Normal Topic What scale to buy? (Read 3286 times)
karl7feet
Ex Member

What scale to buy?
10/13/11 at 04:07:09
Quote Print Post  
Hey everybody,

Just joined the club after attending last months meeting and was wondering what scale (that can be calibrated) and rulers you recommend and will work for our tournaments.  Your thoughts please.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: What scale to buy?
Reply #1 - 10/13/11 at 04:36:18
Quote Print Post  
What up Karl.  2nd tallest guy in the club here  Wink  I have had pretty good luck over the years with Berkley digital scales.  You can't calibrate them, they are pretty accurate right out of the package.  There are a lot of different choices when it comes to scales so hopefully you get more opinions.

As for rulers, I forget to measure almost all my fish.  I do keep whats called a Golden Rule in the boat with me.  It's similar to this: http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/tools-and-equipment/classics/ruler-22-al...

Tell you what, I'll give you a ruler free. (I think I have the 22"  Cheesy)  I found a bunch at Walmart years ago, and been meaning to sell them at our swap meets for almost nothing.  I'll do my best to remember to bring you one to the next meeting.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/13/11 at 05:22:09
Quote Print Post  
That sounds great Chris, can't beat free.  I thought I heard that the scales everyone was using were calibrated, but maybe I heard wrong.  Any certain model of
Berkley that anyone likes and for what reason.  Thanks for any input.  See you at next Wednesdays meeting!

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 10/13/11 at 16:06:39
Quote Print Post  
I use the Berkley scale also & its always dead on I think I paid about $20 for it.
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewberkleyscale.html

We certify the scale at the club meetings not calibrate them. Just to insure it is accurate

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 10/26/11 at 04:58:31
Quote Print Post  
Hi Karl,
Berkley scales have been the best for me too.  I've used several, and all have been quite accurate.  Here's the one I absolutely love: http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/tools-and-equipment/classics/grip-big-ga...

Easy-to-use, quick, efficient, accurate, and above all, the least harmful to the fish.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo