Normal Topic Lk Washington Sunday (Read 1519 times)
Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Lk Washington Sunday
09/15/08 at 02:11:57
Quote Print Post  
We got on the water around 7:30 out of Coulon ran up to the E. Channel and worked down the S. shore of M.I.  Outside edge of the weedline, around 20', drogshot with anything 3" and darker tones, biggest fish around 3 lbs most between 1 & 2 lbs, only a couple of dinks and about 30 medium perch, total of 18 smallmouth.  My neighbor caught his first bass ever, could be a convert coming in the near future  Wink

Headed in around noon, with too many waterskiers to keep track of, and it was a zoo trying to take the boat out at Coulon, interesting to see how many boats can tie up at one time on the ramps  Angry, unbelievable.  Will be back out on Saturday, doing a rain dance everyday until then!   Cool

BillB

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Lk Washington Sunday
Reply #1 - 09/15/08 at 05:39:13
Quote Print Post  
I launched out of Coulon at 7 this morning too.  I caught 4 keepers with the biggest going 3.1lbs and lost one that was around 2lbs.  My buddy caught one at 2.4lbs.  We too caught a bunch of perch, but one was 1.2lbs.  We got off the water at 12 and yeah...it was a zoo.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Re: Lk Washington Sunday
Reply #2 - 09/21/08 at 00:30:51
Quote Print Post  
Well my rain dance worked   Wink    Hit the lake around 8AM with my son and grandson, left around 1PM nice and soggy and knowing that we will be back again real soon.  Worked another section of M.I. south shore with a nice run of 1 to 2 pound Smallies on dropshot cuttails and bitsy bugs green pumpkin with an occasional good sized perch.

Saw one other boat working the shoreline and a couple of pleasure boats ran by in mid-channel, otherwise just us, the Smalies and the misty rain (no wind at all) with no one blocking the ramp.  A really good day!   Cool

BillB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo