Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Sawyer (Read 6564 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Lake Sawyer
05/15/06 at 04:02:03
Quote Print Post  
I know Lake Saywer gets hammered, but Carlos and I hit it from about 2 to 5:30 this afternoon and had a pretty good day. We mainly looked for bedded fish and found several. I stuck a 4 and 2. The 4 came under a dock that i knew she was sitting under. The 2 was a smallie pretty much locked down. Took some pissing him off to get the bite, but got it. Got video footage of both. Had another on video, and Carlos hooked a nice 4 1/2 while we weren't filming.

Saw some other fish that one guy was saying he stuck this morning but they wanted nothing to do with a bait. Didn't tap into a lot of other areas I know hold fish due to the time restraint, but made it work with what we had. Film footage is hilarious, especially the part where the the storage lid cracks me in the noodle. man, I need to get the hydraulic arm things replaced......

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sawyer
Reply #1 - 05/15/06 at 04:12:07
Quote Print Post  
Good report.  Thats funny, you two have too much fun  Wink

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/15/06 at 15:39:19
Quote Print Post  
That was some funny stuff you getting cracked in the head and all. Nice commentary and sponser plugs. Roll Eyes All I can say is bring on the next couple weekends! 8) Get 'R' Done.

Carlos

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/15/06 at 16:32:30
Quote Print Post  
Yeah we are no professional film crew. We have a lot to learn about noise pollution and filtering. Seems you could hear the words from the partying people's radio better then my vioce when I talked. Fun stuff though. "Join us for another episode of Western Angler....."

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/15/06 at 16:39:50
Quote Print Post  
Western Angler...ROTFLMAO Grin I love it! BTW I thought we did alright for first time and all.

Carlos 8)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/15/06 at 19:24:10
Quote Print Post  
Bring it in on Thursday for the entertainment! Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/15/06 at 19:59:28
Quote Print Post  
We'd need a TV and VCR. I'll see what I can do. We did get good footage of how to work over a bedded bass that is reluctant to strike. You should see the bait control as I fired 20-30 flips and pitches right to this thing before he stuck it. Pretty cool.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #7 - 05/16/06 at 02:47:00
Quote Print Post  
POOR BASS!  You guys are "meanies". Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/18/06 at 06:54:18
Quote Print Post  
i stuck a 3 lb and a 2 lb smallmouth and 3 dinks there last night. the 3 gave a couple cool jumps, no footage though. filming take practice, i did a bunch of filming last pheasant season and only got a little bit of good stuff. most of it was garbage.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/28/06 at 08:30:54
Quote Print Post  
After a scorching Sunday, my buddies and I went to Sawyer for our first night fishing trip.  We fished from around 9pm to about 12:30am and one of my buddies landed a 1lb smallmouth and I ended up with one that's about 3lbs and the other around 2.5lbs to go along with some dinks.  The first one hit a jig/plastic combo, my first fish caught on a jig and the rest came from a black spinnerbait.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/04/06 at 00:32:00
Quote Print Post  
Went out to Sawyer again last night and nailed a 2lber or so along with a few 1-1.5lb fish.  Lost two nice size fish at the boat. Angry

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/05/06 at 23:56:00
Quote Print Post  
I too was out there Sunday night.  Only managed 3 fish.  My girlfriend caught a small LM and I caught a SM dink and one that went about 2.5 to 3 pounds..  While he wasn't all that big he put up one hell of a fight.

We didn't catch a thing after it got really dark.  I have to admit that I haven't had much luck at all on this lake after dark.  Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I just can't seem to manage much after it gets really dark.

-jw

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/06/06 at 01:31:04
Quote Print Post  
Jwalzer,

I don't believe you are doing anything wrong. I to have fished there several times after dark with little to no success. I just believe it is one of those lakes that shuts off after dark.
Russ

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/06/06 at 03:27:22
Quote Print Post  
That's weird because I catch most of my nice fish after it's pitch black.  I've only had one night that I didn't get one bite at night.  I'll be back out there next sunday with the full moon.   I like to go when it's really hot out and all the skiiers and boaters are out forcing the fish into deeper water.  Then when it cools they'll be out feeding.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/06/06 at 13:03:07
Quote Print Post  
I've noticed when fishing at night that they don't bite well right after it gets dark. Usaully takes about two hours before they will start to bite again. This has seemed to be true on different lakes and ponds here and when I was in California. Maybe it's just me not figuring them out for a few hours, but that's what I have noticed. The best bet is probably a noisy bait, like a crank or even topwater.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo