Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Who is jacked Up for Potholes?? (Read 8995 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Who is jacked Up for Potholes??
05/08/07 at 02:17:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey are you jacked up for the best tourney of the year? I can't wait to slay some pigs. Should be a good one. Latest report I have heard smallies still on spawn and largies are just starting to spawn.

Fish are shallow, water levels are up and coming up more.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Who is jacked Up for Potholes??
Reply #1 - 05/08/07 at 03:01:33
Quote Print Post  
i'm pumped up!  havent been on potholes in a couple years and only once in a bass boat  Sad.  can you say learning experience.

troy

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 05/08/07 at 03:15:43
Quote Print Post  
I AM!!!!
This kicks off my annual Pilgrimmage to the Washington Heartland of bassin where I will spend 2 1/2 weeks just fishin an sleeping so for me its......

SIX WORK DAYS AND A WAKEUP!!!

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/08/07 at 03:35:07
Quote Print Post  
WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAA.....Pigs n jigs, secret baits, hauling hogs,  you name it, I'm a willing and ready....Let us not forget.......This will be a BIG BAG tourney.  Hey, is the NEW GUY Fishing???  Just joshing with ya.  After Silver, NEW is not part of your name, you know what the _ell your doing thats for sure.  Hey,  take it easy on us old farts at Potholes....Hey, if you haven't been on Potholes....GO WAY WAY WAY back in the dunes, and when you can't get out, I didn't tell you this.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Now, this is a JOKE, so don't no one take this seriously.      It's all fun in fishing .............Let the fish slapping begin (so Carlos says anyway)..........Have fun all and we'll see just how big of bag someone will need or maybe a heavy lift to transport the pigs to weighin is necessary.Hmmmmmm Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Chuck P

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 05/08/07 at 03:57:59
Quote Print Post  
I am stoked!  This Thursday and Friday pre-fish will be my first time on Potholes... ever.  Can't wait to check out the dunes.  Hopin' for some beginner's luck.
Ray

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/08/07 at 04:15:33
Quote Print Post  
I will not be able to attend due to NWBASS on Washington, but all I can say as that they are PUMPING 49-50F degree water like crazy through Moses and down into Potholes, so I could assume anywhere in Crab Creek is gonna be pretty cold.

-Nick

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/08/07 at 04:37:24
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

Love the new profile pic. Based on sun angle, the lean of the tree to your left, and the cloud to the right of your head, I can pinpoint that bay within 10 feet.  Huh

Chris

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/08/07 at 05:31:46
Quote Print Post  
Sarge coordinates please. that way I can sneak up on russ in the old tin boat. Yes, Larry my dad and his buddy got it running. they replaced the piston and my took it out to goodwin this weekend to give her a try and said she was running good. Just needs a little rewiring for the electric motor. So Culver is back in action and ready to try and do some fish slappin. See ya all there. Can't wait to see what i'm capable of doing on my own. Only fished the lake once in may and was on a decent largie ppartern back in the dunes and hope to duplicate it and as an extra bonus I got a GPS lowrance for the boat that might come in handy.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #8 - 05/08/07 at 14:44:06
Quote Print Post  
Hey WBC,
  For those of you going to Potholes, if any one has a spare prop that fits an '05 150 V-max in the 21-23 pitch range, could I borrow it for a test run?  The new boat has a 19 pitch 3 blade and a hole shot that is insane but the boat tops out at 55 MPH.  I don't really need to do the "prop swap" game but if some one has one to try.................  Let me know.  See ya'll there.  It's going to be a BLAST!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/08/07 at 15:13:45
Quote Print Post  
I was in Crab Creek all the way to the outlet from Moses.  The water was 59.5 degrees right out of the dam.  BTW, don't fish up there, dudes.  I mean that!  There are stumps, stakes and steel posts all over the channel.  It is not worth the effort.  There are NOT huge smallies swiming around with the walleye in this area as has been previously reported.  Caught a little perch is all up there.  Also, the job corps area is horrible too.  I would however, suggest that you all follow basspro into his bay.  It is FULL of nice 3 to 4 lb largemouth.  Their mouths are a little sore right now, but if you give them a few days, they will bite again.  Contrary to a previous report, the only way to catch smallies on the rock pile is too swim a castaic swimbait over 35-40 feet of water.  The fish are staging RIGHT NOW over that general depth.  Back off the rock pile about 300 yards and start to chuckin' and windin'.  You should have pretty good luck with that.  If you need anything, I will bring you out an ice pack for your casting elbow, too.  Hey, I want your experience to be the best it can be.  Be sure to have 50 lb fireline on your rig when casting that swimbait.  Use your flipping stick and have fun.  Also, I heard a norther is blowing in our week-end, 15-20 mph out of the north, temps in the low 40's and sleet is in the forecast.  Be sure to where your polar insulated coveralls before blast-off.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/08/07 at 16:55:39
Quote Print Post  
Good Report Kirk,

All I can say is you better have a boat that can keep up  Wink with me to follow me into all my honey holes. You better have a good GPS for my spots because you ain't going to find them again without it and you better be good at pitching & flipping.

Its going to be a blast. I hope everyone brings in good bags because your going to need it to beat "The Flippin Magician"

Russ

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #11 - 05/08/07 at 17:04:18
Quote Print Post  
Gotfive:
Thanks for the report.  This club is so nice.  I just got off the internet after ordering a supply of swim baits (overnight delivery cost an extra $20).  Glad you told me about the Crab Creek area... I'll stay out of there.  Don't want to damage the boat.  I was going to check out the Job Corps area , but again you've saved me some fuel.
I Love WBC!

Ray

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/08/07 at 18:28:17
Quote Print Post  
Sadly, Gotfive, I think your report is the closest to real truth I've ever seen you post. It almost brought a tear to me eye.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/08/07 at 19:10:25
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

If you only new how many 4 & 5lbers are sitting in that bay right now Wink, now if they can just stay there until our event I will have a 20+ lb sack. The nice thing is I have never seen anyone from our club in it, hurray!!!

Triangulate that big tree will ya Chris and you may just find me sitting in it.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/08/07 at 23:03:48
Quote Print Post  
I am so gald that I could help.  I, too received the same sort of assistance when preparing for WBC tournament events when I was first starting out.  It helps so much when members opened up all of their favorite and productive spots to me.  I was always thankful that they were willing to do that for me.  I mean they had only spent 20+ years fishing unproductive water to find the good stuff, why shouldn't it be open season on that knowledge?  All the effort, time, cash, and frustration on unproductive water is really what sharing those valued bays, cuts, trees, and hidden gravel points is all about, right?  BTW, if anybody really needs any new gear to fish Potholes, please let me know.  I have tons of stuff that some previous "good advice" triggered me to bite.  

OK OK -For those of you fishing the pond for the first time, and want to weigh fish, hit the smallie bite first and then go back in the dunes and LOOK for LM.   Smallies can be caught just about anywhere near the dam and associated rock flats and points right now.  Fish a crank, jerk bait or small plastic rigged anyway you feel comfortable with.  For LM, stand on the trolling motor, fish as shallow as you can and sight fish with unweighted plastics tossed in front of the fish.  That's about it.  You don't need fancy baits or anything.  A 4-inch split-shot lizard for smallies and a texas rigged weight-less plastic for LM, such as a senko, should do you just fine.  You may have to adjust your tactics if the weather changes big, but that is what most of your WBC brethren will be doing.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast3.asp?partner=townnews&traveler=1&zipcode=98...

Thought I would add this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo