Normal Topic Hook removal via the bung hole (Read 2723 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Hook removal via the bung hole
05/11/10 at 21:12:44
Quote Print Post  
Ok not my hole the fishes hole I have caught fish that have line coming out there hole when I pull on it they sing a funny song  Cheesy JK When I pull on it I can see a bulge were it looks like the hook might start to come out I dont want to damage internals of the fish but I cant see how leaving it that way would be a good thing. Should you remove it ? Will the fish survive with it in there?

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Hook removal via the bung hole
Reply #1 - 05/11/10 at 23:16:57
Quote Print Post  
Definitely leave it alone. If you try to take the hook out, you're going to cause way more internal damage. The fish survived well enough to eat your lure, so the chances of it surviving are a lot higher than if you ripped its insides.

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/12/10 at 03:18:11
Quote Print Post  
If you have swabs, anesthetic, scalpel and a nurse then you can probably perform the procedure yourself, or take it to the vet... Smiley

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #3 - 05/12/10 at 04:00:41
Quote Print Post  
Grin  Stop feeding those bass jigs and put more fiber in their diet, then they will pass it with no pain.  Grin

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/22/10 at 21:51:47
Quote Print Post  
Put yourself in the fish's position.  Would you want someone pulling your string?  My glutimus maximus muscles are tightening just thinking about it!  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo