Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) fishing is the best medication! (Read 18673 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: fishing is the best medication!
Reply #30 - 01/31/04 at 02:41:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virg,
Been a wild a whooly week for ya (heck, for BOTH of us - but that's another story!).  I think it's time for you to hang loose and try to relax a little.  Nobody will look down upon you for not being at the fish-in. 

I think I speak for everybody in saying that we fully understand it's going to take awhile before you're back to 100%  -- Don't push yourself or you'll regret it. Nobody is pressuring you, so take it easy my friend.

"So I introduced myself as Chuck Pigue and gave them your home phone number..."  Gawd!  I laughed my ass off at that one!!  Good to hear you still have your sense of humor!!   Grin

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 01/31/04 at 05:40:24
Quote Print Post  
Well, now I have a good way to end the story! It's starts with Praise God!!
   Early this morning instead of calling in the on call endo team to do an upper GI study on carlee, we decided to go home and come back during today to do the test when the team was there.
   Meanwhile carlee went home and did fall asleep...in pain and very hungery and tired.  When she woke up we took her down to Valley and hooked her back up to her IV and gave her 2 ltrs. of juice and than took her down to Childerns hosp to meet up  with the endo team.
She drank the radio die, was put to sleep for the study and films.
   Carlee woke up for no worse the ware but still in pain! The the radiology team went to study the films to plan the sugery and fix the whatever it was they found in the CAT scan....now after 2 hours of cussing and discussing the picts they came back down to the ER where carlee had just told us not 5 min. before that her pain went away!! Were going no you are mixed up with the pain and hunger...she's saying no, the pain is gone and says look! and starts poking herself in the gut, dubbles up her fist and hits herself in the gut and chest and says see what I mean...it's gone!!!
   Now the specialest come down to discuss the findings with us but does not quite know where to start.
   He starts by saying that the team has studied the new films for two hours now and they can't find any eveidence that showes any problems anywhere. The docs just couldn't understand that the CT scan clearly shows "damage" "a problem" "something there that shouldn't" "we don't know what it is, but it shouldn't be there"...you could clearly see the telescoping and collapsing track with some objust that was on the outside of the track....films #2 which was going to give 110 % of the rest the story showed Zero,naghtta,zilch. He told us that he's not sure what to tell us, he could not explain it.
   We said that it was simple enough. Just 5 min. ago Carlee told us that the pain was gone, now your telling us that the emergence seems to be gone!!! we went on to tell him that by now we have about 300 people that we know of that is just spent some time in prayer, and that we now believe that the hand of God has once again touched our daughter and healed the problem and now it's like it's never been there at all. (yes Rev...you can use this this Sunday at church) He once again said that he wasn't sure what to tell us next. SOOO if we can make a suggestion, why don't we get Carlee outta here, get her something to eat, take her home for some rest, and if pains start up again we start over and take her back to her Doc....he said good plan an left.
   If you have never felt the power of prayer before or have seen it personally....thats what it looks like.
   Praise God my baby's safe!! thanks again everybody !  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 01/31/04 at 07:17:37
Quote Print Post  
Way cool Virgil Way cool!
Now go lay down and relax you've played dad now play like you are recovering from surgery and take care of you

Jim

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 02/03/04 at 07:21:26
Quote Print Post  
Wed-Thur looks might it might be nice enough to get out, any body going out??

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 02/04/04 at 07:31:47
Quote Print Post  
Still looking!! Would try and take myself out, but I don't have my truck fpr acouple weeks.VW

IP Logged

Rainyday
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 02/07/04 at 05:50:36
Quote Print Post  
I can't wait til I am better to go fishing, I stayed home from work all week, went to the Dr. today and told my boss I would try and be back to work on Monday.  Good luck fishing this weekend for all who go.
Rainy Day
Also congrats Virgil on your daughter's recovery.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 02/09/04 at 03:18:32
Quote Print Post  
WinkThankyou rainyday. Rainydays and Mondays always get me down.....but you seem alright ! V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 02/21/04 at 05:45:59
Quote Print Post  
EmbarrassedI'm looking for Sat the 21st and Sun the 22nd if anybody is empty backseated this weekend and next week as well . 243-854-8911

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 02/21/04 at 06:05:01
Quote Print Post  
Rainyday, You feeling better?

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 02/22/04 at 06:22:08
Quote Print Post  
Anyone got a back seat for Sun, 21st?

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 03/12/04 at 06:29:15
Quote Print Post  
It may be coming to an end....and I'm going to ask for your help one more time!!! I had a Dr. apt yesterday, and one today with my nero surgion. He once again scared the crap out of me. He's pissed that I won't go on perminate dissability and once again stressed to me how lucky I am and how bad off my back is, and promised me that I have at least one more surgery left to go...but it's up to me on when to have it.
   The next surgery I will be fitted with a 14 -16 inch cage around my spine from about my nipple line to my speedo line (sorry for the visual) most of the rest of my life should be a spectator sport. You know me, I like to help, I'm just asking you please don't ask me to help...I can get into enough trouble all by myself!!! So help me save myself from the stupid people...ME!
   On a better note, one year ago yesterday, I caught my biggest smallie ever...A 6lbs. 4 oz. moose. Today I took myself out as a atta boy for the (end?) of struggles of the last 3 months, Today I got a 6.2 smallie! YUP, got pictures.
   might go bact to work on Tue. Undecided just when the fishing is getting good.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/12/04 at 14:41:33
Quote Print Post  
Nice fish as usual Virg!! Grin....You Da Man!!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 03/12/04 at 15:03:29
Quote Print Post  
Virgil, there ain't no fish that BIG.  Unless you count Mortimer.

VW, you don't necessarily have to get out of the "helping out" business.  It is just like life.  You got to pick your battles.  Learn where your strengths are and where you cain't go.  And how to not hurt yourself.  Mentally or physically.  Here, take 2 of these and call me in the morning.  So saith Dr. Rich.

We all know how you like to help and really appreciate it.  But there always has to be a "Captain" or coordinator.  No leg work involved.  (Hey, I can do that!) Roll Eyes

Rich

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 03/13/04 at 05:44:04
Quote Print Post  
Well...not so fast vw.  I had my "back to work meeting" with the hospital today, and they won't let me come back to my job with the restrictions my Doc put on me, so now I'm not sure what will happen next.
   As I usually do when I'm bummed...I went fishing again. Found one fish worth 3, 14. Made everything all better...for now.
   Like I said Rich, I can get myself in trouble all by- myself, I don't think I can be just a spectator but I really do need to learn how to say no and it would be easyer
if people that know don't ask, I still have other people in my other life that know...but still ask. NO I won't help you move...I'm still in the hospital!!  DUH

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #44 - 03/13/04 at 05:48:01
Quote Print Post  
NIce fish Virg. Was that a trout that you caught? Any way there are many ways you can help. But most of all help yourself and dont over do it. There are answers and ways and I think you know where they are. Take care of yourself, Hang in there
Wink
Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo