Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) luck run amock (Read 9599 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: luck run amock
Reply #15 - 12/31/03 at 07:06:24
Quote Print Post  
Are you saying you're dating a giant Bigmouth?  or is that a Lunker?

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12/31/03 at 20:02:38
Quote Print Post  
Reading this reminded me of the a particularly rough launch at a Jamboree a couple of years ago.  Windy, choppy, lots of boats, you all know the deal.  Had the boat all of a month and am running past the first point at Banks with rods UNDER strap, unfortunatly the rod tips where facing the bow and the rod handle(s) slipped back far enough to allow the tip to come free of the strap.  Lost two brand new cranking rods and a split-shot rod.  NOT a good way to start.  I was tossing a crank bait with a pitching stick, catching two pound smallmouth the rest of the day, on twenty-five pund test, to boot.  Still angry about losing the rods, though.  Megan had said to me just prior to live well check, she thought that I should just wait to get out on the water and pull rods from the locker then.  Smart girl, goofy old man.
KH

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/31/03 at 20:10:25
Quote Print Post  
Yah Mark I understand that karma stuff...mine sucks! cuz I'm not dating Stephanie...or her sister! looking foward to meeting her on the 10th.
   sorry about your losses. now, I have lots of time!!!  If you want to go out with a camera and spend lots of time maybe we can change some of that neg. karma.
   Give me a call!  Really.  V-DUB-YA

Oh ps, Everybody and there dog bring your cameras and bouy markers to the fish-in Sat and we can run a grid search and cover alot of water.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/02/04 at 13:46:52
Quote Print Post  
In reference to Glen, I am not sure what to classify her as.  Definitely not a bigmouth.  More of a smallmouth variety.  Generally taller than most of her species, but not over weight,   So maybe a smallmouth rail fish might be more in order.

Mark

By the way guys, I didn't know I could be so "loved".....

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01/02/04 at 17:39:44
Quote Print Post  
Although, we as a club, promote Catch and Release.....we can see that you definitely have a Keeper on your hands! Nice Job Mark!! Grin

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 01/05/04 at 03:59:45
Quote Print Post  
Questions:  How deep of water were you in?  Could you pinpoint the general location?  The reason I ask is that I have located three separate G-loomis rods that "jumped" out of my boat in 60 feet of water.  Anyone who has an Aqua-vue underwater camera can help you if the water isn't too deep.  You throw a bouy and start circling with your trolling motor until you locate the rod lying on the bottom.  You take a wire hanger and make a hook and attach it to the camera and snag the rod and bring it to the surface.  It's worth a few hours of searching, don't you think?  Ofcourse if it's in 75 feet or deeper (most camera cables are this or shorter) then you're in trouble.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 01/05/04 at 06:07:43
Quote Print Post  
Rev,
  I lost the poles near Coleman pt in about 50 ft of water.  On the south side of Coleman if memory serves me well.  Thanks for the idea.

mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 01/06/04 at 02:12:29
Quote Print Post  
I for one, am availiable for a boat in this endeavor.....if someone has a camera or we could rent one!...."Quint...were gonna need a bigger boat!"

IP Logged

Larry G.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 01/06/04 at 02:47:18
Quote Print Post  
If you guys want, you can use my Aqua-Vu.
Larry G.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 01/06/04 at 06:37:13
Quote Print Post  
Once again! I'm in!...get me a back seat.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #25 - 01/06/04 at 13:38:10
Quote Print Post  
Fo a Cobra driver my Aqua-View is also available, although it is only a 60' cable. Undecided

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 01/06/04 at 15:33:40
Quote Print Post  
As I thought about it, I know I had my gps on and should be able to get pretty close to the spot where they went over board.  However, with this weather we are having, we might have to wait until the ICE clears off the lake to get to them.  Thanks for all the help and ideas.

Mark

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 01/07/04 at 06:38:00
Quote Print Post  
Just give all the word Mark! I think we all feel your pain. Undecided

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo