Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) You won't believe this (Read 2934 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

You won't believe this
08/02/05 at 03:23:10
Quote Print Post  
On day one of the J&J, Keri and I limited and culled on "our spot".  Of course, we had to weed through the dinks to get 5 fish over 8" LOL!  Like many people, we had a few gut-hooked fish, but managed to get the hook out without hurting them... except one.  This little dude sucked up Keri's Senko and swallowed the hook in a heartbeat.  Rather than hurting him, I snipped the line and let him go.  After awhile, we moved on and fished other spots...little tyke a distant memory.

Next day, so there we were, fishing "our spot" on Banks on day 2, weeding out the dinks again, when I caught yet another dink on a topwater bait.  As I removed his impaled face from the lure, I noticed something hanging in his mouth. 

Curious as to what they were munching on, I pryed open his mouth to take a look.  There, to my astonishment, was the Senko!  I couldn't believe it - the same little dude!  This time, the hook had worked its' way out a bit, so I was able to remove it without any bleeding, then I let him go - and I got the Senko back!

How wierd is that?!  It was like he came back to say, "Uh guys, you forgot something".  Talk about service!  LOL!

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: You won't believe this
Reply #1 - 08/02/05 at 03:37:14
Quote Print Post  
Too funny!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/05 at 04:45:34
Quote Print Post  
Thats awesome.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/02/05 at 04:58:43
Quote Print Post  
Also in the weird catagory...Ron Hankinson took over the duties as T.D. as I was down lake retrieving my boat and Jill......another story.......
and poor Ron took a Spike Shot from a fishes Dorsal Fin in his arm and...get this...it hit an Artery and started squirting blood all over the place! Tongue Cry Angry

FISH 1
ANGLERS 0

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/02/05 at 05:06:21
Quote Print Post  
what the heck happened this weekend?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/02/05 at 15:09:39
Quote Print Post  
Sure Larry,  never a medic around when you need him.  HAHA.  Hope Ron has a Doc check that wound as fish slime is pretty bad.

On the weird side,  I was looking at the bill of sale for my boat and realized that the thieves took it exactly one year to the day that we picked up the boat. Shocked

Do not touch your dial, we have control of the horizontal....

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/03/05 at 20:03:25
Quote Print Post  
I would hate to lose the initial content of this thread as it is humorous to the public but I can remove the entries mentioned and suggest the "other" conversations move to the members only section. Larry / Admin.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/03/05 at 23:16:06
Quote Print Post  
The week-end was full of fishy oddities.  Caught smallies over 40 feet of water with a jerk bait that dives to four.  Caught smallies that were spitting up caddis all over the livewell.  Still nursing smallie spine injuries all over my hands.  Gosh what a great time...

Kirk

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/06/05 at 20:30:28
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,
Neat coincidence. 
I've had a few fish hooked where I either had to leave the hook or remove the soft plastic to get at the hook better.  Either way, try pulling out the soft plastic bait with your needle nose pliers. Usually it will slide up and off the hook leaving the fish still being able to eat and usually you can remove the hook then via the gill opening.
Mark

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 08/07/05 at 04:07:24
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Ron took a Spike Shot from a fishes Dorsal Fin in his arm and...

Well, look at the bright side, it could've been worse:
http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/30/news/story4.html
Shocked

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/07/05 at 16:51:27
Quote Print Post  
OUCH!!!!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/07/05 at 21:31:55
Quote Print Post  
Geez,  wasn't it Larry just a while back crying about the hook in his hand? Wink

I am really glad that I try to keep the boat between me and the water! Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo