Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where to now? (Read 11385 times)
Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Re: Where to now?
Reply #30 - 07/02/04 at 17:21:39
Quote Print Post  
Thanks all,  for the encouragement and support.   Wink

Now all i have to do is get another boat!  Embarrassed

I do like some of the lake sellections coming out.  I hope that when its time to pick lakes we will have a good idea what lakes will be new, fun, and productive to choose from.  I hope all of the above!

Dave

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 07/02/04 at 17:35:26
Quote Print Post  
HoW about a change to the way lakes are picked, to make things a compromise between fishing known waters and striking out to new??

Here's my suggestion: feel free to modify the idea if you like, but at least give it some thought...

1) Make the Draw Tournment TD's pick of lake.

2) Make two of the points Tournaments "Draw for Lake" Tournaments. Everybody nominates a lake name for June and one for August, the list of nominations is then used for a "Draw" and that's the lake we apply for (we'd need a backup draw in case WDFW doesn't give us our first choice). This way, two Points Tourneys are decided by popular vote and two by random draw from what's left so we don't wind up fishing the same body twice in one year.

3) I'm in favour of keeping one tradition going - the Team "T" on Lake Wa, at the end of the season it's nice to have a "T" close to home. If late season weather demands calling it off, no biggie.

Does this look workable, or even desirable????

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 07/03/04 at 04:35:11
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys,

Larry, sorry not to respond specifically to your lake nominations, but I haven't really sat down and thought about next year yet...

Regarding who can fish the Jack 'n' Jill, read the past presidents' articles from July 2003 and July 2002. They can be found on the club website's front page. Both of them mention SPECIFICALLY that your Jill can be whoever the heck you want it to be. I've never heard anyone advocate otherwise. I know people have already said this, but I thought I would mention the articles to be fair to past board members.

Fleece out,
Chris

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #33 - 07/07/04 at 13:25:34
Quote Print Post  
Chris is right, there is not a stipulation anywhere that states that it has to be husband and wife. It can be a father and daughter, or Mother and Son. The main thing is they have to be a paid member with the club.

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 07/09/04 at 13:45:40
Quote Print Post  
I emailed the WDFW about permits to see if it was anyway possible to obtain them for a team division. Some sounded interested in the idea. Hear was the reponse.            

"Thank you for your email correspondence to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) Fish Program, regarding  fishing contests. 

It is not possible for your club to increase the number of permits it receives per year.  Your club will have to make the decision whether or not a particular contest will be at the team or individual level.

In the past, organizations have attempted to manipulate the system by splintering into subgroups to obtain more permits.  The end result was the same group of individuals getting more permits.  There is no
acceptable "way around it".   Therefore, we carefully monitor the applications we receive, and work from a equitable, fair, and efficient system........

I guess those that didn't want to entertain the idea got their wish. For you others,...I tried to get something started. 

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 07/12/04 at 07:03:10
Quote Print Post  
Faz, Remember "Liability"?
Besides, why would anyone want to take out a stranger just for the hell of it? These guys are talking about fishing with friends, club members they like.
RC

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 07/12/04 at 14:01:33
Quote Print Post  
Taking out strangers... seems a good way to recruit members and get more people interested in the sport. Each individual would deal with the liability issue... and as was previously suggested a waiver could be used.

Just an idea..... good to see opinions coming out.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 10/04/04 at 20:33:42
Quote Print Post  
Has the team tourney always been on the West side?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #38 - 10/04/04 at 22:24:55
Quote Print Post  
Yes.  It originally was a 1-day tournament exclusively for Ambassadors and their ambassadees - sort of an end-of-year competition to test newly gained skills against other Ambassador/Ambassadee teams.  The 1-day duration somewhat dictated a closer location. 

That morphed into a wider, team format that you see today.  But until recently, it was always a 1-day event.  I think last year was the first year it was a 2-day event.  Can anybody confirm?

Personally, I would have liked to have had this year's teamer on Potholes (75 degree weather, little boat traffic, and better fishing).  On the other hand, it was a nice change to be able to go home each day too.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 10/04/04 at 22:54:34
Quote Print Post  
Thanks. I'm glad it's a 2 day event (though we would have had 2nd if it weren't). I think it brings out better anglers. You have to perform for 2 days. I figured they kept it on the West side so more could attend since it seems like majority of us live here. I wouldn't ind where it was. It was nice to get a chance to pre-fish for a change.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 10/06/04 at 20:17:06
Quote Print Post  
Here's another idea for brave anglers.... a couple of years ago they held an International Tournament between the best US anglers and "the rest of the world". The night before blast-off the TD gave each angler ONE Plano tackle box, that was all the tackle they were allowed for TWO DAYS!!! That seems like a cool test - lure selection becomes critical, there are no refills and no borrowing from the other angler in the boat.

What to choose??? Soft plastics would give you quantity, maybe just a couple of hard baits....one would definitely have to put serious thought into the selection and packing of the box. All lures and terminal tackle have to fit, and the box must close.

Worth a try?? maybe a test run for next years Draw Tourney. I'm not suggestnig the club supplies the empty boxes, just that anglers restrict themselves to one box each with no refills.

6c worth ( with inflation)

Faz

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 10/06/04 at 22:45:18
Quote Print Post  
Just give everyone a list of baits that are allowed (plastic and hard). Then the anglers can buy what's allowed on the list only. Would be kinda of neat, but don't count on it. Seems hard to try new things around here sometimes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo