Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cast for kids (Read 6465 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Cast for kids
08/07/09 at 17:17:11
Quote Print Post  
Who has the info for Cast for kids event I want to sign up for this event.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Re: Cast for kids
Reply #1 - 08/07/09 at 19:57:29
Quote Print Post  
That would Brian Walker!

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/14/09 at 00:14:20
Quote Print Post  
Just got this from Jim Owens - apparently not a lot of sign ups have occurred so far... so if you are planning on making a kid smile - let him know ASAP.

BOATERS NEEDED TO HELP SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN CATCH A SPECIAL THRILL

The C.A.S.T. for KIDS FOUNDATION is pleased to announce plans for the 17th Annual Lake Washington C.A.S.T. for Kids event to be held Saturday, September 12, 2009 at Gene Coulon Park in Renton.  

The event is designed to provide children with disabilities the opportunity to enjoy a quality outdoor recreational experience through the sport of fishing.  This year we plan to host 50 children, including participants from the local Parks Special Populations Program, along with children from Ronald McDonald House and the Starlight Children’s Foundation.  Local volunteer groups include Boeing Rod & Reel Club, Puget Sound Anglers, Washington Bass Federation, and the Western Bass Club; all providing experienced anglers who provide their boats and their expertise to help make this a meaningful and memorable day for the children and their parents alike.

I would like to ask you to join the above listed organizations to help provide Boaters for this year’s event.  It will take a little more than half of your day and the pay back will be many times the effort you but in.

The day begins with the volunteers arriving at 7:30am to get everything set up and ready.  The Children and their parents arrive at 8:30.  The children are then given C.A.S.T. t-shirts and hats, rods and reels, tackle boxes filled with tackle to keep as their own for future use.  They are then paired, along with their parent, with an experienced fisherman and head out onto Lake Washington for about 3 hours of fishing and boat riding.  The anglers head in at about 12:00 and along with all the volunteers, families, and friends, and are treated to a barbeque lunch.  After lunch each child is presented a certificate and awarded a plaque that has a photo of them and their boat Captain inserted as a memento of this very special day.

Your help with make it possible for many special needs children to experience the joy of fishing and riding in a boat; many for the very first time, and some, for the only time.

Please pass this request on to fellow club members and others that might want to join us.  Contact Jim Owens at jim@castforkids.org or 425-251-3214 for further information and to sigh up.

Thank you for your consideration of my request to help with this very worthwhile event.  I hope that you will become one of the “SPECIAL PEOPLE, HELPING SPECIAL KIDS, CATCH A SPECIAL THRILL”

Jim Owens

Executive Director, C.A.S.T. for Kids Foundation

227 SW 41st St., Renton, WA 98057

P: (425) 251-3214

Catch A Special Thrill

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #3 - 08/14/09 at 04:02:58
Quote Print Post  
E-mail sent to Jim. I'm signed up. Thank you for the past Chuck!!!

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 08/14/09 at 04:04:37
Quote Print Post  
Oh no !  I better plan out my vacation week of fishing ASAP.  I took labor day week off work, and was planning on hitting Banks, Moses and maybe potholes.  Hopefully I will make the time and come home a little early.  

Thanks for posting the info Rev.  

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #5 - 08/27/09 at 19:40:45
Quote Print Post  
Email address is ????????

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #6 - 08/28/09 at 03:51:58
Quote Print Post  
Read the whole article...here it is.....
jim@castforkids.org

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #7 - 08/28/09 at 17:24:00
Quote Print Post  
Thank you Larry I am look forward to this. Do they  bring there own Rods ? Do you guys use drop shot with them? I would think drop shot would be the easiest but you know how it can loop up on you if there is little wind.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 08/29/09 at 04:05:09
Quote Print Post  
cant remember if they get rods...I believe so....and yes...dropshot works best and mostly we will quage each kid for what they are capable of and mostly get a fish on for them and hand them the rod to reel in....did have a kid get mad because he saw me hook the fish before giving him the rod  Cheesy

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 08/31/09 at 18:40:33
Quote Print Post  
Yes, all the kids get a rod.  Plus they get reels, which really helps  Grin

They will also get t-shirts, caps, tackle boxes, and a neat plaque.

We are looking at having about 50 kids this year so we need to get as many boats as we can.  So, if you would, reach out to other club members to have them come and enjoy the fun.

Thankx - Jim

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/01/09 at 22:17:03
Quote Print Post  
The Green Machine will be there as usual, seeya on the water.

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 09/02/09 at 20:49:45
Quote Print Post  
Great Faz!  I look forward to seeing you.

If any of he rest of you that have not contacted me are planning on coming please send me an e-mail letting me know for sure.  That way I have a more accurate idea of the number of boats that will be there.

Thankx,
Jim

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo