Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sammamish (Read 10864 times)
grubber
Ex Member

Re: Sammamish
Reply #15 - 03/19/06 at 11:57:54
Quote Print Post  
thanks brian.

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/19/06 at 21:54:56
Quote Print Post  
We had Neil Iovino speak at the club last month and he said the launch opens at 5:30 at Sammamish. 

It was 6:30 before that.

Bill

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/20/06 at 03:52:12
Quote Print Post  
yeah, i remember the speaker. just couldn't remember what time he said the gate was open. i got there about  6:00 and all was good until my throttle (shifter) broke while launching. got it fixed pretty quick. fished until about noon - no fish.  oh well,  it was a nice day to be out on the water.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/22/06 at 01:58:08
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sam today for 3 fish.  Biggest was a 3.0 even in 32 ft of water.  The others came in 29 and 34 ft.  All came on lead heads with hula grubs dragging on the bottom.  Two came from an area I had never fished  and was surprised they were even there.

Mark

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/04/06 at 06:02:53
Quote Print Post  
Dennis and I went out to Sammamish today and hooked 7 largemouth - the largest in the boat was about 3#10oz - but we lost one bigger.  We were fishing in 1-5 feet - water temperature only went to 52 degrees in one spot.   In the next couple of weeks it's only going to get better!   We didn't do well until we slowed way down!  It rained on us all afternoon - but it was worth it to get our first largemouth of the year.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 04/13/06 at 00:55:13
Quote Print Post  
This week we went again - the water temperature was a couple of degrees warmer (53-55) up at the north end.  We got 8 fish - the largest was 5# 2 oz.  All were just slowly cruising around in the shallows (3-5 feet.)

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 04/13/06 at 04:25:17
Quote Print Post  
What baits/ presentations are you using?

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 04/16/06 at 02:08:27
Quote Print Post  
5" Sinko's and sluggo's - real slow!  I used a dark green sinko, Dennis used a dark blue top and white bellied sluggo.  Had to park the boat and watch the eagles - hard to do but productive!  Long casts helped!

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/19/06 at 04:28:42
Quote Print Post  
OK, so we're addicted to Lake Sammamish during this month, but we had another great day this Monday!  Ofcourse we had to wait for the sun to come out and warm up the water.  As of 12 noon the fish count was zero!  But between noon and 5 pm, we put 12 largemouth in the boat.  The biggest was 4 lbs - until the last few minutes and I was lucky enough to catch a 6 pounder (even) in 2 feet of water.  (Got pictures).   I suspect another couple of weeks of this!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/19/06 at 15:37:19
Quote Print Post  
AHHH! These Sammamish reports are driving me nuts, Rev! Gotta get out...

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 04/20/06 at 02:49:01
Quote Print Post  
SWEET!!!!! Sound like someone is warming up for Silver!! Wink

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 04/23/06 at 02:15:20
Quote Print Post  
Went to Sammamish today 9:30-5pm.  Towed a ski boat from the north end all the way back to the state park which took over an hour.  Was pretty windy last 3/4 of the day.  Made fishing tough, it was a cold wind too. 51-56 water temp.  Did not catch any fish, same with a Ranger that was leaving the same time as me.  Fished alot of the north end, probably too shallow for this type of day.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 04/23/06 at 04:01:52
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

I had the family there in the Big L.

Basically just a boat ride around from 12 noon - 1:30.

Saw a boat getting towed, but didn't recognize the Bass Cat from a distance.

Nice assist!

Stu

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 04/23/06 at 04:35:39
Quote Print Post  
You didn't notice a basscat?   Shocked  I thought that was your Lund Wink  I remember at the meeting you saying you might be out there.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 04/28/06 at 07:18:13
Quote Print Post  
Finally caught a fish from this lake.  Actually 5 to be exact.  a few 1.5-2lb smallies, 3.1 smallie and a 5.2 largemouth.  My first LM of the year.  Tried shallow, but caught all fish in 10-15ft of water.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo