Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Washington (Read 16434 times)
Varmint
Ex Member

Lake Washington
12/31/06 at 18:35:34
Quote Print Post  
Had a nice day on Washington Saturday.  Water is 44 deg. Smallies were very aggressive. Fished from 8:30 to 12:30. Boated five SM, largest was a 4-4.  I launched at Renton since the Atlantic ramp is closed till about mid February. The fog was so thick I had to rely on GPS to get to my first spot near Pleasure Point.  Later I made my way back through the fog to the Mill area. I could not see more than 100 feet but I knew where I was based on GPS and sonar. I could not see any of the bouys or pilings but attributed that to the fog. When it lifted about noon I realized they were all gone. The two steel bouys, the pilings and the log boom have been removed from the lake.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 12/31/06 at 21:50:28
Quote Print Post  
Paul Allen is getting the new Seahawk facility ready to go!!

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/01/07 at 20:40:17
Quote Print Post  
QUESTION:  How deep were you fishing?  45-50?

Bill

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/01/07 at 21:45:14
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like a nice day.  I need to get me a gps unit.  I couldn't do anything on Sammamish a couple of months ago until the fog lifted up.  Were you dragging soft plastics?

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/02/07 at 15:14:54
Quote Print Post  
Very good! 45-50 is correct. Three way with crankbait.

IP Logged

Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Reply #5 - 01/03/07 at 04:24:12
Quote Print Post  
Varmint, do you have Hummingbird boat?
If so I was driving behind you in Renton.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/03/07 at 15:58:23
Quote Print Post  
Have a white Triton TR21 / Merc 225

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/05/07 at 01:14:35
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington today with a buddy from work.  Only got to fish 4 hours, but it was not to bad.  Had 3 in the boat and missed a 4th.  Rev rigging was not the ticket today.  Dragging a heavy jig and grub combo got the bites today.  40 to 50 ft depth and the usually places that produce were are tickets to success.

Mark

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/12/07 at 02:21:37
Quote Print Post  
Went out Monday, put 5 in the boat, 2 in the 30 ft depths, 1 in 40 feet, and 2 in 50 feet.  They seem to be everywhere in terms of depth.  Fed a couple of squaws to the eagles - they were hoping for salmon, but beggars can't be choosers.  I never get tired of watching them snatch those squaws out of the water!  (Squaws tend to stay on top of the water because they are so clumsy getting out of the boat - they bump their head on the side of the boat - not very graceful fish!)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/17/07 at 01:31:10
Quote Print Post  
Hitting Lake Wa with a client of mine for a little Perch Jerkin on saturday 1/20/07 Hope to see you guys out there.
Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/17/07 at 02:12:31
Quote Print Post  
You know Russ you keep referring to your trips as "Perch Jerkin".   But whenever I have been with you it was more like "Russ Jerkin".  Of course most of the time you do qualify your trips with the statement " with a client of mine".

Maybe you have to be a "CLIENT"  to be able to get any Perch with you.

Butt I will give you a B++ for effort.

KEEP UP THE "JERKIN" NO MATTER WHO OR WHAT IT IS.!!

Rich

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/17/07 at 02:25:02
Quote Print Post  
Rich,  your very funny...................Tis better to have a CLIENT than be by one's self while Perch JERKIN......Perch, Perch that is.....Lake Washington, etc etc

cp

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/17/07 at 02:31:42
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

Your alive and back to your dasterdly or is that bastardly joking self again. Yes it is one of my best clients that I am taking out. You know how the smoozing thing goes. You got to show them how much you appreciate them by taking them fishing.

Russ

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/17/07 at 02:43:16
Quote Print Post  
AAaahhhh......   the wonderous grey line between CATCHING and FISHING.   But with your decidedly poor record of CATCHING perch...from my point of view anyway....  I wouldn't be taking out your BEST clients. Grin

Yep, still alive and barely kicking. 
Going into surgery tomorrow for the second time.  First time the stitches all pulled out.  So going to try it again but this time they have a cast like brace to keep the leg from moving around. 

Keep your rod up and your lines tight!!

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/17/07 at 02:46:34
Quote Print Post  
Make sure they cast the mouth too, ha,ha. Hey just because you and I couldn't find them doesn't mean that it happens all the time.

Found a few when Mark and I went biggest two were over a lb.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo