Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) LAKE WA TEAM TOURNEY??? (Read 10782 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: LAKE WA TEAM TOURNEY???
Reply #15 - 09/28/03 at 03:43:37
Quote Print Post  
Wazzup Guys,
  What happened to our very informative and technical bass fishing web site?  Forget the casting competitions, we need a W.B.C. toughman competition!!!!!!!!  I know what the next topic of turmoil will be, wherre do we draw the line of HEAVYWEIGHT?  Look in the mirror, where do you weigh in?
                     PREZ

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/28/03 at 05:48:15
Quote Print Post  
Kirk is a very wise man.  If you had a star quarterback, would you keep him the game during the fourth quarter if you already had a insurmountable lead?  Why take a chance?  Anything could happen coming over here to fish; hang nail, blister on the thumb, getting rained on...
    I think we have focused on the informative, technical aspects too...  as far as informative, the bass all seem to be in the water that limits the search down a bit.  Technically using a rod and reel to get the fish out of the water and into the boat.  I think that covers most of it.  I imagine a bit over 20 lbs should do well in the standings.  I need to go tighten down a few rivets before next weekends kidney thrashing so I hope you guys can keep up with Team Panacea anchored by Cap'n Faz (don't wait up for me) ackerley.

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/28/03 at 21:01:33
Quote Print Post  
Hey Gang!!!

What's been happening?!!

I just got back from the Gulf Coast of Florida and after wearing myself out catching Kingfish, Spanish Mac's, Crevelle Jack's and oh ya...a 128 lb Tarpon, I am ready to start using lite gear again!

What is all this chatter and bragging about, you would think that some of you are foolish enough to believe you can actually catch fish on Washington.  Enjoy your day and then kick back and watch how the home boys do it.

I see my partner will be coming to the table with a sore thumb, (ouch that must have hurt real bad) but that is not going to slow us down one iota.  15 lbs a day is what I see and it won't be any of you guys!  Wink

Ya'll  (see how quickly a guy picks that up  Grin), is gunna get whuuupt. 

Ta, ta, see ya on the water!!!

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 09/29/03 at 03:26:23
Quote Print Post  
You speak the truth M'Man! And as for "Kidney Thrashin"  Doug is right, if next week has half the boaters out there I will be happy as today there was so much "Bounce Back" rollers that you could only get to 40 MPH without spearing one and then they would hit you from the side! Had to be one of the worst water days of the year for me but the Procraft kept the Kidney bleeding to a minimum......oh and for 6 fish today.....13-1/2 lbs......get ready! ..........

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 09/29/03 at 14:27:09
Quote Print Post  
I am still sticking by my 15-16lbs prediction.  Sure someone may find a pod of decent fish, but based on my past experience on lk wa, that is my sense.  And Sarge, I just wanted to give you a chance to fish for something other than second place.........................

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/29/03 at 14:36:24
Quote Print Post  
As a prognasticator, I did fare well for the same question for the Banks Tourney.  Just check my post under the Tourney posts, then read the results.  I recall reading post that said Banks was going ot kick-out bags over 25lbs.  The same folks are posting larger than life weight guesses again.  Just more food for thought........

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 09/29/03 at 15:12:09
Quote Print Post  
Hey, homeboys!!! Bill, I hope your arms aren't too tired from those Tarpon, and Larry, I hope your thumb is healing well, because after the prefishing Terry and I had on Sunday, we are going to need both of you to help lift our bags up to the scales!!! WHOOP WHOOP!  Grin Wink Shocked

Kirk - What can I say? I expected better smack talk from you, friend. But you do need to check your thesaurus because you spelled "prognosticator" wrong.

Are you coming over or what!?!?! I don't want a piece of ya, we want the whole thing!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/29/03 at 16:50:24
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris

My manly bulging biceps will be too busy with OUR bag to give you any help, but I will let my 7 y.o niece know you guys can use a hand!   Roll Eyes

BillB

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 09/29/03 at 18:36:20
Quote Print Post  
HEY YOU GUYS,
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THIS ONE QUESTION I POSTED.
BUT, I HAVE TO CHANGE MY WEIGHT GUESTIMATE, SINCE I PREFISED LAST SATURDAY AND SAW 40 LBS WORTH OF LARGIES AND SMALLIES IN THREE AREAS I FISHED. BRING IT ON THE BAKER/PAYSENO TEAM IS GOING TO WHOOP SOME YOU KNOW WHAT AGAIN THIS YEAR.
SOME SCHOOLING IS ALWAYS GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!
LETS SAY 30+++ THIS NEXT WEEKEND.
WHO EVER SAID 15 LBS OUGHT HAVE THEIR HEAD EXAMINED.
RB

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 09/29/03 at 19:38:48
Quote Print Post  
Chris,
Sorry about the spelling.  I dun gradiated in de sixt grade.............I reckon that that has to do with why I is chasin' basses.  I know you UW dawgs like to flex those anal muscles over every detail.  In fact, it surprises me when a dawg does know how to spell.  I suppose you did get some bang for your buck at Montlake U.  By the way, who missed SWEEPING the summer tourney's by one ounce this year?  And do I speak to you about my angler of the year jacket?  Hmmmm...........

And Russell, it was my prediction of 15-16lbs.  Though I am very lucid today, I have been known to bouts of delusion and therefore will stick with my original call.  I too, have seen the elusive 40lb sack swimming around, but putting them in the boat is a whole different matter come tourney time.  Anyway, seems as though we never see these bags at the scales..............

Love you guys,
Kirk
2003 Angler of the Year

So y'all have a dandy time, I will be officiating a football game on Saturday afternoon. 

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 09/29/03 at 20:33:32
Quote Print Post  
That's fine, Kirk!!! Beat up on a 2003 backseater all you want!  Tongue Wait until ol' Sarge is fishing out of his own boat again...

XOXO Hugs and Kisses
Chris

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 09/29/03 at 21:26:43
Quote Print Post  
Well, I felt that my testosterone had been challenged by my, "lack of smack talk" comment from you.  BTW, who is fishing the frostbite this year?

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/30/03 at 01:10:56
Quote Print Post  
KIRK,

CONGRATS THIS YEAR ON ANGLER OF THE YEAR. IT WAS WELL DESERVED, YOU EARNED YOUR STRIPES THIS YEAR. WE WILL MISS YA AT THE THE LAKE WA TOURNEY THOUGH. WAS HOPING FOR SOME REAL COMPETITION THOUGH EVEN THOUGH LYLE AND ARE WERE ONLY A POUND OFF LAST YEAR. IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT THE LAST THREE YEARS THE BAKER TEAM HAS DOMINATED 1ST,2ND AND A 4TH FOR THIS EVENT. I BELIEVE WE FINISHED 2ND LAST YEAR WITH OVER 18LBS AND 20+ THE YEAR DAVE JARREL AND I WON IT.
YES, COULD BE TOUGH IF THE WEATHER CHANGES THOUGH. I FISHED ON SATURDAY BELOW THE 520 AND SAW TWO FISH THAT WOULD HAVE GONE 15LBS BY THEMSELVES. HMM IF I CAN FIND THOSE FISH ON TOURNEY DAY I COULD MEET THAT CHALLENGE MR HOLMES.
WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE BEST!!!
RUSS

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 09/30/03 at 03:13:56
Quote Print Post  
Russ, Kirk and all the other more-experienced anglers....I have a question.

Just what kind of rig is most effective on Lake Washington when trying to hook a bag containing 40lbs of Bass,  I haven't seen any bags floating around..... only a few loose fish.

Tin is in.....

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 10/01/03 at 00:01:06
Quote Print Post  
FAZ,
IF BOB AND I GET TO FIND THOSE FISH AGAIN AND HOOK EM WATCH OUT. ONLY ONE PROBLEM IF I HOOK AND LAND THEM IT WILL BE SURGERY FOR ME AFTER THE TOURNEY-WITH MY SENKBO PROBLEM. AFTER LANDING THE 4-8 ON SATURDAY I WAS A HURTING KIND OF GUY. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE DONE IF I WOULD HAVE HOOKED THE 8+ I SAW ON SATURDAY.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE FISHIN THIS NEXT WEEKEND I HOPE IT IS GREAT FOR ALL AND IS A CLOSE TOURNEY.
RUSS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo