Normal Topic Keeping Organized (Read 3177 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Keeping Organized
12/29/11 at 18:07:58
Quote Print Post  
So this coming year I plan on getting my gear slimmed down & more organized. Having 2 boats can be a pain as I have to move gear between them So slimming down not just my waistline in 2012 is on my radar.
I want to know what some of the members have found to be good systems. I have had problems with a few things
#1 being keeping my hooks they seem to work there way over the tops of the dividers & get mixed I have been using the Plano guide box it has snaps on 3 sides &  is water tight but the lay out is not great for hooks. See my photo.

#2 Weights I have lot of those & some are 1/16th & they also jump around I have only solved this by putting them in bags but it looks a mess & takes too long to get too them.

#3 Sinkos & Plastics I keep these in the bag as some of them have sent on them & I want to keep it scented. Bags don't fit in the divider boxes all that great.

I saw this on  TW today & I like the set up Not the bag I think that would be too small but the boxes he show on the video. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_FTO_Elite_Speedbag_4807/descpage-P4807.html

Lets also here from the back seat guys What do you do to keep it tight So your boater is not tripping over your stuff.

92_.JPG ( 50 KB | 219 Downloads )
92_.JPG

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Keeping Organized
Reply #1 - 12/29/11 at 18:13:50
Quote Print Post  
One thing I have found that works well is putting my drop shot hooks in one of these small fly boxes.

Fly.jpg ( 64 KB | 224 Downloads )
Fly.jpg

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 12/29/11 at 19:19:07
Quote Print Post  
I should post a picture of the bedroom I need to have organized by spring.  It's looked the same for almost a year now  Embarrassed  Organized I am not.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 12/29/11 at 19:33:11
Quote Print Post  
HAAAA I have seen your tackle Chris & I thought at the time it was organized. I guess not the same at home LOL
This looks like a good hook answer.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Hook-It_Adjustable_Hook_Organizers_4pk/descpage-H...

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 12/30/11 at 05:07:30
Quote Print Post  
Gallon zip lock bags are the best for storing/organizing senkos and plastic baits, just mark them with a sharpy.  There is a tackle wallet sold by a vender that I am hoping will be at the sportsmans comming up.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/18/12 at 03:49:26
Quote Print Post  
I went to individual little boxes last year for dropshotting and neko rigging stuff. Sure makes it easier to grab when re-tying. In tournament, I usaully slim down to specific baits I know I'll use on a specific lake. Focusing on stuff that I know for sure I wont throw on a body of water. This can be tough when junk fishing but helps when you have a few solid patterns locked down. I also bought a big Plano tub to keep things from being loose in the boat. Gloves, extra reels, line and extra bags of plastics. Also keeps them dry in the rain.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #6 - 01/30/12 at 22:32:38
Quote Print Post  
Well I am all done Took me forever to organize Never knew I had so much tackle I found lot of cool product's & was able to go from a huge tackle bag with 9 boxes in it to a smaller one with 6. I now have what seems like more stuff but it is stuff I use & I can find it  Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo