the shallows, but it's wide open now.  (And new buildings, condo's etc.. are already going up.)  Find a weed edge (18-23 feet) - find fish!

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 07/19/07 at 01:59:32
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like another great day on the lake for you.  I'll be out there tomorrow and I'll be happy with fraction of the fish you caught.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 07/19/07 at 14:52:45
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Mark! Cheesy  Looks like you didn't forget much during your tour in the sandbox.  Now next time just take the boat to a little calmer water so the wife can smile a little bit more. Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #5 - 07/20/07 at 23:58:51
Quote Print Post  
Went out today with two of my buddies and worked different areas, mostly deep docks.  Dropshotting was the technique with different plastics and my friend Som boated a 1.5, 2.2, and a 3.0, while my other friend boat a couple 1.5s and a largie that went over two pounds.  The weather was ok at first, but got nasty around 11am.  I didn't do a whole lot, except for dinks, some perch and a 13" smallie.  I was mostly trying different lures.  I wonder how Chuck did?  We launched out of Coulon at the same time.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/21/07 at 03:41:01
Quote Print Post  
I did pretty good - 27 smallies, a half-dozen perch, and I fed the eagles "squawfish souffle" 5 times.  I got all of mine trolling crankbaits in 18-25 feet - especially along weed lines.  (Mostly out in front of what used to be the lumber company).  But nothing over 3 pounds.  I tried out deeper, looking for larger fish - but nothing.  I tried drop-shotting on some docks and never got a nibble, so I went back to trolling.  And then I GOT COLD! Can you believe it?  Middle of July and I was wet and cold!  I had to turn my heater on in the car to warm up.  What happened to summer?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 07/22/07 at 00:54:06
Quote Print Post  
My girlfriend Susan and I went out to Lake Wa today.  8:30am-2:30.   Fish seemed to be biting well.  We caught alot of dinks, so we probably got 10-15 fish each.  A couple perch, and a 3lb squawfish were also caught.  Mostly were caught using drop shot rigs.  Around 1pm we had a great experience.  I started it off with a 4.2 smallmouth.  When I pulled this fish into the boat, I swore I had my first 5 lb smallie, man this fish was FAT.  Grin   Barely measured 18 inches long.  My girlfriend Susan caught her 3.9 lb smallie about 15 minutes after mine.  Thats her biggest smallie so far, and I imagine will get up'd fairly soon Smiley  These fish are really eating up.  Alot of 11-12 inch fish were caught, and a few around 14 inchs, Great day on the water.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/22/07 at 01:00:40
Quote Print Post  
How deep were you fishing Chris? I am planning on trying to get out there tomorrow. I dont have tto much experience on this lake so I am going to try and find some new spots and try some things everybody is always talking about for Lake Washington

BY THE WAY, NICE SMALLIES!!!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 07/22/07 at 01:11:24
Quote Print Post  
The big fish came from a dock, the end of the dock in probably 18 feet.  Boat sitting in 25 or so.  We also hit some weedlines by the old mill like in Chucks post, 15-20 feet.  Look for rock, weedlines and deeper docks.  I was going to mention but didn't want my post super long, that 2 other clubs were having a tournament out there today.  LLBC, and another club out of Tacoma.  At one point there was 6 boats fishing the vicinity of Coleman point  Cheesy  Looked like the community hole today. 
Hope you can get into some nice fish tomorrow Nick.  Give us a report. 

Chris

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/22/07 at 22:51:58
Quote Print Post  
I figured the lake would be pretty quite with the rainy forcast so I launched at Coulon about 5:45 this morning. There were only two rigs in the parking lot. Started with a spinnerbait and the first fish slapped at it about 6:15. Didn't feel like she got stung so instead of putting the rod down and following up with a senko I just started snapping the bait to imitate and injured bait fish. Worked like a charm, she chased it down again and hammered it. 4 lb 2oz smallmouth. Finished the day with 10 fish, two over 4lbs and two around 3lbs.
Only rained till about 8:45 then it was just overcast. I think that was why the spinner bait bite was good all day or at least till 1pm when I quit.

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/23/07 at 00:54:45
Quote Print Post  
unfortunately I didnt get to get out, my buddies truck is having problems, so I am sitting here today cleaning the house.

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #12 - 07/24/07 at 04:47:16
Quote Print Post  
I fished lake Washington for the first time. We did well. 3 SM 2.5lbs , 1 over 3lbs,  1 squahfish.
All along i-90.

Where are the LM?

Varmit where did you get yours?

Where is the old lumber mill?

Appreciate any info.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/24/07 at 20:26:53
Quote Print Post  
Over time, the largemouth have mostly been replaced throughout the lake by the smallies.  The exception being around the cut near the U of W.  Occassionally I still catch a largemouth here and there elsewhere in the lake but those are rare surprises.  (There are a few other exceptions that are held in secret by a few tight lipped anglers.)

The old lumber mill disappeared last year - it is being replaced as we speak with condos etc..  You can locate it in the East channel.  If you put your boat in at the South end and go around Coleman Point heading North, the lumber company was located on the East shore.  Where the individual homes give out, you will see a small creek and an Osprey Nest on a pole, just off shore.  From that point on, (heading North), you will see lots of construction taking place.  If you motor around you will discover a set of flats that go 2/3 of the way out into the East channel to 40 feet before they start to fall off fast.  It is a huge area, but there are a few sweet spots on it that make the search profitable!

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/24/07 at 21:32:49
Quote Print Post  
Chuck, I have been telling people the Mill property is owned by Paul Allen and is the site of the Seahawks new practice facility. am I totally off ?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo