Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Who is jacked Up for Potholes?? (Read 8993 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Who is jacked Up for Potholes??
Reply #30 - 05/13/07 at 18:52:15
Quote Print Post  
Dude sweet! We'll make it work. Thanks Larry. Is it a Minnkota or Motorguide?

Online I found charts but they only have two cable from the trolling motor. Mine has a bat 1 positive, bat 2 positive and a bat 1 neg. I want to make sure I have them on the batteries correctly with the jumper installed properly.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 05/13/07 at 19:19:53
Quote Print Post  
rob,
maybe this will help.  positive lead from trolling motor on one battery.  negative lead from TM to other battery.  jumper from remaining two post neg-pos connection. hope that makes sense (and is correct cause thats what i have  Grin

troy

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 05/13/07 at 19:34:32
Quote Print Post  
Problem Troys is I have 2 positive connections from trolling motor not just one and then the negative.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #33 - 05/13/07 at 20:03:58
Quote Print Post  
It's a Motorguide 67....let me know how you want to get together....when are you going over to Potholes?
I am going early on Friday...around ten maybe set it up then? i am home all day today and working till 6 on the weekdays till the memorial service on thursday.....Larry.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 05/13/07 at 23:00:39
Quote Print Post  
i think i read something about that on another fishing forum.  i'll try and look it up and post it on here.

troy

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 05/13/07 at 23:18:52
Quote Print Post  
ok heres what i found.  it sounds like a 12/24 volt system from what i've read.  
Quote:
You will need to run a jumper wire from the negative post of one battery to the positive post of the other. This will give you the 24 volts. Run the wires this way....one red and the black go to one battery just like it was the only one you have, this will give you 12 volts.....see if it runs with the switch on 12 volts. The other red wire will go to the post of the other battery that doesn't have the jumper to it. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. Switch your switch to 24 volts and you should see quite a bit of difference. You will get a whole lot more power on 24 volt.
You should have  red, black, and white wires coming from your trolling motor, be sure that the red and black match the red and black on the plug. This is 12 volts. The white should connect to the other red wire (24 V)

this was taken from an ultimate bass forum, they have a trolling motor section so maybe you could figure it out there if this doesnt work. on a side note if this blows up your boat i had nothing to do with it  Lips Sealed

troy

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 05/14/07 at 04:57:07
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Troy. Thing is I never had problems before so I think its a motor problem. I wired it several different ways with the same results. Oh well. I guess I use a Motorguide for the tourney.... Cry

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #37 - 05/14/07 at 14:06:56
Quote Print Post  
Rob, the reason you have two positives is your boat is rigged for 12/24 volt operation.  It is switched through the plug.  All you have to do is determine which is which back at your batteries.  Then connect one to the positive of one of the batteries.  Connect the black to the negative of the other battery.  Then as Troy stated you need to make a jumper between the remaining POS and NEG which will make 24 volts.  It's not as hard as it seems.  Ultimately you will have one wire not in use, but unless you find an old 12/24 TM it isn't necessary.  If you are still stumped, give me a call..253-797-1697

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 05/15/07 at 01:24:37
Quote Print Post  
Should be a big turn-out. I'm thinking 45-50 entrants for this one. It will look like a mini Potholes Open.

Russ

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #39 - 05/15/07 at 22:20:39
Quote Print Post  
Can't wait for this tournament...  I know you guys have a lot more experience on this lake than the two half days I spent, so I'm just hoping for a respectable weight.  Found a few fish in Crab Creek after that I'll be search'n the dunes area.  Sounds like there will be 20+ boats.  

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 05/15/07 at 23:16:01
Quote Print Post  
Like a good friend once told me, WBC Potholes is like our Bassmaster Classic! Bring em on! Can't wait!

Carlos Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo