Normal Topic Spinnerbait sites? (Read 2918 times)
Mike_W
Ex Member

Spinnerbait sites?
03/24/05 at 06:19:56
Quote Print Post  
Spent most the night looking on line for a site that sells the components to spinnerbaits. I am looking for blades, swivels, o-rings, skirts, pretty much everything. The one thing that I learned last year was the blade size and color matters. It is easier to change them to buy every color/size combo out there.

Also has anyone heard of Gobys? I guess that they are a soft drop shot bait. I had a client that tourny fished the great lake and swears by them.

Mike

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: Spinnerbait sites?
Reply #1 - 03/24/05 at 06:48:50
Quote Print Post  
Mike, you know who to call for answers about tackle.  I'm taking this one personal.  I just not feelin' the love anymore, you must have "lost that lovin' feeling."  Try JannsNetcraft and by the way you off my X-mas list!

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/24/05 at 07:54:10
Quote Print Post  
Mike,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I just bought some plastics from www.ebait.com including a 4" dream goby....looks like a goby/sculpin mold. I haven't used them yet, but I'll be giving them a try this season.

Danny

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/24/05 at 14:36:47
Quote Print Post  
Charlie's Tackle sells a goby/sculpin bait. You can get them at Sportco. They have green labels.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/24/05 at 15:41:02
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mike,  check out Barlows.com  They have a bunch of stuff for making your own "whatevers" Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/25/05 at 03:37:12
Quote Print Post  
Thanks all.

I have never seen the Gobys before. I just heard about them. I have seen the sculpin baits. They have the fins that stick out. Lots of line twist. Bad fins. He told me that they were a drop shot or split shot rigged bait. Bigger head, slender body that taipers to a tail.

Doug. I am speechless. To take me off the xmas list. I think that you have gone too far. You know that I need you.

I maybe SOL on a boat for some time. The Ficht was not feeling well so I took it to the overpriced docter. He said something about the #2 cylinder not showing up for work. I think I see a new boat in the near future.

Mike

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/25/05 at 05:32:02
Quote Print Post  
The goby one I'm talking about doesn't have fins.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo