Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Washington (Read 4043 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Washington
05/25/07 at 15:04:29
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington with Doug Booth yesterday.  Hit the canals first thing with little succes.  Managed 3 out of there.  I am thinking there are still pretty beat up from the Northwest tourney.  Went out to the east channel to hit some of my spawning areas and managed to get 15 or so fish.  The action was hot and heavy for Doug and I the last 2 hrs  are best 5 would have gone around 13.5 lbs.  Most were taken on white colored baits.  Either panic minnows or senko's on a drop shot.

Mark

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Re: Washington
Reply #1 - 05/26/07 at 23:27:42
Quote Print Post  
I hit Washington this morning. Fished from 5am till noon. I thought there would be a lot of boat traffic but it was just myself and a couple  other bass boats till about noon. Managed 15 SM. 13 on Senco's and 2 on a deep crankbait. About a third of the fish still had eggs.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 05/27/07 at 00:49:30
Quote Print Post  
Wow you serious Pat.  I should have went to WA today.  Looks like I'll be going tomorrow.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 05/27/07 at 20:05:33
Quote Print Post  
I thought the spawn would be over by now.  I was thinking about going to Sammamish on Wednesday, but now I might just stay close and stick with Washington. Undecided

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/27/07 at 22:38:32
Quote Print Post  
mike got a fish out of 32ft of water off webster on friday  Shocked.  camered a few more down there too.
troy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 05/28/07 at 05:08:49
Quote Print Post  
I got out on WA today with my buddy Kyle.  We started probably 7:30am.  Kyle got 3 right away, had me pretty nervous  Grin  I caught 5 throughout the day, we fished alot of less productive water.  Just drifting with the wind, only changed spots twice with the gas motor all day, fished til 3pm.  Kyles biggest 3.1 lb, mine 3.4 lbs.  Nice to get back out on a lake where I can catch fish  Cheesy

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/28/07 at 23:31:06
Quote Print Post  

Went back to Washington today. Fished the same areas that I hit Saturday but used a white spinnerbait.
got eleven nice SM, 4 over 3lb, largest (photo) was 4-10. When the bite died I moved to Portage bay looking for LM. Got two more nice SM in some very shallow water but LM have done their thing and moved out.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 05/29/07 at 02:19:44
Quote Print Post  
I fished WA again today.  Ran to husky bay to try for LM's.  Got a good bite, missed him  Cry, drove closer to shore to inspect and found a bed.  Darn, felt like a nice one.  Switched to smallies at 10 am.  Talked to a guy in a Ranger Z21, 250 hpdi and he said he saw SM's slamming the salmon fry, but they wouldn't bite his jerkbait.  I told him about the club, nice freakin boat.  I'm sure a lot of guys in the club would look to check it out.  Anyway, hit webster and at 11:30 got my first SM.  4.1 Lbs skipping a senko under a dock.  This fish was a fatty, water is 2+ degree's colder at Webster than Coulon.  Got 5 SM's total, others were 12-13 inchs, and one around 14.  Nice day on the water. 
Pat you got them dialed in buddy  Cheesy

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/Powerworm17/lakewamem076.jpgt=1180405166

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/01/07 at 04:54:39
Quote Print Post  
Fished with Dan Mowery today.  We got a total of 39 smallies.  Biggest was Dan's 3lb 4 oz.  My best 5 was 14lb 14oz and Dan's would have been close to that as well.  Senkos under docks was the key.  Fished from 8:30  to 4:00  bite died around 2:30 though.  Saw and heard someones outrageous bass boat.  Sounded and flew just like an lear jet.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 06/01/07 at 14:32:39
Quote Print Post  
Could it have been the Bullet with the 300X that fishes NW??  That boat will make your jaw drop.  Thats one hell of a day Doug.  Hope you are fishing the Tournament tomorrow.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/01/07 at 15:09:04
Quote Print Post  
No, I'm gonna hopefully be on the dock aiding and abetting in the massacre of slimers.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/02/07 at 03:09:01
Quote Print Post  

Had a great morning on Washington today. Oh, got 10 nice smallmouth too.
Aggressive doesn't even begin to describe the spinnerbait bite between 4am and 5:30.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #12 - 07/02/07 at 03:32:01
Quote Print Post  
I havn't gone out there that early this year yet, but last year the bite would be hot about that time of day and would die real fast.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #13 - 07/08/07 at 04:11:49
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington Friday from 1pm till 9:30 pm....need to rename it Lake Wash-ingmachine as it had 3 ft cross chop and wind at 10-15 but the Cabin Cruisers were hiding they're 5 ft. waves in the mess but did manage about ten smallies and the 15 year old grandson of a friend did catch his first batch of Smallies so it was a good day over all....oh....and the truck towed well and cannot wait to get the shell or camper and really see what it'll do! Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo