Normal Topic Potholes (Read 2209 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Potholes
10/22/06 at 03:21:37
Quote Print Post  
Hey,
Got a much needed respite today.  Headed to Potholes around 8am this morning.  Could not buy a smallie, so went to the dunes.  Found em.  Caught 6 nice largies, nothing over 2.5 lbs.  Spinnerbait, senko and power worm.  Fished huts and stick-ups.  Water temp high 50's, and the weather was perfect.  Saw just a couple of other boats.  Good day.

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Re: Potholes
Reply #1 - 10/27/06 at 04:35:46
Quote Print Post  
I just fished Pot holes for 3 days.
I too fished the dunes and found many quality LM - the biggest was 7.9 lbs!
Biggest LM I have caught in years (have nice pics).
Water level in Crab was rising daily and the fish were moving up stream.
Water temp was 55-57 degrees.
I did find a few decent smallies around the humps of Goose Island in 25 - 35 ft.
Also found a few Walleyes there.
STill good fishing out here.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/27/06 at 05:57:05
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Mike! Now I want to go east even more than before!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/27/06 at 15:29:12
Quote Print Post  
Headed to Potholes on Sunday with my son for a little blasting and bassing.  Going for pheasant and quail in the morning and then to my secret smallie hole to see if I can get another 6lber this year from it.  I am 2 for 3 in this one little spot for big smallies.  Glad to see the largemouth are still active guys great job on the Pig 7lber.  Great fish.

Mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/28/06 at 02:42:55
Quote Print Post  
Saw a few roosters hanging out real close to the reservoir up in Lind Coulee on the south side.  Hunters were pushing them down and they would just hide out.  Should of had the 870 with me.  Good luck.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo