Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where to now? (Read 11383 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Where to now?
07/01/04 at 01:57:58
Quote Print Post  
Hey folks....now that we are at the halfway point for the season we have to get our minds to thinking about the next years lakes........any ideas?
Try by month with an alternate and lets talk about 'em!

My choices are........
April-Draw............Lake Washington or Silver Lake.

May Points 1........Potholes or Lake Washington.
With Jamborree Memorial Day wknd.

June Points 2.......Chelan or Riffe Lake.

July-Jack-Jill..........Roosevelt or Potholes.

August Points 3....Col. Riv-Tri-Cities or Low. Col-Vanc.

Sept.Points 4......Lake Sammamish or Banks Lake.

Oct.Team Tourn....Riffe Lake or Lake Washington.

As you notice I have more West side selections this year as we have not visited them for points tournies for a couple years.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Where to now?
Reply #1 - 07/01/04 at 03:11:43
Quote Print Post  
The team tourney wouldn't be bad to hold on the Eastside. You have at least one person to split expenses with. I'd to see Chelan on there. What about new lakes that aren't on the usual schedule? Like I asked in another post, what about some of the other Columbia River Lakes? They seem big enough to spread out on. The may be good dog day summer lakes.

I think it would be cool if the club could expand and have a seperate "team" season on other weekends than the regular schedule. You could have a team tournament director to take the load of the reg. director. I know it would probably never happen, but would be sweet.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/01/04 at 10:42:46
Quote Print Post  
The only problem we have had is school is back in session in Oct. and the fall school sports has got folks staying close to home but, put some names out there and we'll see.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/01/04 at 13:06:58
Quote Print Post  
Well I hear ya. School sports are where all my overtime comes from. I just don't know the lakes good enough to say which one is better in a season than another.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #4 - 07/01/04 at 14:08:26
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys and gals,
  Let us not forget that WBC is only allowed 7 permits a year which is the normal reason that these things get shot down.  The only way to get around this would be to go under another name to get another 7 permits a year and then, is it really WBC putting the event on?  Food for thought.   EX PREZ

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/01/04 at 15:23:04
Quote Print Post  
Hey thats a great point that I overlooked. Thats why we need you ole dogs to hang around. There might be a way around that. I'm not sure what the state statue is on the permit deal, but maybe if it's a seperate series of tournaments like a team curciut would be, then maybe its possible. ???? I'll do some research. I was just wondering how many would really enjoy a team circuit. Has there been people interested in the past?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 07/01/04 at 16:30:42
Quote Print Post  
Hmmm.... 2 tournaments and 2 fish-ins per month, plus club meetings, Jamboree, and Cast For Kids events?

Can you say "oversaturation"?  Not to mention the expense.

7 tournaments per year is plenty for a family orientated club.  There's plenty of open circuits and tournaments out there for you if you have a thirst for more.

As for picking lakes - it's a bit early to be thinking about that for me.  We don't vote on it until October anyway.

Just my .03

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/01/04 at 17:20:10
Quote Print Post  
Its never to early to think about next years lakes. Heck thats why there is this great forum to discuss other opportunities. In fact I will really throw this club a challenge.

Think this for a moment:

Pick a new lake for a tournament-  Establish a"No Prefish" Rule and then go fish that lake. Yeah, I can just hear it now. The old salts who think they are a legend in their own minds are saying , No way!! Now, Lets see how really good you are.

I think it would be a good challenge for all of us, and you never know that old salt might learn something new.
My 2 Cents,
RB

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/01/04 at 18:14:25
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

Sounds like a similar format to the new E-50 series.... fishing off-limit water until the tourney begins... I love it! What better way to test your fish finding abilities than hold a tournament on a virgin peice of water. I'm sure everyone would learn alot, and have fun as well. Great suggestion!

Danny

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/01/04 at 18:24:40
Quote Print Post  
Well it does sound like a lot Glenn, but I haven't seen an oversaturation of members at the fish-ins. Most of us spend money to fish on weekends when club functions aren't going anyhow. I don't think the expense would kill people, especially since you could split with a partner. There could be a one time fee to enter the season instead of $20 per "T". I know many of us could enter other tournaments, but we fish with this club because we enjoy the members. I was looking at some old WON team tournaments standings my old man use to fish and thought it would be fun if there were people intersted. I guess you would be out.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #10 - 07/01/04 at 18:53:15
Quote Print Post  
Hard to "split costs" when your partner is your wife.

My point is, there's more to life than tournaments.  It be great to see original ideas, rather than more tournaments, different lakes for tournaments, or changes to tournament rules.  Now THAT'S a challenge!  If you want the club to do more, then do something new other than tournaments - what a concept.

You're right Rob, if this club focuses only on tournaments, I'm out... of the club, that is.  I mean, really, at that point the club becomes just like all the rest - offering nothing but tournaments and heated debates about tournaments.  B-O-R-I-N-G!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy our tournaments but sheesh, if we're going to add something, I'd like to see this club offer a more diverse menu rather than more of the same thing.

Just my .82
« Last Edit: 07/01/04 at 20:03:15 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/01/04 at 19:59:40
Quote Print Post  
Im with you rob and russ .  If i have the  time and money im out fishing.  And i am deffinately interested in new lakes.  Fishing cheap team tourneys would be fun with western bass members,  Rob.  Just more of a reason to hang out with the club and to split costs. 

Since people dont (want) you to fish the jack and jill with your daughter.     I wont  fish it because my wife doesnt want to go but my daughter does.  This blows off a whole month with the club as far as tourneys are concerned for me.

My two cents worth!

Dave

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/01/04 at 20:53:20
Quote Print Post  
I wouldn't even care if there wasn't any "winning money" involved. I just like the thought of fishing "with" the guy in your boat rather than against them. Now sure we try to get our backseater a limit, but we still want to beat him. Be more fun working together. Thought it would be "fun" not so much "competitive" to team up with another partner and fish against some other pairs for bragging rights over a season or series of outtings. "Tournament" doesn't have to mean cut throat, money winning competition. It can mean a fun "challenge". Maybe I'm just getting jacked to fish my first team "T" with a club member that has been a pretty cool guy in the short time I've known him, that I thought it would be cool to challenge other teams more than just once a year.  

We wouldn't need a permit if it was for bragging rights...........

And sorry if the ideas are geared towards some kind of competition. I thought thats some of the reason you join a club. There's only so much you can do with bass fishing. Even the fish-ins are geared towards competition...big fish. But we don't complain cause its 2 dollars. The team cocept can be as expensive or as cheap as we want it to be. It's our club.

I mean you want to catch fish and see who can paint them the prettiest???

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/01/04 at 21:40:38
Quote Print Post  
"AMEN",

Now you boys are on the right track. You know I didn't get into a bass club just so I could poor concrete on my feet and stand in one place(Glen) I got into it to learn, make new friends and enjoy the fellowship of others. You know that I have been in many family oriented clubs that fished more than a lousy 7 tourneys a year(Big Deal) and had a great time. Glen I am concerned, you didn't get into the club just to learn one or two lakes did you?

You know you can have both it is just what you make of it. Who says you have to fish all tourneys any way. Heck, I have bagged the Jamboree and Jack and jill just to fish some other tourney anyway. Know one is knocking the current format of the club, just trying to throw out some new ideas.
RB

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/01/04 at 21:42:28
Quote Print Post  
I have been considering an idea, which is not a competition, but does involve getting out and fishing.

It might be a lot of fun for the club to approach companies and offer a "day-on-the-lake", where we get a bunch of members to show up with boats and take people from the company out fishing (perhaps for a $10 contribution, $5 for the gas and $5 for the club fund) and maybe have the company put on the BBQ. It would help edumacate the fishless, give the company a form of event for their staff, and maybe recruit new members to the club as well.

There could still be a competetive edge - which boat gets the biggest fish, or biggest 5 fish limit, perhaps Certificates issued......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo