Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where to now? (Read 11386 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: Where to now?
Reply #15 - 07/01/04 at 21:42:29
Quote Print Post  
I didn't realize that the Jack& Jill was limited to partners of the opposite sex and approximate same age.  Who came up with that limitation in a
FAMILY
club.  Sounds like its exclusionary rather than inclusive. If I had a daughter I would most definately fish with her as the wife only tolerates fishing.  Not only that she just barely tolerates me! Shocked
As for team tourneys, I wish that 100% Bass or WON had a circuit up here.  The idea of fishing 6 out of 7 tournaments either on one side of the Mtn or the other is not that much fun.  The current circuits need to break up their schedules a little more.  I'm thinking of fishing Angler's Choice next year as they spend a lot of time on the river on BOTH sides of the Mtn.  I would entertain the idea for a team circuit within the club confines however.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/01/04 at 21:47:25
Quote Print Post  
As for the Jack 'n' Jill, I'm not aware of any restriction that says you can't fish with daughter/mother/girlfriend etc.

I'll have another look at the Regs, but I don't recall any problem with the age difference, just that it was originally designed for "couples".... perhaps as a club we've come far enough to include relationships other than marriage....we do in the Couples division, people do fish with daughters and I see no harm there.

I'll check it out.

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/01/04 at 22:17:54
Quote Print Post  
im sure that its not in the rules to not have your daughter fishing with you on the jack and jill.

three years in a row by three different people i was told the same exact thing.  "the jack and jill is for couples that leave their children at home so they can have a weekend away from children and fish a tourney togather and have a good time with just other couples!"

I allmost quit the club over this, but the more i thought about it.  It doesnt really matter in the overall scheme of the club.   Its the best club out there hands down!
Let them have there peacefull little weekend to themselves!  Ill just take paige fishing somewhere else! Kiss

thanks for the support smitty and faz!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/01/04 at 22:35:16
Quote Print Post  
Didn't Ron H Break the rule on this one @ Riffe. Man thats a crock if someone of authority board member in the club didn't allow you to take your daughter and then decide to bend the rules for their own personal gain. I thought that Jack & Jill ment  husband & wife only. Maybe we should educate some of these members better ??  Or change the rules so that it applies to all-daughter, sister, wife, or significant other.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/01/04 at 22:57:11
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks for some of the support guys. Glenn, you wouldn't have to fish both series of tournaments. Wouldn't you rather fish a team circuit with your wife all year since she fishes every "T" with you anyway? What about the Father-Son combos? Bet they wouldn't mind fishing together.

No one said anyone would have to fish both. Some may want to win Angler of the Year and Team of the Year. It's just another option. We can except and try new ideas or p*ss on em. Obviously it wouldn't be worth the try if others don't want to try it. I was just throwing it out there. I would even do the leg worth to try and bring it together if there were enough members saying, "Yeah, I like that idea."

Peace, Love and bass fishing

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #20 - 07/02/04 at 00:56:37
Quote Print Post  
Already do.  It's called the "Couples' Division".   Cheesy

As for the J&J, I've never heard of any restriction.  I thought it was open to any m/f couple, regardless of relationship - especially since Ron fished with his daughter a few years ago.  Matter-of-fact, in that very same tournament, Keri & I fished it as a non-married couple (Gasp!).

Dave, you're more than welcome to fish with your daugher in my book.  In fact, I encourage it!  Smiley

Russ - your comments are not worth replying to.  Got a good laugh out of them, tho.  Grin

Love your idea Faz!  Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 07/02/04 at 01:19:52
Quote Print Post  
Well that was a waste of time....... Cry

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/02/04 at 01:49:00
Quote Print Post  
Hey sorry to take away from your original post Larry. Kinda went sideways. My opinion is I'm down to fish anywhere. You name it and when and I'll be there. Again this goes back to the post where I asked about some of these other Columbia River lakes, Umatilla, Entiat, Priest Rapids, and Pateros. Nobody responded to the other post. Either they are too good to talk about or too terrible...??????

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 07/02/04 at 02:09:31
Quote Print Post  
thanks alot glen.  I should have posted that years ago rather than speaking to a few people.  My fault!  If i have a new little boat by then you just might see me and paige! Grin

sorry for the tangent larry

silver draw
washington april  (i got 3rd in that last time Grin)
Potholes or roosevelt  May
snake river     june
tri cities or vantage august
whatcum sept  (top water haven)
team (sammamish never caught a fish there in the three times i fished it ,oops, but i will)

i didnt bring up the jack and jill to step on any shoulders just to bring up a little issue.  And i love the discussionson ON the site! Smiley    

I read an article the other day on dying clubs!  THE CLUBS THAT THRIVE ARE THE CLUBS THAT TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO FISH NOT CONCEAL THEM INDIVIDUALLY JUST TO WIN A FEW BUCKS!   THATS WHAT MAKES WESTERN SO GREAT Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: 07/02/04 at 17:11:51 by »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #24 - 07/02/04 at 02:57:40
Quote Print Post  
Well said, Dave!

I'm open to fishing anywhere.  Seems we always have a "new" body of water or two on the schedule each year, so you won't hear me whining about fishing the "same" places.

I say "new" only because over the past 16 years, I've fished club tournaments on a wide variety of lakes/rivers in Washington, so most aren't "new" to me anymore....except Tri-Cities - the club has never fished it since I've been a member.  It was truly new for me and I loved it!  Roosevelt has recently re-appeared on the list and it's been fun getting re-aquainted with it.  I'm looking forward to doing the same at Moses this year!

My only requirement is that we fish bodies of water that are healthy - the best tournaments are where everyone weighs fish.... like the tournaments we've had this year so far. (Banks had 30-some limits - can't complain about that!)

IP Logged

Hawkeye
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 07/02/04 at 03:31:34
Quote Print Post  
How about a Tournament on Duck Lake. I fished this lake for the first time a few weeks ago & the fishing was awesome!!!

Hawkeye,

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 07/02/04 at 04:51:34
Quote Print Post  
OH OH...Calm down Larry..take a deep breath..

O.K. Now LET HIM HAVE IT. Grin Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 07/02/04 at 05:12:44
Quote Print Post  
Ya Know..I was just saying to myself "Self, how about making the club some money.  And then self said " How can we do that?"

There was an article in the TNT today about the "squaw fish" bounties.  I know that I heard some of the other members talking about this a while back.  But I was thinkin', Hey it must be my turn to think by now, what if we, the club, went to whereever these here squaw fish are and had a tournament to see who could catch the most "squaw fish" and then turn them in for the bounty money and maybe donate it to the club.  Could even have some prizes right there.

Just think about 10-15 boats with 2 or 3 people fishing for these.  At $5 for each fish could be a gold mine.

I have never fished for these fish but I would be willing to give it a try.   And just think of what kind of a banquet we could have with a few hundred bucks more in the kitty at the end of the year.

Oh well, I guess I have used up my thinkin' time so ...so...hhmmm..can't think of anything else to say.

Good night Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are.

Rich Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 07/02/04 at 06:01:44
Quote Print Post  
Hawkeye, Duck Lake is awesome, unfortunately they (the City of Ocean Shores) has decided that they need a permit and copies of everyone's insurance a month in advance. 

Dave, you should take your daughter.  I've only fished a couple of the Jack n Jill's and I can't figure out why anyone would say that about the tourny.

I like the idea of fishing new lakes i.e. Billy Clapp.  My problem is time.  With family/school/work/money.  I can barely keep up.  I think we should fish the Lower Columbia (Kalama), and (Vancouver), Spokane River.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Hey Rich
Reply #29 - 07/02/04 at 15:59:40
Quote Print Post  
I have fished the Squawfish deal a couple of times and once you get the hang of it (like most fishing), you can pay for your trip fairly easily.

Oh and by the way that is "MR. Self" to you!!  Wink

As to a list of lakes:

April Draw:    Silver, Sammamish (Both are tough)

May Points:   Potholes or Tri-Cities (both red hot)

June Points:  Chelan or John Day (both new water)

July Jack & Jill:  Roosevelt (good weather and lots of fish)

August Points:  Lower Columbia (good bags here)

September Points:  Tri-Cities or Potholes (high potential)

October Team:  Washington (Should be Club Standard)

And Dave....Take your daughter fishing anytiime you feel like it,  & anywhere your or she would like to go.

High Fives to All
BillB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo