Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Idea for fish-in in July..... (Read 5605 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Idea for fish-in in July.....
06/03/05 at 03:31:57
Quote Print Post  
Hey club.....with the low numbers at the Jamborree and after coming off a tournament at Riffe lake..(west side tourney) I am proposing a trip to Banks lake for a two tier reason.....give some pre-fish for Roosevelt and give something back to Coulee Playland for us not using our reserved sites at the Jamborree......now this is a long way to go but the fishing should be great with three waters to sample....Roosevelt....Banks and Rufus Woods below Grand Coulee........Some folks have asked about how to fish those waters and with ride sharing and the same standard of no one left on the bank we can make this happen............
so had'ya think? sound good?......
maybe an opportunity to night fish topwaters for smallies?........
weekends of July 9th-10th?
16th-17th?
23-24th?
This again is just an idea and an opportunity to keep a good thing going.
Lets hear bout it!
Larry.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Idea for fish-in in July.....
Reply #1 - 06/05/05 at 21:37:57
Quote Print Post  
Great idea Larry!  The largie bite should really good by then.  Sounds like a blast.  Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/05 at 23:03:06
Quote Print Post  
Larry and I even discussed turning this trip into the July fish-in. Now I now that is way, way out of the norm, but we have been trying new things this year and things have been working out. This decision is based soley on your thoughts. This is your club and functions and we can do whatever we want as a group.

This will give a chance to those that don't get to fish these lakes out of a bass boat. The no-one left behind theme will apply. When you car pool and split expenses it really won't dig in the pocket. It's a matter of weekend time more than anything. I would have to see if I can still pull it off with the family yself, but would love to try it.

Let me know what you think. If not we will stick to a local lake (within a few hours).  

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #3 - 06/06/05 at 03:54:21
Quote Print Post  
I'd like to see the actual fish-in stay over on this side of the mountains. I can't often pull off another weekend as far as time and $ goes, but I can almost always make the half or full day for a local fish-in.

I think that it would cool to have another weekend for the Banks Lake thing, but I think the folks who are able to go would make it more of a group pre-fish instead of an event for the same folks that could go to a local fish-in.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/06/05 at 14:23:40
Quote Print Post  
Larry/Rob,

I will be over this weekend on Banks/Roosevelt with the family and some friends. Hope to see ya out there.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/06/05 at 18:25:53
Quote Print Post  
We won't be out there this weekend. We will be at Tanwax. Have fun though.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/07/05 at 15:44:01
Quote Print Post  
Are we not staying at COulee Playland anyway for the Roosevelt Tournament in July??  Hmm....

Kirk

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/08/05 at 04:53:08
Quote Print Post  
Some will Kirk and if some are please log in here as I can let Hal know....I know of two couples motelling it. Larry.

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 06/08/05 at 15:20:14
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

You can put the LOGston's down for one site for the July Tourney and we are also game for going over one of the weekends before for some pre-fishing (this is assuming of course that we may have our boat back by then!)

Andrea

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/08/05 at 23:13:55
Quote Print Post  
Sure, you can let Hal know that we will be there.   
Kirk

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/09/05 at 03:59:09
Quote Print Post  
Paige and I will be there too.  Put us on the list also!

thanks

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/09/05 at 04:06:01
Quote Print Post  
Larry, My wife and I will also take a site at playland. Do I need to contact them as well? Thanks "The new guy Jack"

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #12 - 06/09/05 at 04:58:15
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Samantha and I will be with you at the Grand Coulee and Center Lodge Motel. (In our own room).

A/C, baby.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/09/05 at 15:47:35
Quote Print Post  
Hal at Coulee Playland has the same sites set up for the Jamborree and I will call him right now and let him know it is gonna be 6-7 sites so far.......for overflow.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/10/05 at 05:47:24
Quote Print Post  
Maybe this topic should have a different title and move to Tournaments. Like Jack & Jill.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo