Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Washington (Read 9666 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington
Reply #15 - 10/27/09 at 01:29:10
Quote Print Post  
Yup was a typo must be my fat fingers again.

Russ

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/27/09 at 07:06:11
Quote Print Post  
So how are the big topwater baits with 3 treble hooks legal? Or are they? Hmmmmmm......... I count that as nine hooks.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/27/09 at 15:42:57
Quote Print Post  
..."and a hook may be single-point, double, or treble, but not more than one line with up to three hooks per angler may be used."  So there is a difference between "hooks" and "points".

So for instance...
Three trebles is OK. (9 points) - This is where three treble cranks come in...
Three doubles is OK (6 points)
Three singles is OK (3 points)
One single, one double, one treble - (6 points - still OK because it is only three hooks according to definition)

Larry Gonczy and I used to experiment with two crankbaits on a "Rev Rig" (three way rig) during the winter - one higher than the other - but we had to remove the belly hook on one of them because it would have made four trebles other wise.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #18 - 04/19/10 at 02:41:50
Quote Print Post  
Took a newbie out for a few hours last Friday and I managed to catch three and he caught in 15-20ft.  A couple more weeks of warm weather should really push these guys up.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #19 - 01/21/11 at 02:29:52
Quote Print Post  
Bug came out of hibernation yesterday and took it out to Washington.  Glad that everything worked fine.  Water is really dirty from all the rain that we've been getting.  Fished for an hour without a bite.  Water temp around 45.  Be careful.  A lot of floating debri and logs.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 01/21/11 at 21:13:45
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the heads up Says about the floating debris on Lake WA....it sounds like it can be dangerous out there....especially if there's a litte chop on the water.

BTW-I was bummed you couldn't attend the banquet this year- I was really looking forward to some of those funny jokes you and your brother were telling at the last WBC Banks lake tourney...you guys certainly know how to have a good time... Grin Grin

Bob

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #21 - 01/23/11 at 07:53:30
Quote Print Post  
I was out there on the same day. Yeah there is alot of debris. I ruined my day by catching a  3.8lb smallie on my first cast.  got nothing else except a 2lb pikeminnow that may have been excessively fizzed, then released.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #22 - 01/31/11 at 03:53:47
Quote Print Post  
went out again today and managed to boat a 3lb smallie from 45ft.. It was windy and cold but almost all of the debris is gone Smiley. the water tempis 45 degrees so fish slow slow. There is a big log blocking the load side of the newcastle launch.  Saw Ron or Don out there, we just waived at each other heading in opposite directions. Dont know how he did, but i hope he did better than me.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo