Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Taidnapam (Riffe) Reservations. (Read 5631 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Taidnapam (Riffe) Reservations.
04/25/05 at 18:54:39
Quote Print Post  
Tacoma Power has changed some things and you will have to go to their site or call the reservation line to reserve sites....they want the entire amount at reservation per site...it is $22.00 per day and a $7.00 reservation fee.....so $51.00 for the weekend of the 24th and 25th of June........
www.tacomapower.com
1-8 8 8-campout----1 (8 8 8 ) 226-7688
I have some more calls into them for why the late notice...but the site shows lots of openings.......will be calling those not on the web...Larry.
p.s. I will be in site #36.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Taidnapam (Riffe) Reservations.
Reply #1 - 04/25/05 at 19:05:59
Quote Print Post  
P.S......they have sites avail. but going fast...we can get two vehicles in most sites so get them quick!!!...Larry.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/25/05 at 21:07:26
Quote Print Post  
Larry,  I got site #2.  It looks like it has a couple extra tent sites on it.  I don't know what they charge for an extra tent area but am open to company.

Rich

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/25/05 at 22:24:25
Quote Print Post  
Rich

Each site can have up to 8 people, but they charge $10 dollars per night for extra vehicles.

Daryl

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/30/05 at 04:41:03
Quote Print Post  
Just got off their site. No sites available except 3 that don't allow tents. Did the club quit making reservations? If so, the word needs to put out to fend for yourselves and plenty of notice needs to be given!!!!!!!!!
Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/30/05 at 05:30:03
Quote Print Post  
Mark we do if the campground does not want the full amount for deposit....Tadnepaum wanted the names of the renters and the full price for two days up front. I do not know who is going till the day of the event.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/01/05 at 08:07:30
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
Maybe the club should put this info in the newsletter way ahead of time. This must have been known by some but now it's to late. First I heard about it. Last I heard, you had cancelled the tourney at Riffe for fear of low water.
Mark

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/01/05 at 14:56:59
Quote Print Post  
He told us we were good at Riffe at the meeting last month. Andrea also made a good point about the water about it not being as low as expected. I don't think you were at that meeting.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/01/05 at 22:02:44
Quote Print Post  
My point exactly Rob!!! If a member can't get to the meetings, he/she doesn't receive any info untill it's to late. Last years Jack and Jill is an example and the upcoming Riffe is another.
What about Potholes? Do we have to make our own reservations? If the club made some, what campground are they at?
What about the rest of the upcoming tournaments? What campgrounds are we using? Launch sites? This info needs to be put out way ahead of time so we can make our own reservations unless the club is going to take care of it and if that's the case, that info needs to be put out in the newsletter also.
At $2.50 per gallon for gas and a 1 1/2 hr round trip drive in traffic for a meeting on the Thursday night that is the only day we can pack for the tourney to be able to leave after work the next day is out of the question for some of us.
Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/01/05 at 23:47:02
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

We are at sportsman for the holes event, same camp ground as the open. Larry has about 12-15 spots reserved for us. Yes it is always good to make your own reservations ahead of time.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/02/05 at 00:19:49
Quote Print Post  
I would guess if members can't make the meetings then they should ask someone ahead of time. The information isn't gonna knock on your front door. I'm not trying to argue with you Mark, I'm just being realistic. I don't want to see someone like Larry taking heat when he puts extra effort and time into the planning as it is. If info isn't in the newsletter your looking for and you can't make the meetings then ask. He has gave camping info on all this year's tourneys.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/02/05 at 00:23:01
Quote Print Post  
Also as I stated....tacoma power who runs the campground recieved our application sent in January was not sent back till this month with a note to use the internet or phone to register......

best laid plans......

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/02/05 at 01:44:19
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget, if you can't get into Taidnapam, you can still camp free at the Cosmos launch, there is a private campground down on the river below Riffe, the other campground at Mossy Rock, and some motels, I think. Not handy, but do-able.  Undecided 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #13 - 05/02/05 at 02:30:34
Quote Print Post  
In the future I would like to see the needed information for camp grounds, where we are putting the boats in the water and other information needed in the news letter a month before is at all possible. This would much help those who are not at meetings and want to fish .

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/02/05 at 05:19:44
Quote Print Post  
"The information isn't gonna knock on your front door. "

No, but it would be nice if it was in my mail box once a month.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo