Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Who went fishing this weekend ? (Read 3581 times)
Chris B.
WBC Member

Who went fishing this weekend ?
07/02/07 at 04:59:56
Quote Print Post  
Monday mornings when I hit the forum at work, I always like to read fishing reports, and I am bummed out when I don't see any.  So heres my report from the weekend. 
My girlfriend Susan and I went to Mason lake, my friends family has a house on the lake.  We got to the lake around 9:30 am saturday, fished til 1pm.  I caught 2 LM and Susan got 1, more than we were expecting  Tongue  I got my fish on Senko's, and Susans on a jig with a ghost baits beaver trailer.  We didn't weigh all the fish after catching them which was a mistake.  One I did weigh was 3.7 lbs, and the second fish was bigger.  The second fish weighed 3.9 after sitting in the livewell 5 hours.  Susans was 2.8 lb weighed late.
Day 2:  We started fishing at 6:30 am, didn't get a fish til Noon.  3.1 lb LM skipped under a dock with a senko.  Few docks down got a 1.9 lber also, Susan got none day 2.  I had a 5-6 lber swim right under my Trolling motor, that was surprising. 
Mason Lake is nothing special, its a water ski lake with clear water, and normally wary largemouth.  Here's some pics. 

I posted the best shot of my 2 fish, I'll have to have a talk with my camera woman  Cool

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Who went fishing this weekend ?
Reply #1 - 07/02/07 at 05:13:11
Quote Print Post  
Nice Job you two!!! good looking fish....is that in Mason Co?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 07/02/07 at 05:15:13
Quote Print Post  
Yes Larry.  Mason lake in Mason County.  The boat launch is really steep, need 2 people to pick the bow of the boat over the bow roller, and one to crank.  Its a pain, but I mostly go to the lake to hang out with friends and fish morning and evenings.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #3 - 07/02/07 at 19:27:02
Quote Print Post  
Chris,
I guess I was also one of the few to make it out fishing this weekend.  On Saturday at Silver I caught one 3lb 8oz on a buzz bait, lost a good one on a crainkbait, and caught several decent fish on crainkbait and I only fished early morning.  Sunday was a complete different story and I could only catch dinks.  Me and my friend probably caught close to 20 fish but all were pretty small.  My friend caught one in the 3lb range and a couple others over 12 in.  I was pretty disappointed over all.  Angry

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 07/02/07 at 22:45:32
Quote Print Post  
Were you fishing in the ABA tournament Joel ?

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #5 - 07/03/07 at 02:57:25
Quote Print Post  
Ya I was, turned out to be a bad decision after all.  I had been on the lake once in the last 2 months.  Didn't really have a pattern figured out but kinda caught on towards the end of the day.  We had 3 fish for like 5.9 pounds! Angry  I dont think I have been out of the top ten on silver except for the club draw tournaments and this one Huh I guess once April rolls around I just choke or something.  I'm sure we were close to last but didn't stay to find out the official results.  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 07/03/07 at 04:22:14
Quote Print Post  
Can't win if you don't try.  At least you caught something.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/03/07 at 05:49:33
Quote Print Post  
Fished Lake Washington today (Monday).  Caught approximately 30 bass before noon - but nothing to brag about.  Lots of small fish.  Largest was 3# 8oz.  Then mid-day a friend showed up to join me and naturally the fishing went dead slow.  No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get him a fish - no luck.  Unfortunately I kept catching them, which only made it more frustrating for my friend.  I even tried trolling crankbaits - with the same lures, so he had equal chance of catching them.  I caught several 3 pounders that way, he snagged the bottom.  Went and fished the canals, then the I-90 bridge with plastics.  I caught several other 3 pounders off the columns.  I took him to a couple of flats so that he could cast in any direction - I caught fish, he zeroed.  He copied my retrieve, used my equipment, etc... didn't matter.  FINALLY, just before we left he set the hook on a small bass, and before he got it to the boat I hooked up too with a fish twice the size of his.  Ouch!  He resigned himself to the nickname "Net-boy" and went home thinking there is a lot more to this bass fishing than he thought.  I could never be a guide, I bleed too much for others when they don't catch fish.  Still it was a nice day, and he somehow manged to enjoy it.

Also - the Fish and Game guys stopped us and checked our licenses.  Haven't had that happen in a couple of years.   Earlier in the day, squaw fish were unfortunately hitting their heads on the side of my boat when I tried to release them, and they ended up eagle food.  Naturally I was crushed at their suicidal demise, but I'm glad I didn't have to explain that to F&G.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/05/07 at 01:16:14
Quote Print Post  
Chuck, I hear on trying to help a back seat partner to catch fish but you and I know better than most that years of experience trolling all kinds of rigs makes a big defference between catching and fishing.
When showing this technique to others I often point out that the world record smallmouth was cought trolling a plug. Most anglers won't stick with it long enough to gain confidence in it. Also,I believe this type of presentation is far more unforgiving of using the wrong equipment than any other way I fish.
Anyway, back to the topic. Ernest and I fished Washington today from 4:30am to 9:45. We put about 10 SM in the boat between us. BTW, any of you guys that are looking for a back seater for a day on the lake should call Ernest, he's a class act.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 07/05/07 at 06:29:13
Quote Print Post  
Nice reports.  Keep em coming  Cool  You guys are doing quite well on Washington.  I went out tuesday evening.  Tryed to find new spots, didn't go so well.  I got a 2-2 and another about 1.5 lbs.  Finished the evening in Meydenbauer bay where I caught the 2 smallies.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/05/07 at 06:42:04
Quote Print Post  
I fished with my buddy Steve from 5:00 to 10:00.  We  caught around 10 smallies with the best going around 2.5 lbs.  Dropshotting seemed to be the key.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo