Normal Topic lake whitman! (Read 2446 times)
Troy
Ex Member

lake whitman!
03/26/07 at 01:15:32
Quote Print Post  
ok here's what went down. me and some co-workers decided to do a monthly challenge at local lakes and this sunday was ol' lake whitman.  two boats four people and over 25lbs of bass!  me and mike got 3 for 9lbs 11oz and the two we fished against got 5 for 17lbs 11oz  Shocked.  i was totally shocked we got into so many fish in only a few hours.  fish came on jigs, spinnerbaits, and chatterbaits.  so get out there and get em' cause there movin!  Smiley

troy

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Re: lake whitman!
Reply #1 - 03/26/07 at 01:32:16
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

Is this that little lake behind Tanwax?

Stu

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/26/07 at 01:55:03
Quote Print Post  
stu,

yep thats the one..they put a new launch in so you dont need a 4x4 to dump the boat in anymore

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 03/26/07 at 04:42:02
Quote Print Post  
Dang thats a good catch.  I fished Lake Whitman once, quite a few years ago.  I was in my float tube and got a 4lber on a berkley slug-go thrown up near the trees.  Pretty cool lake.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/26/07 at 06:14:20
Quote Print Post  
Nice fishin', Troy. I thought that lake had just a few bass in it. Never heard of any size to them until now.

I love that little lake. My daughter caught her first ever fish (a bluegill) and her first trout there. I actually spent 10 minutes giving the trout fish CPR because she didn't want us to hurt it. It lived at least long enough to swim away...

Even with the new ramp, isn't there a 25 hp max on motors - or can you leave the big motor up and just troll?

Stu

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/26/07 at 13:48:39
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report. I tried to launch there a few years ago with my 2wd truck, and I don't know how I didn't get stuck; nonetheless, I didn't make it out on the water. I've herd this lake has some bass in it, and now hopefully i'll be able to make it out this weekend.
Thanks Again

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/26/07 at 20:28:23
Quote Print Post  
i taught myself how to bass fish on this little lake when i turned 16 a few years ago  Cool.  the lake has a decent bass population and produces pretty good in the spring, but gets pretty choked up during the summer.  good lake to get away from the waterskiers.

stu,
ive never had any problems just idling around.  i guess homeowners are allowed to waterski but ive only seen them a time or two.

troy

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/05/07 at 04:21:08
Quote Print Post  
went here after work today for a few hours without a bite. temp was 57 on the south end and 53 on the north end.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo