Normal Topic lake pateros (Read 919 times)
Troy
Ex Member

lake pateros
08/09/13 at 00:52:54
Quote Print Post  
Took a trip with the wife over to the pateros and entiat area this last week.  I fished the Entiat pool for one day out of Daroga state park and I never caught a bass.  Fished some awesome looking stuff and saw a few fish but never caught one.  Moved to Chelan for a day and struggle there to but did stumble across some late in the day relating to a massive school of bait.  Fished the Pateros pool for a day also and after making my way upriver past Brewster the river turns into a pretty hairy place to run if you don't know the channel.  I never hit anything, but had several scares where your running and all the sudden your in less then 10ft of water.  Launched out of Pateros and thought the river sucked until I made past Brewster.  Pulled up on one island point and caught the crap out of 2-4lbers.  Moved around for a few hours up there hitting current breaks catching quality fish nearly everywhere I stopped.  Pulled up on an island to swim for a bit and spooked some massive smallies out of literally three feet of water. I think the club needs to get up there one year.  While it is somewhat dangerous to run without a map, the fishing from what I've seen can be really good.  Its hard to drive by Chelan to go fish the river, but for a new venue I think it may be worth it.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo