Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Riffe Weights? (Read 21062 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Riffe Weights?
06/13/05 at 19:09:35
Quote Print Post  
My guess for the winning weight a whopping 15lbs.

Whats' your guess?? Well maybe if they are spawning I will add a couple of pounds, but that is pushing it.

Good Luck to all.
Russ

IP Logged

Got 2 Small Bags
Ex Member

Re: Riffe Weights?
Reply #1 - 06/13/05 at 19:20:48
Quote Print Post  
19lbs 9 oz.

Daryl

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/13/05 at 21:17:46
Quote Print Post  
I saw fry in a stump at 14 ft. The dinks we were catching were spitting up fry. The temp down there was 59-61 degrees. I think the spawn is over. I would be glad to get 15 pounds after the bite on Sunday.

IP Logged

trackerpt175
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/13/05 at 23:16:42
Quote Print Post  
sent the check in for membership so i will be fishing riffe.  I fished sunday and also saw fry.  Not sure if the spawn is over or not didnt see any beds.  I think someone will find fish, how about an even 20lbs.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/13/05 at 23:25:37
Quote Print Post  
Hey if the bass aren't biting you can allways fish for silvers. Maybe the club should lower the size limit on this lake since there are so many dinks caught during this tourney. Hope its better for all this year. Its a tough lake to figure out and fishes to small for me.
RB

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/14/05 at 00:21:15
Quote Print Post  
Shannon and Mike watched people pull fish after fish off the fishing bridge earier in the day. Then later he took me for ride in the boat and we cruised back there and watched them again. Tons of fish caught. We should add silvers to the species... Tongue

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 06/14/05 at 01:50:39
Quote Print Post  
Keri and I were there both days.  The whitecaps and driving rain kept us off the lake on Saturday.  On Sunday, we caught a few dinks and one keeper.  Tongue Tongue

Guess the Kokonee were slamming baits, though!  LOL

15lbs is pretty generous for this lake.  Hate to say it, but 9lbs will probably win it.  If the winner is fortunate enough to catch a nice kicker, then make it 12 -13 lbs.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/14/05 at 01:53:47
Quote Print Post  
Forget the fishing kids event! You got to get down to that bridge over the Cowlitz. The people were elbow to elbow across that thing and slaying them. They were pulling them up like crazy. I almost went up there and tried it. The best part is watching a silver getting pulled twenty feet up to a bridge only to shake off and free fall back to the surface.... SPLASH!!!! Then the crowd kinda grunts out of pain for the fish. It was something else.

Does anyone know if they catch them like that all the time. Or is there a run of them?

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 06/14/05 at 02:15:01
Quote Print Post  
Although it is not my favorite lake, I think it will take around 17 to win it obviously weather depending.  Needless to say it can be very nasty there.  I have been there when 10 a day wasn't unheard of though.  It will be very interesting to see.  Sarge, what do you think? Shocked

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/14/05 at 03:07:49
Quote Print Post  
I too was there on Sunday and the biggest was 3-2 and my three other keepers were 3 to 4 pounds combined...thustly......16-18 pounds.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/14/05 at 13:52:14
Quote Print Post  
Oh how short are memories are.........  This lake sucks Angry, always has always will......  If we are really lucky and Lyle and Brian run into the mother lode my guess is right there with Glen 9 - 10 lbs for a win in two days of angling.  Quality fishing there baby. Undecided  Instead of adding coho to the species list, maybe we should expand the type of lures we can use.  Can anyone say TNT treble's........... Grin  Or how about lowering ourselves to using nightcrawlers with a bobber.

Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/14/05 at 16:20:58
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

I was being optimistic on my guess. I hate it to, even though I have won on there a couple of times. It fishes way to small and is a dink fest, why we continue to fish it remains a mystery. Maybe its that Lyle thing? Go get em Lyle, I know you love this lake. Its just not for me.
RB

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/14/05 at 19:24:05
Quote Print Post  
And for those that are going to fish this event, remember one piece of good advice-The Wind Is your Friend. When the wind blows the bite normally turns on, heck just ask Dave Jarrell how many limits of smallies we took during an event there just 5-6 years back or Lyle Logston.
Good Luck to All,
Russ

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/14/05 at 21:47:37
Quote Print Post  
Terry,

Thanks for the memories bud. My guess? 1 pound 9 ounces to take home the gold. Wait... I was just reciting my best weight EVER from that lake.  Grin

I love Bee-Yoo-TEE-Ful Riffe Lake.  Roll Eyes

Chris

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/14/05 at 22:09:29
Quote Print Post  
Mike-
No they don't catch them there like that all the time the Silver's are on from about late May till December. Then they pretty much shut down. By the way don't ask me how I know. Wink

I'm thinkin' someone will find some fish in the tourney. Winning weight 17-4. I can't believe I'm saying this but I sure hope the wind is coming down that lake.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo