Normal Topic Rod Wrap (Read 3900 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Rod Wrap
01/26/04 at 21:26:14
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone used this stuff?  I picked some up at Sportco and was going to try it.  Any input?

Rich ???

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Rod Wrap
Reply #1 - 01/27/04 at 02:49:50
Quote Print Post  
A recommendation...for you only Rich....First...get the Big Roll and after placing the first starter wraps around your Neck...have an assistant wrap it tightly around your head...you will notice the effects immediately and as for us......Quiet Bliss!! he he he he he........ Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/27/04 at 02:50:32
Quote Print Post  
p.s. I think V-Man uses it....maybe Faz too! Cheesy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 01/27/04 at 03:09:53
Quote Print Post  
Nice one, Larry.   Wink

Rod wraps... do you mean those "socks", or are you talking about that "grip tape" you put on the handles?

I've been using the "socks" for years and years.   They don't protect the rods much, but sure do keep them from getting tangled!! 

An added bonus as a backseater - they keep the sun from deteriating the line on the rods you're not using.  Combined with reel covers, they make a huge difference in maintaining your line quality.

I still use rod and reel covers even in my rod lockers.  Just keeps things from getting tangled and all banged up - especially in rough water.

Now, if you're talking about the handle wraps, disregard everything I just said!   Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/27/04 at 05:11:04
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Computer Guy!....even with the 8000 Mhz Geek-Mobile he is still a Dork....Jeeeezzzzzz... Grin p.s. stil waiting to fish from the fantail of the Nimitz!!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/27/04 at 16:53:32
Quote Print Post  
I am talking about the "grip-tape" wraps.  I got several at Sportco and put them on some of my rods.  They were only about $3/each.  They come in several colors and s/m/l sizes, depending on the rod application.

No glue or anything.  They wrap around the butt and then continue up the handle.  They feel pretty good.  I have experienced times, wet or cold, when I almost threw my rod.  I think this will alleviate this problem.  And it doesn't take a "pocket scientist"  Shocked like Larry to apply them.  It looks like they can be taken off and re-applied several times.

Glenn,  I am going to order some of those "saks" for my rods also.  Any place better then others,  will probably use Pro-Bass.

Rich

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/27/04 at 18:57:28
Quote Print Post  
Instead of using the tape, I use a pair of those Kenai mitts with the Neoprene palms, even in warm dry weather...they fulfill two main functions for me:

1) whether wet or dry they grip well and since Neoprene has some give they are comfortable to hold all day long.

2) when handling fish/lures etc I have some protection against getting spiked by dorsal fins or hooks.

As for Rod Socks, I agree with Glenn and use them constantly, in the boat and truck. I have learned to remove them before going fishing if I am backseating since I have lost a few overboard by not paying attention where I put them after taking them off.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/27/04 at 20:03:44
Quote Print Post  
Good plan Faz.  I can imagine (well a long time ago Roll Eyes) how it would be to forget where you left your "socks".  Could lead to some embarrassing questions... Shocked

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo