Normal Topic Columbia above Rocky Reach (Read 1290 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

Columbia above Rocky Reach
06/27/06 at 18:51:52
Quote Print Post  
Wondering if anyone has fished this section of the river above rocky reach for bass? is it safe to navigate? what  type of structure do they relate to?
thanks chad s.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Columbia above Rocky Reach
Reply #1 - 06/27/06 at 22:05:13
Quote Print Post  
Yep, I have fished this area twice.  Decent fishing, though I am sure it would be better if I knew the area better.  Launched at Daroga SP the first time and out of Entiat the second.  The area around Lincoln Rock is pretty good as are the obvious shoals upstream of Entiat.  You should follow the 90 degree rule until you learn the water.  This is idling to the middle of the river and then running to the desired location and coming off plane to push in to shore.  There are some rock piles near the center of the river channel, so be alert when operating the boat and you will do just fine.  Don't decide NOT to go, just take it easy, keep your eyes open and slow down a bit.  It is only as safe as you make it.  I wish I had time to get there.  Problem is, I like Chelan too much to stop at Rocky Reach!!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo