Normal Topic Tapps 09' (Read 1574 times)
2000subaru
Ex Member

Tapps 09'
04/10/09 at 03:28:07
Quote Print Post  
Well I finally had a day without the children, so I hit the lake this afternoon.  Finally stuck my first fish of the year, in 3 feet of water non the less!  2.5lb Smallie that took a weightless worm in a new to me color of Daquiri (yamamoto color 237).  I had just left Cabelas with a friend who was wanting to get into bass fishing and we hit the lake during a break in the sprinkles.  We hit one spot and it was all that was needed.  The water is still really dirty in the south end, and has warmed up quite a bit in the last week or so.  Water temps around 51 -52 degrees.  Not a trophy or anything, but I was able to leave the skunk on the lake for the year.  I'll pick him back up in December!  Happy hunting.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Tapps 09'
Reply #1 - 04/10/09 at 04:26:33
Quote Print Post  
That may be the first short fat smallie I've seen out of Tapps.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Re: Tapps 09'
Reply #2 - 04/10/09 at 05:31:10
Quote Print Post  
I'm actually REALLY WIDE, so he was not all that short....Plus, I've got tiny hands, like carnival folk.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo